Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

That sucked

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    SRS had Oregon #1 in offense and #118 on defense.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dab me one..

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I wouldn't say it that way. I'd sum it up that Oregon has five players on its current roster who will be drafted in the first five rounds of the NFL draft, two of whom are seniors, two are true sophmores and one of them is Carrington who could stay or go. It's not going to take much to find the next Tyson Coleman or Matt Pierson. And that's the reason why people who say Oregon (or Stanford) is about to fall off a cliff are generally wrong about it.

This just in.....

Going from the Natty to 9-4 with no plan at QB is falling off of a cliff considering that all of your division foes look to be improved next year.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Sounds about right. Don't need advanced stats to see that our (!) defense is garbage

This all might have been worth it since we're getting a new DC. If we had won the game, we'd have more Don in charge next year.
  • Options
    LOL, the SRS best offense in CFB buys Helf another year or two anyway, so I know I'm stuck with him. If the D is in the 30's or 40's we go to the playoff
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

LOL, the SRS best offense in CFB buys Helf another year or two anyway, so I know I'm stuck with him. If the D is in the 30's or 40's we go to the playoff

It's Hard to see Oregon in the top 15 SRS next year though starting a QB that has yet to win an FBS game. It's also HARDER to see Oregon's D crack the top 50 in SRS next year.

Helf was lucky to have VAJ for the games that He did. However noone close to his level will be calling sigs back there next year. And unfortunately Helf's relative subpar recruiting may really show next year. As this year it appears to be 3 start lunch pails even
  • Options
    Prukop is a better fit for Oregon's offensive style than Adams is. I think that he's going to be a good one, and Nicky Satan agrees with me. The backfield and WRs remain in place. Give Helfrich his due, offensive production has been good as long as the QB isn't Jeff Lockie. Hopefully the staff will have a better Plan B in case Prukop gets hurt.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

According to my Montana St superiority guy, Prukop or whatever is a downgrade from Adams. We already know Lockie isn't a Pac 12 quarterback.

Get ready Duckies....Autism Stadium is gonna be half full soon. You'll be able to get a $4 ticket with a Whopper value meal pretty soon. :D

Adams was in a class by himself in the Big Sky, and at UofO. I've watched the Mt. State guy play, and he's decent, but no Adams in terms of elusiveness or downfield vision. Adams' sense of timing in the pocket was un-fucking believable.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Prukop is a better fit for Oregon's offensive style than Adams is. I think that he's going to be a good one, and Nicky Satan agrees with me. The backfield and WRs remain in place. Give Helfrich his due, offensive production has been good as long as the QB isn't Jeff Lockie. Hopefully the staff will have a better Plan B in case Prukop gets hurt.

Cool story. What about the OL? You know, the guys that make the offense go. Losing 3/5 is gonna have an impact. And what about the defensive front 7? You know, they guys who need to stop the other guys. Losing 6/7 shirley can't help.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

After the inevitable failure of the Oregon offense under Jeff Lockie, I literally grabbed the leash and went for a walk with my daWg along the lake to get some perspective.

Mentioned something in the game thread (during the 2nd Q after VA went down but apres le deluge) that I have seen this before.

Spent my childhood in SE Texas as a fan of the erstwhile Houston Oilers (fuck you, Bud Adams, rot in hell) and I watched the game against Buffalo where Houston gave up a 31-point lead to let Buffalo win in OT.

That has now happened twice to me as a fan, of two different teams in two totally different leagues and parts of the country. Owen12 might be preferable.

Best comment on 247 was this: "You just witnessed the opposite of The Pick. This loss could be the end of Oregon football as we have gotten used to if things are not handled properly, and difficult decisions are not made."

More rumint on that bored to the effect that the AD, Uncle Phil, and Helfrich had a little pow-wow after the game.

We'll see.

If this is the opposite of The Pick, I'd gladly rewatch this game on HuskyTron at every home game
    So, the fanbase isn't completely fucked up.

Disagree.
  • Options
    You doogs are all correct. Oregon will be lucky to win 4 games next year
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Might as well cancel the program.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

Maybe it's because I'm a contrarian in nature, but that one didn't hurt. It would've had it been a Rose Bowl or a Fiesta Bowl. But no one is going to remember the 2016 Alamo Freeze Bowl Winner 10 years from now.

Right now, I'm more curious about what Phuckup can do. No one is going to be VAJ when it comes to the deep ball. But a better running QB coupled with Freeman and a healthy Tyner along with an even weaker Pac 12 isn't a bad consolation prize. Assuming someone learns to snap the ball.

Contrarian? More like a fool. Biggest meltdown in bowel history, played early enough that everyone could watch ... not good.

Next year, you'll again have loads of talent and experience at the skill positions, but you lose 3 OL starters and 6/7 of the front 7 on defense. All hat, no cowboy?

And hanging that hat on a "better running QB" who has yet to play in a FBS game shows just how much Kool-aid you have chugged. He may very well be as effective as VAJ, but I doubt it. Then again, he may get blown up early in the year and you'll be riding the Lockie train again.
    A fool? It was the Alamo Bowl. Just as nobody would have cared if Oregon won if, nobody cares that Oregon lost it or how.
    salemcoog said:

I wouldn't say it that way. I'd sum it up that Oregon has five players on its current roster who will be drafted in the first five rounds of the NFL draft, two of whom are seniors, two are true sophmores and one of them is Carrington who could stay or go. It's not going to take much to find the next Tyson Coleman or Matt Pierson. And that's the reason why people who say Oregon (or Stanford) is about to fall off a cliff are generally wrong about it.

This just in.....

Going from the Natty to 9-4 with no plan at QB is falling off of a cliff considering that all of your division foes look to be improved next year.
    Improved next year?

What are they going to do? Shock the world and win 8 games?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

You doogs are all correct. Oregon will be lucky to win 4 games next year

As usual, the doogs focus on Oregon getting the hammer or just sucking rather than UW actually getting good.

Fucking losers.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    AZDuck said:

@AZDuck: Shit man, that sounds overly optimistic. Good athlete, but kid's never played against a Pac12 team and pass defense in the Big Sky is almost non-existent. Big, big adjustments ahead for that kid.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

A fool? It was the Alamo Bowl. Just as nobody would have cared if Oregon won if, nobody cares that Oregon lost it or how.

After winning the Alamo Bowl, a statue was erected on the Baylor campus of this guy:
    haie said:

LOL Oregon got embarrassed in the Alamo Bowl

FTG

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    salemcoog said:

This just in.....

Cali is STILL too high.