Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Questions for fellow TBS'ers

Haven't been all that tuned in (what's new?) for this month so hoping to get some free info on here:

1) Will Kent Love stick with us or flip to USC?

2) Do we really have a shot at Juarez or is he more of a Reuben Foster that we'll lose to 'Bama and great Southern coffee?

3) Who is this OG Hellbus that was committed to Stanford and now we may land him?

4) Any news on the WRs? We need a WR that's at least 6 feet in this class.

5) Any videos to any of them working out with their shirts off? (I kid, I kid).

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    1) Will Kent Love stick with us or flip to USC? flip. Bark 4 sark

2) Do we really have a shot at Juarez or is he more of a Reuben Foster that we'll lose to 'Bama and great Southern coffee? no shot. You don't turn down Saban(god)

3) Who is this OG Hellbus that was committed to Stanford and now we may land him? nope. He'll test the watrers and re-up with 'Furd.

4) Any news on the WRs? We need a WR that's at least 6 feet in this class. no news. Not a bumper crop year for WR.

5) Any videos to any of them working out with their shirts off? (I kid, I kid). no you're not
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    1) Probably stick unless we somehow pull in David Long or Byron Murphy, then he might reconsider.

2) Actually think we have an actual shot here, his parents want him to stay in LA but UW seems to be his clear favorite for schools outside LA based on his twitter.

3) Solid player who wasn't on the radar cause of his Stanford commit, definitely worth adding to the class now that we have an extra slot (thanks Dwayne).

4) McKinley and Crawford are high 4* guys we're after but I don't think we land either. Notre Dame seems a lock for McKinley and Crawford seems to love Michigan. I think our best bet is flipping Chris Taylor-Yamanoha from Louisville when he visits in a couple weeks. He isn't as good as the first 2 but still better than Aaron Fuller by a wide margin, and is 6'2 as well.

5) https://youtu.be/18sqT7P8tDA?t=2m24s
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Haven't been all that tuned in (what's new?) for this month so hoping to get some free info on here:

1) Will Kent Love stick with us or flip to USC? Stick

2) Do we really have a shot at Juarez or is he more of a Reuben Foster that we'll lose to 'Bama and great Southern coffee?
    19%. Sounds like it's us or UCLA. Rashard Lawrence is this year's foster. DT from Louisiana. We may or may not get a UW hat on the table. Free pub!

3) Who is this OG Hellbus that was committed to Stanford and now we may land him? Likely lands at UW. Speculation that a current o lineman will retire, freeing a spot.

4) Any news on the WRs? We need a WR that's at least 6 feet in this class.
    Some hyphen kid. Not getting McKinley.

5) Any videos to any of them working out with their shirts off? (I kid, I kid).

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Kent Love should stick ... USC is a mess in my mind and going there is going on a ship that is treading water whereas we're definitely on the rise. Regardless of whether we get Long or not, you can't have enough guys that can play pass defense with the way football is trending, particularly in the PAC.

I honestly do think that we have a shot at Mique Juarez for a couple of reasons. First, as I mentioned with USC being a bit of a mess defensively, I think similar things with UCLA. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm not convinced that Mora is at UCLA next year. He looked a little checked out during the game against Nebraska and I could see him trying to get into the NFL ... particularly before the luster of his mediocrity becomes painfully obvious at UCLA. I do think that he wants one last shot at proving that his lack of NFL success was a fluke. Second, I think Juarez is the kind of kid that can come in and not only be a legit contributor right away, he seems smart enough to know that if he's going to be in school 3 or 4 years tops, he wants to go to a school that is in a position to be competing at the national level. I know for some on this board, they may not see that out of Washington right now, but it's really right there. I think a kid like Juarez sees this. I'm going to doog and say that we land him ... but I definitely think it's a far greater shot than probably some others who don't think we can land this type of kid think.

If Stanford wanted a OL, then he's probably pretty good. I don't need to go look at too much tape to figure that out. I'm sure that we'll always be in the market to take a good OL. Perhaps @Dennis_DeYoung can point you in the direction of an OL in this class that we currently have a verbal from that this kid could be a small upgrade over.

I personally think that we need 2 more WRs in this class ... both bigger types. McKinley is probably more of a coin flip between ND and UW at this point. If he heads to ND, he's probably just one of the guys right away. At UW, he may step right in and be one of our better players. This will be a real interesting area to watch over the next month as ditching Pease could pay some fairly significant dividends.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Oh Tommie, there you go again. You know, it's ok to admit you were wrong....better that than being an idiot by sticking to PETERSEN SUCKS!!!!1@!!@1 simply because you said it earlier in the year.

