Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#OurGaskin

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gaskin as a true Frosh is one of the best backs we've had. When he completes his body of work, he will be in the top tier of this year is any indication.

And DW sucks.

Gaskin is a Bishop Sankey-esque runner. Bishop was as good as anyone we've had save for Dillon and maybe Nip.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Gaskin is about as good a Husky back as I can remember.

I hope we can figure out a rotation next year that makes some sense (unlike this year where we keep forcing DW in).

I assume McGrew will play, Coop is probably our second best tailback and DW could be an interesting third down option, but his fumbling scares the shit out of me.

Why do you hate Napoleon?
    You can remember the 90s?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Disagree. There's plenty behind Gaskin. Running back is the easiest position to project, so I don't think it's premature to expect McGrew to immediately factor into the RB depth next year. Kid is an absolute stud. Washington, while he can't make a guy miss to save his life, is still a speedy receiving threat out of the backfield, and is perfectly adequate for a backup running back. Cooper is average, but he's not going to be asked to do anything more than spell Gaskin, McGrew, or Washington a few times per game, if that.

And sure, Dotson and Coleman suck. But who the fuck cares? They're going to be our 5th and 6th string running backs next year.

All of this.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    D Warsh is a plus at blitz pickup and wheel routes but he lacks any vision as a running threat.

If that's your #2 next year.... FYFMFE

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Gaskin is about as good a Husky back as I can remember.

I hope we can figure out a rotation next year that makes some sense (unlike this year where we keep forcing DW in).

I assume McGrew will play, Coop is probably our second best tailback and DW could be an interesting third down option, but his fumbling scares the shit out of me.

Why do you hate Napoleon?
    You can remember the 90s?
    Wikipedia is my source.

Read about some other dude, like Dillon or something. He was special with the patriots.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    The problem with DWarsh is his fumbling. Sure, he's Gorman Thomas on runs, but it's an extra dimension that in his at bats he could score runs for the opponent.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The problem with DWarsh is his fumbling. Sure, he's Gorman Thomas on runs, but it's an extra dimension that in his at bats he could score runs for the opponent.

So what you are saying is that you aren't a fan of him coming up w a runner on 3rd and 1 out?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

So what you are saying is that you aren't a fan of him coming up w a runner on 3rd and 1 out?
    I think what he's saying is he runs like Mays but he hits like shit.