Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Season is Over Podcast is Live

13»

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Going into Texas is mostly fucktarded and mostly a waste of time

If you are top tier player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, Alabama, or Baylor over UW every time

If you are a good player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, LSU, Baylor, TCU, Arkansas, or Oklahoma over UW every time

So UW can waste its time fighting for all the TUFF shitty mediocre leftovers against SMU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, UH, North Texas, Tulsa, and Kansas State (and likely lose anyways) that they could just get from California anyways.

Guess there's no need to try

We've recruited Texass and Florida before. I don't get why those places should be off limits.

Because it costs fucking money and time to try that could be spent elsewhere

I dont think you need a TCUMBA to understand that when you have finite resources and time to invest you try to invest in areas which will yield the greatest return.

Fuck all of you for making me CARE and THINK about TBS bullshit.
    This to the moon and back. If for some reason you have a 4/5 star kid stalking YOU to come up here from Texas than go ahead and make a play for him. Otherwise stick to the PNW, Hawaii, Cal, Arizona. 90% of the roster is going to be from these areas so don't go wasting resources and time in an area that's going to yield little to nothing.

At Boise, they had the pick of the little for the top D2 kids so going to Texas would yield results. Going into Texas, we fall into "other" when they ask kids where they want to play football at coming out of H.S.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

If you are top tier player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, Alabama, or Baylor over UW every time

If you are a good player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, LSU, Baylor, TCU, Arkansas, or Oklahoma over UW every time

So UW can waste its time fighting for all the TUFF shitty mediocre leftovers against SMU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, UH, North Texas, Tulsa, and Kansas State (and likely lose anyways) that they could just get from California anyways.

I'd put it in LIPO mode, UCLA came in and grabbed the best RB in DFW last year, Stanford came in and grabbed a 4* from my neighborhood this year. You can't discount that there have been about 400K people a year moving to Texas, and California has been very prominent contributor to that.

Dallas has always been a bit of a territorial border city, with UT, ATM, and OU alums traditionally all mixing. I'm sorry but Baylor and TCU are very hot right now, but are not elite auto-recruiting spots yet. If anything changed with their coaching situations they'd fall off pretty quick.

Hot prediction: I think Baylor's pretty close to crumbling as @ArtBriles continues to demonstrate a ceiling to his abilities, when the winning plateaus or falls off this rape case and other "victory in ruins" type shit will catch up to him, and it will be a shitshow of self-righteous baptist backpedaling.
    UCLA, USC, and Stanford have a completely different recruiting pull nationally than UW

When people hear you are going to "Washington" in Texas they typically respond with, "Oh, D.C. or that one in St. Louis?"

NOGAF about UW in Texas and unless WE??!! are regularly winning the pac12 north its a complete waste of time to try to recruit out of Texas without Texas sized gallon bucket coffee cups from Shipleys do-nuts.

If UWs plan to recruit Texas relies on TCU and Baylor crumbling and no one in the region replacing them UW is going to have a bad time.

This sums it up perfectly.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Re: Eason

And to think I'm the one accused of being a Doog

Just saying
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Tequilla said:

Just saying

You predicted were going to get Juarez right? Thats more doog than Eason.

Eason reconsidered Georgia, visited UW, was only considering two other schools and very well could have changed his mind to go with the home school.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Tequilla said:

Just saying

Eason reconsidered Georgia, visited UW, was only considering two other schools and very well could have changed his mind to go with the home school.
    There was no freaking chance that he was going to end up at UW.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    edited December 2015

Tequilla said:

Just saying

There was no freaking chance that he was going to end up at UW.
    I'm more surprised he didn't pick Florida. UGA with Kirby is going to suck like the vacuum he's named after. Florida is like a better version of UW, very good defense, shitty offense with similar QB problems. Eason starts there day one with a great chance to guide them to another SEC title game and is rolling in some of Florida's finest poon.

Edit: Great job on the podcast guys, really enjoyed it
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2015
    Tequilla said:

Just saying

Most of us are doogs at heart. However, you are on another level. It has nothing to do with Eason.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    edited December 2015

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Guess there's no need to try

We've recruited Texass and Florida before. I don't get why those places should be off limits.

Because it costs fucking money and time to try that could be spent elsewhere

I dont think you need a TCUMBA to understand that when you have finite resources and time to invest you try to invest in areas which will yield the greatest return.

Fuck all of you for making me CARE and THINK about TBS bullshit.
    I'm not saying you sink 20% of the budget into Texas. You don't totally ignore it either and just throw your hands up, especially with a bowl game there. Oregon has gotten kids from there. Nebraska used to get a lot of kids from Florida, Louisiana etc. A lot of teams tap the South and Southwest.

If things improve and Warshington gets back in the national spotlight, more kids there will be interested.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Just saying

Most of us are doogs at heart. However, you are on another level. It has nothing to do with Eason.
    Sounds like a good excuse to put together a top 5 doogliest things I've said this year list
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Awesome intro. Awesome music through the whole thing. Really enjoyed it.

Can DDY add lump of poo to his recruit rating scale?

Fuck Texas, we never got anything out of it, there is too much competition there, just a waste and with Pease and Choate gone that experiment is dead.

@LoneStarDawg- In regards to demographic trends, Arizona is also a state with a rising population. Seems that in recent years the state has produced better and better prospects. Those kids have always, for the most part gone out of state. USC was killing it there 10 years ago, Oregon recently and now Texas A&M. We havent gotten anyone from there yet (we may get Byron Murphy) but it appears that we've made progress the past few years. Put together back to back 10+ win seasons and I think we could pull in at least 1 or 2 high rated guys from there per class. Whatever we were spending on Texas, consider spending it in Arizona.

We are doing very well in state but with more winning on the field will be able to get everyone including guys like Sarrell, Eason and Kongbo. That will help our recruiting.

Focus on in-state, Cali, Hawaii and Arizona.

Fuck we were doing better in AZ when it was tuff guy Cozz's territory. There is something wrong with that.