2) Do we really have a shot at Juarez or is he more of a Reuben Foster that we'll lose to 'Bama and great Southern coffee? no shot. You don't turn down Saban(god)

3) Who is this OG Hellbus that was committed to Stanford and now we may land him? nope. He'll test the watrers and re-up with 'Furd.

4) Any news on the WRs? We need a WR that's at least 6 feet in this class. no news. Not a bumper crop year for WR.

5) Any videos to any of them working out with their shirts off? (I kid, I kid). no you're not

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks for that.

I wonder what happened with Steffon McKnight. He was a midrange 4 star at one point but then dropped a star down to 86 and doesn't seem to have scheduled any visits. Grades?
    Tequilla said:

Kent Love should stick ... USC is a mess in my mind and going there is going on a ship that is treading water whereas we're definitely on the rise. Regardless of whether we get Long or not, you can't have enough guys that can play pass defense with the way football is trending, particularly in the PAC.

I honestly do think that we have a shot at Mique Juarez for a couple of reasons. First, as I mentioned with USC being a bit of a mess defensively, I think similar things with UCLA. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm not convinced that Mora is at UCLA next year. He looked a little checked out during the game against Nebraska and I could see him trying to get into the NFL ... particularly before the luster of his mediocrity becomes painfully obvious at UCLA. I do think that he wants one last shot at proving that his lack of NFL success was a fluke. Second, I think Juarez is the kind of kid that can come in and not only be a legit contributor right away, he seems smart enough to know that if he's going to be in school 3 or 4 years tops, he wants to go to a school that is in a position to be competing at the national level. I know for some on this board, they may not see that out of Washington right now, but it's really right there. I think a kid like Juarez sees this. I'm going to doog and say that we land him ... but I definitely think it's a far greater shot than probably some others who don't think we can land this type of kid think.

If Stanford wanted a OL, then he's probably pretty good. I don't need to go look at too much tape to figure that out. I'm sure that we'll always be in the market to take a good OL. Perhaps @Dennis_DeYoung can point you in the direction of an OL in this class that we currently have a verbal from that this kid could be a small upgrade over.

I personally think that we need 2 more WRs in this class ... both bigger types. McKinley is probably more of a coin flip between ND and UW at this point. If he heads to ND, he's probably just one of the guys right away. At UW, he may step right in and be one of our better players. This will be a real interesting area to watch over the next month as ditching Pease could pay some fairly significant dividends.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Thanks for that.

I wonder what happened with Steffon McKnight. He was a midrange 4 star at one point but then dropped a star down to 86 and doesn't seem to have scheduled any visits. Grades?

I was just wondering the same thing. He seemed high profile early in the year and named UW as his favorite... and then kinda fell off the face of the earth. No one has reported anything on him, no visits, twitter isn't giving off clues... could be grades.

He's scrawny as hell and doesn't wow on tape though, so it's not like we're missing out on something great if he doesn't get his shit together.

• Options
    HFNY said:

Oh Tommie, there you go again. You know, it's ok to admit you were wrong....better that than being an idiot by sticking to PETERSEN SUCKS!!!!1@!!@1 simply because you said it earlier in the year.

What was I wrong about???

Petersen DOES suck.

Or did 7-6 give you wood like Sark used to.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

It is amazing how often the old - play a batch of shitty teams at the end of the season - trick works.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,815
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2015

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

It is amazing how often the old - play a batch of shitty teams at the end of the season - trick works.
    Wait, I thought winning games in November was speshul.
  • Options

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

Struggling against Southern Miss for 3+ qtrs is always special.
  • Options

HFNY said:

Petersen DOES suck.

In your valiant attempt to remove bias from the discussion you've also eliminated any context or nuance.

HTH.
    No context or nuance changes an 8-10 conference record.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    Praise Allah this thread saved me $10.95. I'll pay it forward in some way. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Looks like some of you hate facts.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    edited December 2015

So do you based on going 1 outta 5 in your answers to HFNY's questions.
  • Options

So do you based on going 1 outta 5 in your answers to HFNY's questions.
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

I don't know or care about this TBS pedo shit.

That's the joke.

Try to keep up.