Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The script 2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

MisterEm said:

H_D said:

PurpleJ said:

Peterman leads us to a special 10-3 season with a holiday bowl win and we talk about how 2017 will be SPECIAL.

Honestly, that is damn likely. The offseason natty this year will reach unprecedented heights not seen since 2002. Then next year will set a new bar after the 10-3 season in 2016.
    The 2016 offseason natty will be the 1991 Huskies of offseason natty's.
    My money is on the Cuog's offseason natty. Dare I say the "d" word?
    This.

Twitter is full of Cuogar Natty, and Falk4Heisman aspirations. Sven doing wirk as well...
    I was driving yesterday and having deep thoughts about the Coug and their season... The crazy thing is this is legitimately one of their best seasons ever. They've been to 12 fucking bowl games EVER. We've been to six straight bowl games, and we've been shit during that time.... 6 is half of the bowl games they've ever been to. UW has won as many Rose Bowls as they've won any bowls.

So show some respect for the Coug and their legit GREAT season.
    Counterpoint:
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    When our receivers are so bad we're missing mickens "you have no idea the damage Pease did"
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Peterman leads us to a special 10-3 season with a holiday bowl win and we talk about how 2017 will be SPECIAL.

Honestly, that is damn likely. The offseason natty this year will reach unprecedented heights not seen since 2002. Then next year will set a new bar after the 10-3 season in 2016.
    Even fucking Peterman is telling kids 2017 will be special.

It won't be that special if Victor and Jones don't stick around. We still don't have very much depth on D. Without them, we will be starting fucking DJ Beavers and true soph Eifler.

BBK is good, but I didn't see anything this year that makes me think he'll be an All-American (which I saw last year with JoJo, so what the fuck do I know?); And we have absolutely fucking no one at S.

This team is pretty good, but against a seriously athletic shit-tier team we looked like dog shit and were exposed on defense.
    Ross will help because he's a true playmaker and that gives you two wins next season.
    Agree
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

It won't be that special if Victor and Jones don't stick around. We still don't have very much depth on D. Without them, we will be starting fucking DJ Beavers and true soph Eifler.

BBK is good, but I didn't see anything this year that makes me think he'll be an All-American (which I saw last year with JoJo, so what the fuck do I know?); And we have absolutely fucking no one at S.

This team is pretty good, but against a seriously athletic shit-tier team we looked like dog shit and were exposed on defense.
    LB and CB are positions we've recruited really well. If we get Long and Juarez (huge if) then there may not be any drop off if Victor and Jones leave early. Plus the defense has seen guys develop. Bowl games can be an aberration. Not getting any turnovers was also an issue.

I'm more concerned about the offense. WSU, Cal, Oregon, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Arizona, ASU all would have put up 50+ on that defense. We had 3 FG's when we were inside the 5. Granted Perkins and Pettis were out but still. Against WSU we only scored 7 offensive points in the second half despite having 170 yards (not counting final series).

The offense needs to score more efficiently to be a good offense. A good offense scores 55 on that team. And we need to be a "good" offense to have a legit chance to win the north next year.

Ross will help because he's a true playmaker and that gives you two go to type guys next season. But the offense loses its two best receivers (Perkins and Mickens). It desperately needs to see major development out of Pettis, Renfro and Daniels or the emergence of a clear 3rd playmaker. Daniels only caught 1 pass but at least drew 2 penalties.
    You are trying too hard to find warts. Our offense improved quite a bit in the 2nd half of the year. Yardage (484 vs. 351) and points (38 vs 26) were quite a bit better. No doubt we left points on the field, but improvement was obvious. As for a team putting up 50+ on our defense, no team this year was even close to that number. Did we play great defense in the bowl game? Nope. But we completely shut down their running game. Not all bad.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

PurpleJ said:

LB and CB are positions we've recruited really well. If we get Long and Juarez (huge if) then there may not be any drop off if Victor and Jones leave early. Plus the defense has seen guys develop. Bowl games can be an aberration. Not getting any turnovers was also an issue.

I'm more concerned about the offense. WSU, Cal, Oregon, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Arizona, ASU all would have put up 50+ on that defense. We had 3 FG's when we were inside the 5. Granted Perkins and Pettis were out but still. Against WSU we only scored 7 offensive points in the second half despite having 170 yards (not counting final series).

The offense needs to score more efficiently to be a good offense. A good offense scores 55 on that team. And we need to be a "good" offense to have a legit chance to win the north next year.

Ross will help because he's a true playmaker and that gives you two go to type guys next season. But the offense loses its two best receivers (Perkins and Mickens). It desperately needs to see major development out of Pettis, Renfro and Daniels or the emergence of a clear 3rd playmaker. Daniels only caught 1 pass but at least drew 2 penalties.
    You are trying too hard to find warts. Our offense improved quite a bit in the 2nd half of the year. Yardage (484 vs. 351) and points (38 vs 26) were quite a bit better. No doubt we left points on the field, but improvement was obvious. As for a team putting up 50+ on our defense, no team this year was even close to that number. Did we play great defense in the bowl game? Nope. But we completely shut down their running game. Not all bad.
    The 50+ refers to points most pac-12 offenses would have put up on Southern Miss.

Championship teams have few warts, if any. We will continue to improve next season but the question at hand is if this team can win the north and compete for the conference title next season.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We had the ball and the chance to win against Boise, Cal, Utah, Arizona State and something similar vs. Oregon. We were a winning mentality away from winning all those games.

I don't know how we get that, but we're going to need it.

It's called maturity, and it comes partly from the coaches, but mostly from experienced players leading the young pups. The time to make critical, back-breaking, winning plays is on 1st and 2nd down, not 3rd & long. To win 9 or 10, Jake has to hit those long balls & those are entirely on him. I love the kid, but he, as much as anyone, cost us the ASU game. Can't have that from Jake next year, and I suspect we won't, cause he knows it and will bust his ass to correct it.