Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Season is Over Podcast is Live

Comments

• UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    edited December 2015
    the sound is dialed in!
    shit that should have been an edit
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Where was all the hot bowl travel tips from DFW superiority guy?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

You think we would forget about that?

There may be a little something up our sleeves on that one
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited December 2015
    Going into Texas is mostly fucktarded and mostly a waste of time

If you are top tier player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, Alabama, or Baylor over UW every time

If you are a good player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, LSU, Baylor, TCU, Arkansas, or Oklahoma over UW every time

So UW can waste its time fighting for all the TUFF shitty mediocre leftovers against SMU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, UH, North Texas, Tulsa, and Kansas State (and likely lose anyways) that they could just get from California anyways.
    Tequilla said:

hurry up and do it, so i can tell you you're wrong
    Houhusky said:

If you are top tier player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, Alabama, or Baylor over UW every time

If you are a good player from Texas you are going to UT, TAMU, LSU, Baylor, TCU, Arkansas, or Oklahoma over UW every time

So UW can waste its time fighting for all the TUFF shitty mediocre leftovers against SMU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, UH, North Texas, Tulsa, and Kansas State (and likely lose anyways) that they could just get from California anyways.

I'd put it in LIPO mode, UCLA came in and grabbed the best RB in DFW last year, Stanford came in and grabbed a 4* from my neighborhood this year. You can't discount that there have been about 400K people a year moving to Texas, and California has been very prominent contributor to that.

Dallas has always been a bit of a territorial border city, with UT, ATM, and OU alums traditionally all mixing. I'm sorry but Baylor and TCU are very hot right now, but are not elite auto-recruiting spots yet. If anything changed with their coaching situations they'd fall off pretty quick.

Hot prediction: I think Baylor's pretty close to crumbling as @ArtBriles continues to demonstrate a ceiling to his abilities, when the winning plateaus or falls off this rape case and other "victory in ruins" type shit will catch up to him, and it will be a shitshow of self-righteous baptist backpedaling.

Houhusky said:

I'd put it in LIPO mode, UCLA came in and grabbed the best RB in DFW last year, Stanford came in and grabbed a 4* from my neighborhood this year. You can't discount that there have been about 400K people a year moving to Texas, and California has been very prominent contributor to that.

Dallas has always been a bit of a territorial border city, with UT, ATM, and OU alums traditionally all mixing. I'm sorry but Baylor and TCU are very hot right now, but are not elite auto-recruiting spots yet. If anything changed with their coaching situations they'd fall off pretty quick.

Hot prediction: I think Baylor's pretty close to crumbling as @ArtBriles continues to demonstrate a ceiling to his abilities, when the winning plateaus or falls off this rape case and other "victory in ruins" type shit will catch up to him, and it will be a shitshow of self-righteous baptist backpedaling.
    UCLA, USC, and Stanford have a completely different recruiting pull nationally than UW

When people hear you are going to "Washington" in Texas they typically respond with, "Oh, D.C. or that one in St. Louis?"

NOGAF about UW in Texas and unless WE??!! are regularly winning the pac12 north its a complete waste of time to try to recruit out of Texas without Texas sized gallon bucket coffee cups from Shipleys do-nuts.

If UWs plan to recruit Texas relies on TCU and Baylor crumbling and no one in the region replacing them UW is going to have a bad time.

All i'm saying is nobody owns Dallas right now and the population landscape is drastically shifting
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

All i'm saying is nobody owns Dallas right now and the population landscape is drastically shifting

ISAFNRC
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    As was mentioned on our awesome pod, going into Texas is completely FS. The end.

Any energy expended there is wasted.

We could've gotten Rice and Fuller out of CA.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Guess there's no need to try

We've recruited Texass and Florida before. I don't get why those places should be off limits.

edited December 2015

Houhusky said:

Guess there's no need to try

We've recruited Texass and Florida before. I don't get why those places should be off limits.

Because it costs fucking money and time to try that could be spent elsewhere

I dont think you need a TCUMBA to understand that when you have finite resources and time to invest you try to invest in areas which will yield the greatest return.

Fuck all of you for making me CARE and THINK about TBS bullshit.
    edited December 2015

Tequilla said:

hurry up and do it, so i can tell you you're wrong
    It's already done ... along with some other very special segments that rumor has will be distributed as part of our very special Holiday podcast from our miserable and pathetic lives to try to help brighten yours.

And before you try to tell me that I'm wrong, just remember that I'm probably right about 81% of the time. If you need further proof of that, go back and re-listen to the TBS prediction page of who will be heading to the UW ... two people predicted Skinny Eason ... one didn't ... that one person is $40 richer ... #TCUMBASuperiorityGuy is just saying ...
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Awesome intro. Awesome music through the whole thing. Really enjoyed it.

Can DDY add lump of poo to his recruit rating scale?

Fuck Texas, we never got anything out of it, there is too much competition there, just a waste and with Pease and Choate gone that experiment is dead.

@LoneStarDawg- In regards to demographic trends, Arizona is also a state with a rising population. Seems that in recent years the state has produced better and better prospects. Those kids have always, for the most part gone out of state. USC was killing it there 10 years ago, Oregon recently and now Texas A&M. We havent gotten anyone from there yet (we may get Byron Murphy) but it appears that we've made progress the past few years. Put together back to back 10+ win seasons and I think we could pull in at least 1 or 2 high rated guys from there per class. Whatever we were spending on Texas, consider spending it in Arizona.

We are doing very well in state but with more winning on the field will be able to get everyone including guys like Sarrell, Eason and Kongbo. That will help our recruiting.

Focus on in-state, Cali, Hawaii and Arizona.
    I like the idea of going to Arizona.

The moral to me is that in-state, California, Hawaii, to a lesser extent other PNW locations whether it be Oregon, BC, Idaho, etc. are the areas where we should be getting 90%+ of our class.

You do have to do your due diligence in locations like Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Utah, etc. to see if there are guys that you can pull out that are difference makers.

But everybody is right though that if we're wasting too much time and energy in spots where our returns are low, then there's a good chance we're missing on multiple fronts.