Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Questions for fellow TBS'ers

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

Oh Tommie, there you go again. You know, it's ok to admit you were wrong....better that than being an idiot by sticking to PETERSEN SUCKS!!!!1@!!@1 simply because you said it earlier in the year.

1) Will Kent Love stick with us or flip to USC? flip. Bark 4 sark

2) Do we really have a shot at Juarez or is he more of a Reuben Foster that we'll lose to 'Bama and great Southern coffee? no shot. You don't turn down Saban(god)

3) Who is this OG Hellbus that was committed to Stanford and now we may land him? nope. He'll test the watrers and re-up with 'Furd.

4) Any news on the WRs? We need a WR that's at least 6 feet in this class. no news. Not a bumper crop year for WR.

5) Any videos to any of them working out with their shirts off? (I kid, I kid). no you're not

What was I wrong about???

Petersen DOES suck.

Or did 7-6 give you wood like Sark used to.
    It is amazing how often the old - play a batch of shitty teams at the end of the season - trick works.
    Opponents' W/L record, excluding conf. champ. games and bowl games....

- First 6 games of the season: 40-31
    - Last 6 games of the season: 40-32
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Looks like some of you hate facts.

So do you based on going 1 outta 5 in your answers to HFNY's questions.
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

I don't know or care about this TBS pedo shit.

That's the joke.

Try to keep up.
    Yeah no shit we noticed. Thanks for stopping by it was fun!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

That's the joke.

Try to keep up.
    We?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,498
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Oh Tommie, there you go again. You know, it's ok to admit you were wrong....better that than being an idiot by sticking to PETERSEN SUCKS!!!!1@!!@1 simply because you said it earlier in the year.

2) Do we really have a shot at Juarez or is he more of a Reuben Foster that we'll lose to 'Bama and great Southern coffee? no shot. You don't turn down Saban(god)

3) Who is this OG Hellbus that was committed to Stanford and now we may land him? nope. He'll test the watrers and re-up with 'Furd.

4) Any news on the WRs? We need a WR that's at least 6 feet in this class. no news. Not a bumper crop year for WR.

5) Any videos to any of them working out with their shirts off? (I kid, I kid). no you're not

Petersen DOES suck.

It is amazing how often the old - play a batch of shitty teams at the end of the season - trick works.

Oregon State, Washington State and Southern Miss have caused the annual breakout of hey we were 6-6 but we don't suck bullshit. WSU and So Miss have good records but are shitty teams.

We lost to every decent team we played and a couple shitty ones like Cal and ASU

But this 4-5 was better than last years 4-5 and Sark's run of going 5-4

If you're a doog and you are
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    Standard Supporter

That's the joke.

Try to keep up.
    We?
    You sound upset. Why don't you take some time away from the computer.
  • Options

That's the joke.

Try to keep up.
    We?
    You sound upset. Why don't you take some time away from the computer.
    huh?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just swept up leaves off the back patio and gained some perspective. Petersen has done worse than Sark and all of this mythical great recruiting still looks like a bunch of skinny losers to this grizzled scribe.

That's the genesis of the whole SEC bit. You can't look at LSU and think UW belongs on the same field with them, let alone Bama.

If that isn't the goal then shut the fucking program down
  • Options

That's the joke.

Try to keep up.
    We?
    Yeah, me and the rest of the football team, duh.
  • Options

I just swept up leaves off the back patio and gained some perspective. Petersen has done worse than Sark and all of this mythical great recruiting still looks like a bunch of skinny losers to this grizzled scribe.

That's the genesis of the whole SEC bit. You can't look at LSU and think UW belongs on the same field with them, let alone Bama.

If that isn't the goal then shut the fucking program down

Awesome'd for image of grizzled scribe sweeping leaves and gaining perspective.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    The bigger point is that Tommie was leading the Petersen-Sucks-Fire-Him-ASAP crowd after the tough Oregon loss. Then he got louder after Magna Carta had to start the Stanford game, a team that is the best in the Pac-12.

