Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Culture of Hate defeated in Portland

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Should've just baked them a shitty cake. Word would spread like wildfire through the gay community and bodda-bing, problem solved. BTW, you won't read it in the shitty press, but the bakery owners apparently did some retaliatory stuff, like posting the couples contact info on the web, which led to harassment via e-mails & phone, etc. I don't know the percentages, but as I understand, a large portion of the fine was for those related, retaliatory acts that happened during the shit-storm.

How much of the fine goes to help the homos vs the state of oregon public employee pensions?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2016
    @DHHi: I don't know. Should we move onto annoying-bullying Service Dog owners? Seems like with every well-intended law we pass, we create a new class of abusive assholes, aside from those who genuinely need or benefit from them.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@DHHi: I don't know. Should we move onto annoying-bullying Service Dog owners? Seems like with every well-intended law we pass, we create a new class of abusive assholes, aside from those who genuinely need or benefit from them.

I'm not being an abusive asshole when I claim PUMP MY GAS, DUCK!

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

It's head asplode time that a small business could be fined like this, for this. This isn't a public institution (hi marriage license lady in bumfuck kentucky or wherever), let the free market take its turn.

When I was a kid, I remember reading signs in small businesses that said "We reserve the right to refuse service to anybody."

I'm sure HondaFS is prepping his "pawz is a racist bigot rant", but this is truly a blight on the future of our youth and how we teach them to respond responsibly to adversity.

What's with the Honda obsession?
    You are what's wrong with America.

A dumb, gullible piss ant that is mindlessly doing the work of someone who has a lot more to lose than you ever will. All under the guise of doing the lord's work for the little guy, who you inadvertently shackle and enslave in perpetuity. Useful idiot indeed.
    Says the anti-vaccine guy.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

It's head asplode time that a small business could be fined like this, for this. This isn't a public institution (hi marriage license lady in bumfuck kentucky or wherever), let the free market take its turn.

When I was a kid, I remember reading signs in small businesses that said "We reserve the right to refuse service to anybody."

I'm sure HondaFS is prepping his "pawz is a racist bigot rant", but this is truly a blight on the future of our youth and how we teach them to respond responsibly to adversity.

A dumb, gullible piss ant that is mindlessly doing the work of someone who has a lot more to lose than you ever will. All under the guise of doing the lord's work for the little guy, who you inadvertently shackle and enslave in perpetuity. Useful idiot indeed.
    Nice rant. But your perception of reality is off.

The couple that was awarded money only wanted money, they didn't want a cake. What I don't get is what damages were imposed on the couple? But whatever, I only read the headline.
    Just
    Swaye said:

I'm not torn at all. Fuck those money grubbing activist dykes. Bake them a cake and shove it up their ass. I hope they get killed by falling commercial aircraft parts. Assholes.

If I own a business and I cannot conduct business with who I want, based on religious views, then I don't live in America. Burn it all down.

They should have been fined for fucking with a Mom and Pop in the first place and fined again for being too stupid to just go to Costco for a cake.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2016

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

Nice rant. But your perception of reality is off.

The couple that was awarded money only wanted money, they didn't want a cake. What I don't get is what damages were imposed on the couple? But whatever, I only read the headline.
    Just
    Swaye said:

I'm not torn at all. Fuck those money grubbing activist dykes. Bake them a cake and shove it up their ass. I hope they get killed by falling commercial aircraft parts. Assholes.

If I own a business and I cannot conduct business with who I want, based on religious views, then I don't live in America. Burn it all down.

They should have been fined for fucking with a Mom and Pop in the first place and find again for being too stupid to just go to Costco for a cake.
    I do think there is probably some legal precedence for that. My thinking being free speech is limited to disallowing such things as yelling "FIRE" in a crowded movie house (thus inciting panic).

Same concept here. If the couple KNEW these cakebakers were deeply religious and/or were told 'this is against our religious beliefes'...yet, the lesbos STILL insisted on making them do something that goes against their freedoms, that doesn't seem right.

It's kind of like this. The fuckers were warned not to persist. They deserve what comes next: Make way, bitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenvCzWS9x0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC3SwC_wjD4
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

Exactly ^. In a free society the business is allowed to refuse service, people protest/boycott and the company changes it's ways out of necessity.

Affirmative Action and I had a laugh at this #invisible hand
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    TommySQC said:

dhdawg said:

Exactly ^. In a free society the business is allowed to refuse service, people protest/boycott and the company changes it's ways out of necessity.

Affirmative Action and I had a laugh at this #invisible hand
    Again, this from the sound of it is a small mom and pop shop, not a school, public entity, or large corporation