Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Long Schedules In-Home with Michigan after OV to UW

Los Angeles Loyola DB David Long said #Michigan will have last say before he makes his decison. In-home with UM after official to Washington

— Sam Webb (@SamWebb77) January 4, 2016

Not great news. Obviously liked the set-up of Long visiting and then going out of the country. Not exactly unexpected though.

Comments

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ugh. Doesn't look good for this one either. We going to get any of the guys left?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,455
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I hate Sam Webb
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,714
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Webb on Long and Crawford: http://www.scout.com/college/michigan/story/1629640-army-practice-recap-west-u-m-targets-day-1

Crawford going to announce but then still take his visits.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Los Angeles Loyola DB David Long said #Michigan will have last say before he makes his decison. In-home with UM after official to Washington

Not great news. Obviously liked the set-up of Long visiting and then going out of the country. Not exactly unexpected though.
    Shit. Are you kidding me? Fuck this kid. Lets UW roll out the red carpet on an OV, only to have michigan waiting for him when he gets home - what a douchey thing to do.
    Yeah, it's the 17 yr olds fault for taking in all his options prior to weighing a decision that has effect on the rest of his life.

I think you're wrapped up a little too tight in recruiting and may need to take a timeout and evaluate how pathetic life is for douching on teenagers!

Ah yes, the old doogman line.

Sorry, kim, I'll seek therapy.
  • Options
    I am not sure who is whooshing whom here.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It is either Harv or Boobs
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited January 2016

I'm hoping for abundance
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Shit. Are you kidding me? Fuck this kid. Lets UW roll out the red carpet on an OV, only to have michigan waiting for him when he gets home - what a douchey thing to do.
    Yeah, it's the 17 yr olds fault for taking in all his options prior to weighing a decision that has effect on the rest of his life.

I think you're wrapped up a little too tight in recruiting and may need to take a timeout and evaluate how pathetic life is for douching on teenagers!
    Ah yes, the old doogman line.

Sorry, kim, I'll seek therapy.

HRYK. Unless the kid is a douche like Jordan Payton and is officially committed to three different schools within a 12 hour period, it makes no sense to hold a grudge.
  • Options

Michigan successfully operating in Cali is not good for UW. It's hard enough getting USC and Stanford leftovers.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Yup. Harbaugh will kill UW if they don't start performing on be field....
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I heard that on the 247 site interview with Long he said he's already made up his mind on where he's going and it's not where he has the best relationship with the coaches but where He likes the program and college the best.

We still have the last OV but it would appear that he Long gone (see what I did there).
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    He been gone since forever
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Having the last official visit is just as important if not more that the last in-home imo. He last visited Michigan back in October and it would be easy for Long to cancel the in-home with Harbaugh after he gets back from Seattle. We just need Petersen and Lake to lock it up in Seattle. If he was really all about Michigan why would he even take his official to Washington? He's already been up to Seattle multiple times, there is no reason to take an official if his mind is set on Ann Arbor.

Michigan has no commits from the west coast, they're all east coast guys and a few sprinkled in from the midwest. They do only have one corner committed so far out of 22 commits. I feel its an intriguing option for a kid from LA but when it comes down it to he'll end up at UW. Hard to argue with the track record of putting cornerbacks in the NFL recently and I think when it comes down to it he's more comfortable with the players/coaches at UW. The staff seems to have a good relationship with Loyola, which is arguably the top private high school in the city of Los Angeles. But what do I know.
  • Options
    That's great and all but he gone.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    I bet his OV gets canceled
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    pat_hm said:

Having the last official visit is just as important if not more that the last in-home imo. He last visited Michigan back in October and it would be easy for Long to cancel the in-home with Harbaugh after he gets back from Seattle. We just need Petersen and Lake to lock it up in Seattle. If he was really all about Michigan why would he even take his official to Washington? He's already been up to Seattle multiple times, there is no reason to take an official if his mind is set on Ann Arbor.

Michigan has no commits from the west coast, they're all east coast guys and a few sprinkled in from the midwest. They do only have one corner committed so far out of 22 commits. I feel its an intriguing option for a kid from LA but when it comes down it to he'll end up at UW. Hard to argue with the track record of putting cornerbacks in the NFL recently and I think when it comes down to it he's more comfortable with the players/coaches at UW. The staff seems to have a good relationship with Loyola, which is arguably the top private high school in the city of Los Angeles. But what do I know.

Why do hate Harvard-Westlake?