But football, particularly the college game, can be a roller-coaster, especially considering that some key positions had true freshmen and other young guys starting. The old adage of you're never as good as you think you are and you're never as bad as you think you are definitely applied this year.

Again, I think some people would respect Tommie more if he admits he went overboard rather than clinging to the PETERSEN SUCKS!!!1!!@!!!!1!!!11!!!!! life-raft simply because he said it multiple times a few months ago.

As for 2016, UW has a great shot at being a 9 win regular season team next year...maybe even 10 wins if the chips fall right and the team avoids injury which would mean a 6-3 or 7-2 in-conference record which would be the best Pac-10 record since Skippy Neuheisel's 2001 campaign of 6-2.

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

Oregon State, Washington State and Southern Miss have caused the annual breakout of hey we were 6-6 but we don't suck bullshit. WSU and So Miss have good records but are shitty teams.

We lost to every decent team we played and a couple shitty ones like Cal and ASU

• Options

That's the joke.

Try to keep up.
    We?
    Yeah, me and the rest of the football team, duh.
    Take classes with Jack H Lockner and then POP OFF!!1!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

The bigger point is that Tommie was leading the Petersen-Sucks-Fire-Him-ASAP crowd after the tough Oregon loss. Then he got louder after Magna Carta had to start the Stanford game, a team that is the best in the Pac-12.

But football, particularly the college game, can be a roller-coaster, especially considering that some key positions had true freshmen and other young guys starting. The old adage of you're never as good as you think you are and you're never as bad as you think you are definitely applied this year.

Again, I think some people would respect Tommie more if he admits he went overboard rather than clinging to the PETERSEN SUCKS!!!1!!@!!!!1!!!11!!!!! life-raft simply because he said it multiple times a few months ago.

As for 2016, UW has a great shot at being a 9 win regular season team next year...maybe even 10 wins if the chips fall right and the team avoids injury which would mean a 6-3 or 7-2 in-conference record which would be the best Pac-10 record since Skippy Neuheisel's 2001 campaign of 6-2.

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

Petersen has done nothing to show he doesn't suck. That Oregon game was horrible starting early when he pussed out and showed Oregon we are still their bitch. Not what he was hired for.

Thanks to the gutless schedule we have 3 wins before the season starts so the only record that matters is conference wins.

6 = 9 and 7=10. That would be progress. 4-5 and 4-5 is worse than Sark. You mean 15 years after we fired Rick to save the program we might match his record?

The thing is when we go 4-5 next year we will hear the same excuses, hate the players, and look forward to our awesome recruits.

It's not like we are on a roller coaster at all. We are caught in a time loop of doom
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2015
    At the same time, Petersen hasn't done anything that is a fireable offense. At risk of losing rehashing the transition from Sarkisian to Petersen and 2014/2015, Petersen essentially had to make it through two building years before having his program ready to compete for the Pac-12 title. Anyone who thought the Huskies would compete for it in 2014 and / or 2015 is simply an idiot.

And if anyone here thinks the Huskies are going 4-5 in conference next year, I'd love to take them up on that bet because a lot would have to go wrong for that to happen...it's important to remember that during two building years when Petersen had to start 5 different QBs, he went 15-12 and the odds are looking good that he'll go 6-3 or better in conference next year if Browning stays healthy.

HFNY said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

Petersen has done nothing to show he doesn't suck. That Oregon game was horrible starting early when he pussed out and showed Oregon we are still their bitch. Not what he was hired for.

Thanks to the gutless schedule we have 3 wins before the season starts so the only record that matters is conference wins.

6 = 9 and 7=10. That would be progress. 4-5 and 4-5 is worse than Sark. You mean 15 years after we fired Rick to save the program we might match his record?

The thing is when we go 4-5 next year we will hear the same excuses, hate the players, and look forward to our awesome recruits.

