Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Disney wants to do movie of 2016 Alamo Bowl

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Don't. Fuck. With. Disney.

Walt is dead.

Relationship with Disney[edit]
    Beginning in 1940, cartoon drawings of Puddles in student publications began to resemble Donald Duck, and by 1947, Walt Disney was aware of the issue. Capitalizing on his friendship with a Disney cartoonist, Oregon athletic director Leo Harris met Disney and reached an informal handshake agreement that granted the University of Oregon permission to use Donald as its sports mascot.[1][2][4]

When Disney lawyers later questioned the agreement in the 1970s, the university produced a photo showing Harris and Disney wearing matching jackets with an Oregon Donald logo.[2][5] Relying on the photo as evidence of Disney's wishes, in 1973, both parties signed a formal agreement granting the university the right to use Donald's likeness as a symbol for (and restricted to) Oregon sports.[2] The agreement gave Disney control over where the mascot could perform and ensured that the performer inside the costume would "properly represent the Donald Duck character."[6]

In 2010, Disney and the university reached an agreement that removed the costumed Oregon Duck mascot from its association with the Donald trademark, and allowed The Duck to make more public appearances, such as at college mascot competitions.[6] The mascot in graphic art, which is more similar to Donald Duck than the rounder head and body of the costume, is still covered by the trademark agreement.[6]
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Who's the pussy who gets the luxury of playing the role of Lockie?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Instant movie ownership in the Tequilla house
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

Oregons fans be like

TOO. SOON.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That Alamo Bowl loss was a win in many ways.

Slingblade hired Yost who is a better OC than himself and the new kid he promoted to OC. So, if things start to slack he will just let Yost do his thing.

It also got Pellum taken out of the DC role. We will see who he hires and how they do, but the guy wants to keep his job and I think he is working harder than any mediocre coach in history.

Usually a mediocre coach just rides it out, gets that extra year to really suck and collects his millions. Slingblade is trying to get to year five and I think he might actually get it. When he was first hired I don't think one person saw him getting past year four.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

Slingblade hired Yost who is a better OC than himself and the new kid he promoted to OC. So, if things start to slack he will just let Yost do his thing.

It also got Pellum taken out of the DC role. We will see who he hires and how they do, but the guy wants to keep his job and I think he is working harder than any mediocre coach in history.

Usually a mediocre coach just rides it out, gets that extra year to really suck and collects his millions. Slingblade is trying to get to year five and I think he might actually get it. When he was first hired I don't think one person saw him getting past year four.

Awesome....simply awesome.

I have all the screenshots I need.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The Script fits: Sad beginning. Happy ending ;)
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

Oregons fans be like

Wood hit.
    She was very fuckable in HBO's Rome as well.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

there is so much awesomeness in this post, it reads like satire from making fun of posts about our shit coaches over the years. He's working harder than ever!!!!!1!!
    UW has shit coaches that are lazy. Oregon has a shit coach that is trying his best to put really good coaches around him so the program doesn't suck.

There is something to be said about a guy not taking the money grab when gifted a seven figure job he didn't earn.
  • Options

Everyone is talking about the difference between Pellum and Wilcox.

Big win!

It will be Nolan. His overall resume is substantially better than the average Pac-12 DC. Monte Kiffen's was also and he was fucking terrible.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Everyone is talking about the difference between Pellum and Wilcox.

Big win!

It will be Nolan. His overall resume is substantially better than the average Pac-12 DC. Monte Kiffen's was also and he was fucking terrible.

Either way it will be interesting.
    Thanks, Bleenor.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the ultimate dog thread