Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

More Nonsense from Feces in Throat Guy

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't care if the players or their parents like Petersen. The jury is out until he wins. I hope Hoss94 and anyone else close to the program shares their thoughts. It makes for a better board, but it's still sizzling bullshit.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I don't care if the players or their parents like Petersen. The jury is out until he wins. I hope Hoss94 and anyone else close to the program shares their thoughts. It makes for a better board, but it's still sizzling bullshit.

It's not bullshit ...

You can't have a high end program whether it is football, business, family, relationships, or whatever if you don't have people pulling in the same direction. You're right in that you don't have to like people to have everyone pulling in the same direction, but you sure as hell don't get that if people aren't respecting someone. As was said often about Lombardi, his players might curse him behind his back, but they'd be damned if someone outside of the circle cursed him.

You can tell from watching Azeem play that he gets it. He's a throwback that would fit right in with the greats from years past. Prior to the Spring Game, my buddy's kid goes around with a helmet from back when our buddy played that he gave him. Azeem (as well as other key members of the defense) saw the old school helmet and all were very impressed and liked what they saw. Things like that don't mean a lot ... but they mean a lot.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

We should get FLAKICKER to post here. He was awesome during the Ty reign of error

He was also a huge doog with Sark. I remember Kim bringing him in for damage control when some of the sheep at dawgman started wondering if we were right about Sark.
    I was gone by then. Didn't know that. A lot of folks here were doogs for Sark to be fair.
    Like you after he beat Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl.
    Low tweak.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2015
    Hoss94 said:

There are a plethora of things that I've seen that has changed my thought process. I will start a thread to address them so EVERYONE can be apprised and see it.

Please don't be schplooge.

[edit] or PurpJ
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We should get FLAKICKER to post here. He was awesome during the Ty reign of error

He was also a huge doog with Sark. I remember Kim bringing him in for damage control when some of the sheep at dawgman started wondering if we were right about Sark.
    I was gone by then. Didn't know that. A lot of folks here were doogs for Sark to be fair.
    Like you after he beat Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl.
    Yes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

don't take it personally Hoss. You have to understand that we've been really fucking frustrated for 15 years with what the people running the program have done to a once national power. we have a lot of sarcasm to spread around, but the truth is we too have heard all the shit before from guys like Emmert, Tawd Turner, Willingham, Sark, Woody, etc... we're just fucking tired of the talk and there is now only one variable that we trust - scoreboard. We're not there yet on paper, so you'll have to allow us to remain skeptical until we see more than we hear.

This. There were likely many parents and players that liked Neu, Gilby, Ty, Sark, etc. I'm sure there were many others that hated them. You can't be a head coach of a big program and please everyone, even for a genuine guy like Petersen.

I think we all get that Petersen has integrity, is genuine, yada, yada. Simplify and fix the fucking offense, stop hiring bums like Jonathon Smith (fire him too), and stop losing every close game. Make better coaching decisions. Get the front running mentality out of the program. Those are the real issues.

For fuck's sake, Victor Aiweya loved Sark. Rick Redman, who has forgotten more abut football than we have ever known, was one of Ty's biggest advocates. Former players thought Gilby got a raw deal at UW. None of it matters.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Look, nobody is harder on Oregon than I am but they have played in the final game twice in 5 years. You keep showing up you're going to win one.

You can win a natty at Oregon or anywhere, quite honestly.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    everything you say is true (except the part that we read you on other boards because most of us had abandoned dogman years ago). glad to hear you're faith b/c that gives me some comfort, but man... are we ever tired about hearing about this mythical future.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I take as much shit as anybody about being an optimistic Doog, but I will be very disappointed next season if we don't win the North. All the pieces are there and we just need to execute.

I also get tons of shit for my inner froog but the parallels to Pete's first 2 years in the PAC vs Gary Patterson's first 2 years in the Big 12 have a number of parallels ... although record wise Pete's done better.

I really do think next year has s chance to be very special ... I'm getting a lot of my buddies from afar saying the same w no ties into the program.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would bet anything we will be better next year. I'm still far from sold we are better than Oregon or Stanford. Imo, it's optimistic to think we are.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I would bet anything we will be better next year. I'm still far from sold we are better than Oregon or Stanford. Imo, it's optimistic to think we are.

I think we(?) might pass Stanford for next season, Oregon is likely still better, especially until we prove we can actually beat them.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Surprised (that I'm surprised) that no one has told @Hoss94 to LEAVE!!11!!! yet.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    rabbit with a gun? I have no idea, man.