It's not like we are on a roller coaster at all. We are caught in a time loop of doom
  • Options
    HFNY said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

I said Petersen sucked after we lost to Boise and that he should be fired after losing at home to Cal.

But I don't blame you for forgetting which shitty loss got me started. So many to choose from...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    It just doesn't make sense to overreact to two early season losses in a coach's 2nd year because of LIPO. He went a decent 5-4 the rest of the way with the offense showing growth and winning a bowl game.

More than anything, firing a coach after his 18th game at a school is FS, not only for eating the rest of his 2015 salary but at least 2016 / 2017 (roughly $10 mil - $11 mil?) but also because no future coach in their right mind would want to risk being fired a quarter of the way through his 2nd season at UW.

Now this isn't all to say that Petersen will take UW to the Rose Bowl in 2016 but I think people should start feeling pretty good about the chances of going 6-3 or better in-conference in 2016. UW returns 16 starters (including QB, RB, and 4 of 5 OL) and the only guys we may miss are Feeney and Littleton.

HFNY said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

I said Petersen sucked after we lost to Boise and that he should be fired after losing at home to Cal.

But I don't blame you for forgetting which shitty loss got me started. So many to choose from...
  • Options

HFNY said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

You can't just magically transport yourself out of a time loop of doom. It's hard.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

It just doesn't make sense to overreact to two early season losses in a coach's 2nd year because of LIPO. He went a decent 5-4 the rest of the way with the offense showing growth and winning a bowl game.

More than anything, firing a coach after his 18th game at a school is FS, not only for eating the rest of his 2015 salary but at least 2016 / 2017 (roughly $10 mil - $11 mil?) but also because no future coach in their right mind would want to risk being fired a quarter of the way through his 2nd season at UW.

Now this isn't all to say that Petersen will take UW to the Rose Bowl in 2016 but I think people should start feeling pretty good about the chances of going 6-3 or better in-conference in 2016. UW returns 16 starters (including QB, RB, and 4 of 5 OL) and the only guys we may miss are Feeney and Littleton.

HFNY said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

When you have to bring up the financial burden of firing the coach as a reason to keep him, you have the wrong coach.

Any coach scared away by the firing of the loser before him is a pussy and a loser, so WDWHA. Expectations are not optional.

Now you're calling for 9 wins in the "decisive" year 3 of the Petersen era.

Considering we? should have had that win total in years 1 AND 2, we should just fucking end it now and move on. Incremental progress is for doogs and pool boys.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Good to know you are refuse to back down from wanting Petersen fired barely into his 2nd year as coach.

And firing Petersen after he went 10-8 in his first 18 games while still cleaning up the dumpster fire Sarkisian left is FS. Why can't you admit that?

And since you're digging in, it sounds like you expect Petersen to go 6-6 in the regular season next year because he sucks right?

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

When you have to bring up the financial burden of firing the coach as a reason to keep him, you have the wrong coach.

Any coach scared away by the firing of the loser before him is a pussy and a loser, so WDWHA. Expectations are not optional.

Considering we? should have had that win total in years 1 AND 2, we should just fucking end it now and move on. Incremental progress is for doogs and pool boys.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Good to know you are refuse to back down from wanting Petersen fired barely into his 2nd year as coach.

And firing Petersen after he went 10-8 in his first 18 games while still cleaning up the dumpster fire Sarkisian left is FS. Why can't you admit that?

And since you're digging in, it sounds like you expect Petersen to go 6-6 in the regular season next year because he sucks right?

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

10-8 his first 18 games??? First off, that's awful. But are you seriously bragging about the 6 gimme OOC games? Notice how he lost to the only decent OOC opponent on that list (Boise)? And he has zero quality conference wins to speak of.

Petersen's career highlight at UW is beating Sark hours before he hit rock bottom. Barely.

Truly inspiring stuff that is...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It is kind of odd that some of you have your chest puffed out after 7-6. I can kind of understand the optimism, but still..