Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Exodus at UCLA Continues

Caleb Benenoch just declared for the draft, he is the 5th junior to do so for them and there could be 1 or 2 more.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

Caleb Benenoch just declared for the draft, he is the 5th junior to do so for them and there could be 1 or 2 more.

Honest to God.

Who?
    Probably their best OL
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Their LT is rumored to be the next to declare. Vanderdoes says he's coming back...for now.

I see two possible scenarios here.

1) Mora has already told his players he's leaving

2) Mora hasn't told his team he's leaving yet, but they've figured it out
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2015
    McDermott was the best OL and he's expected to go pro as well. It was expected all season long that Clark, Jack, Perkins and McDermott were all gone (with warning). Benenoch was a surprise and it will hurt badly.

Some inside word that Klemms is an asshole. Speaking of couch sales...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So, what's the recruiting angle Helfrich will take?

"you dont want to go to UCLA... all the top talent play as freshmen, leave early for the NFL and they always end up as a team too young to play for a natty to benefit their Head Coach"
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Word is Moras taking the Dolphins job Monday morning.

I'm kind of indifferent about it. If he stayed cool, if not fine. We took back some pride from SC, upgraded facilities and got the AD to commit better to football.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mora leaving could be a good thing for UCLA. He upgraded the talent and expectations (to some degree). He just can't actually coach. His reputation is somehow much greater than what is deserved. He's from a football family and part of the good ol boy network.

The doogs who hate Mora are dumb, but he's an average coach.

Down the stretch Mora showed signs of really being checked out.

Could be a good thing if we nail the hire, as inTom Herman. I know he's turned downed sec jobs, but he's a SoCal native, coming home to coach a heisman caliber talent at QB, new facilities. It makes some sense. A broon can hope...

I know you're not a mora fan, but I think he significantly upgraded the job and will make hiring the next guy easier. But Guerrero can definitely fuck this up.
    You could easily do worse than Mora, but you are at the point where it's probably worth the risk. Herman and Chip are probably long shots, but either would be an incredible get and immediately put UCLA in the driver's seat to go on a run in the South.
  • Options

Mora leaving could be a good thing for UCLA. He upgraded the talent and expectations (to some degree). He just can't actually coach. His reputation is somehow much greater than what is deserved. He's from a football family and part of the good ol boy network.

Could be a good thing if we nail the hire, as inTom Herman. I know he's turned downed sec jobs, but he's a SoCal native, coming home to coach a heisman caliber talent at QB, new facilities. It makes some sense. A broon can hope...

I know you're not a mora fan, but I think he significantly upgraded the job and will make hiring the next guy easier. But Guerrero can definitely fuck this up.
    You could easily do worse than Mora, but you are at the point where it's probably worth the risk. Herman and Chip are probably long shots, but either would be an incredible get and immediately put UCLA in the driver's seat to go on a run in the South.
    Chip is a long shot or no-shot. I don't think Herman is a long shot for the reasons I mentioned.

Dave Aranda is also from that same Cal Lutheran program that turned out Herman. I think he's an up and coming young coach with SoCal ties. Maybe a big risk for a head job.

I bet at worst, we could get someone like Wittingham. Son just graduated from Utah, losing a lot on offense. He's complained about His budget in the past. He'd be a marginal upgrade over Mora.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

...if they were USC.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mora really rode his year with elite Mike Vick. Similar to Chizik with Newton.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

such as? losing games doesn't count as "showing signs" because everyone loses games
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

such as? losing games doesn't count as "showing signs" because everyone loses games
    The body language from the entire team in the bowel game was bizarre. Beat reporters noted that he was unusually tense this season. Stuff like that.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What's Duarte gonna do? Is he staying or leaving? That guy is a weapon
  • Options

What's Duarte gonna do? Is he staying or leaving? That guy is a weapon

I've heard he's considering leaving, but it's thought he'll return. He's not a TE, not a WR, and he's Asian. Great college player, don't see what he does in the NFL.