Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Long Schedules In-Home with Michigan after OV to UW

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Los Angeles Loyola DB David Long said #Michigan will have last say before he makes his decison. In-home with UM after official to Washington

— Sam Webb (@SamWebb77) January 4, 2016

Not great news. Obviously liked the set-up of Long visiting and then going out of the country. Not exactly unexpected though.
    Shit. Are you kidding me? Fuck this kid. Lets UW roll out the red carpet on an OV, only to have michigan waiting for him when he gets home - what a douchey thing to do.

This post has all the structure and tone of whoosh bait. But then I saw who posted it and can.believe.is.serious
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Apparently Pete will actually have the last in home on Wednesday, with Harbaugh having one on Monday. Long will announce his decision on Thursday.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Apparently Pete will actually have the last in home on Wednesday, with Harbaugh having one on Monday. Long will announce his decision on Thursday.

That means something. But he liked a michigan fan boys tweets?!?! We're fucked.

I think he really likes Michigan but in the end he'll stick with the coaches he feels most comfortable with, Petersen and Lake.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    pat_hm said:

NEsnake12 said:

I think he really likes Michigan but in the end he'll stick with the coaches he feels most comfortable with, Petersen and Lake.
    Yes, it's all because he liked one tweet.

He's liked 100s of Michigan tweets in the past month and very few UW ones. He's followed Michigan players and commits in the past month. He is posting pictures on social media of Michigan stuff while on a visit to UW.

This is not hard to figure out.
  • Options

pat_hm said:

NEsnake12 said:

Yes, it's all because he liked one tweet.

He's liked 100s of Michigan tweets in the past month and very few UW ones. He's followed Michigan players and commits in the past month. He is posting pictures on social media of Michigan stuff while on a visit to UW.

This is not hard to figure out.
    Michigan fans have been tweeting at him non stop the past month, he's bound to like some of them. I just think its naive to to think he's going somewhere based solely on social media.

Sure he followed some Michigan recruits but he also hung out with Sidney Jones and Budda Baker all weekend. He saved his last in home with Petersen. Knows he can play early. That means nothing?? He gets along with the current UW players, coaches. I don't see why its crazy to think he's going to choose UW.

• Options
    Last official visit: UW
    Last in-home visit: Chris Petersen, UW

Means nothing.

He followed another recruit he met at the All American game on TWITTER. He liked some Michigan tweets. He's going to Michigan FOR SURE.

I don't understand the logic. But it's not cool to believe that UW actually has a competent coaching staff that can pull in talent.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    pat_hm said:

Long just followed Budda on Twitter!!!!!!!! #breakingnews

Take off your purple tinted glasses for a second.

Long is obviously infatuated with Michigan. All his actions and tweets and interviews at the Army game and since then through this visit make that clear.

Now this wouldn't necessarily be an obstacle since most recruits at the end sit down with a pro/con list and try to look at things objectively.

However Michigan is a better school, a better football team, and is manned by a better head coach.

So we are fucked unless he decides its just too far.

Also look at the recruiting "analysts." Sam Webb said UM had two silent commits at the Army game. He later said Dallas Crawford was not one. There weren't that many other uncommitted prospects that UM was doing well for.

Then Webb said his gut feeling was Long to UM. This is code. He never cites the gut unless the kid directly tells him he is going to commit and Sam feels very confident about it.

He gone.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2016

pat_hm said:

However Michigan is a better school, a better football team, and is manned by a better head coach.

Washington and michigan are both listed among the top public schools in the United States. michigan a few spots higher, admittedly.

michigan's DB coach is not better than Jimmy Lake, and Lake has the All Conference DBs to prove it. Harbaugh may be able to turn around a program quicker than Petersen, but he ain't Nick Saban and Petersen ain't ty willingham.

michigan may have a better record this year, but they aren't that much better.

In short, not as clear cut as you think.
  • Options

pat_hm said:

Long is obviously infatuated with Michigan. All his actions and tweets and interviews at the Army game and since then through this visit make that clear.

Now this wouldn't necessarily be an obstacle since most recruits at the end sit down with a pro/con list and try to look at things objectively.

Also look at the recruiting "analysts." Sam Webb said UM had two silent commits at the Army game. He later said Dallas Crawford was not one. There weren't that many other uncommitted prospects that UM was doing well for.

Then Webb said his gut feeling was Long to UM. This is code. He never cites the gut unless the kid directly tells him he is going to commit and Sam feels very confident about it.

He gone.
    I'm not saying that it's not Michigan. I honestly have no idea where the kid is going. I have no idea who Sam Webb is. My main issue with the case for Long to Michigan is using the fact that he's been liking Michigan fan tweets as a pillar to the argument that he's a lock to Michigan. It's pressing.

UW feels like the underdog in this battle and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he ends up going with Michigan. But to deny that UW has a legitimate shot because his social media says Michigan is stupid. You can spin the social media stuff anyway you want. His most recent follows on Instagram include Jo Jo Mathis, Marcus Peters, Eifler, Gardnehire and Sidney Jones. Does that mean Michigan is out of it? No.

I'm more interested in how many times has Long visited Ann Arbor? Which coaches are recruiting him for Michigan besides Harbaugh? Who besides Dylan Crawford are really pushing for him to join Michigan? I know he's visited Washington multiple times. He was just there. UW was the runner up when he committed to Stanford. He has a great relationship with Lake and Pete.

These kids are native to social media. It's all they know. So it's hard for us to analyze it through our eyes because we're a different generation. He would be a nice addition to the class but Michigan might be too appealing. It is Ann Arbor though and it seems like more often than not if kids from LA decide to leave the next they usually end up in the PAC12.

And it's not about being right or wrong. We all want him to UW. I just feel we've got more of a shot than others do I guess. We'll know on Thursday.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    We know right now. He gone.

The fact that you ever thought this was just about twitter likes and follows is pressing.

We were runner up to Stanford and now we are runner up to Michigan. He doesn't love us we are a back up that he is comfortable with if he can't find someone else. He found someone else. It's over.
  • Options

The fact that you ever thought this was just about twitter likes and follows is pressing.

We were runner up to Stanford and now we are runner up to Michigan. He doesn't love us we are a back up that he is comfortable with if he can't find someone else. He found someone else. It's over.

That's cool but you never answered any of my questions as to why he's a lock to Michigan. But you seem to know your stuff so I doubt it matters. It's Michigan. Go Blue.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pat_hm said:

That's cool but you never answered any of my questions as to why he's a lock to Michigan. But you seem to know your stuff so I doubt it matters. It's Michigan. Go Blue.
    Twitter is a good indicator just like it was for McKinley.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

pat_hm said:

He gone.
    Sam Webb is your source?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment