Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Sirmon, 2018 QB, Bothell, WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I can't get excited about any high school QB that throws 6 INT's in one game.

Tells me that he's got skills and is in the process of learning how to use them.

Also experience tells me that you learn the most from the mistakes that you make.

I seem to also remember that being a criticism at times of Josh Rosen while he was in HS as well ... he seemed to do ok as a true frosh this year at UCLA.
    How does throwing 6 picks in a game equate to learning how to use skills?
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I've yet to read an in depth analysis of his hips...
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tells me that he's got skills and is in the process of learning how to use them.

Also experience tells me that you learn the most from the mistakes that you make.

I seem to also remember that being a criticism at times of Josh Rosen while he was in HS as well ... he seemed to do ok as a true frosh this year at UCLA.
    shut up
    I know that Petersen once again killing it in recruiting combined with making coaching changes (like Pease) really go against your negative nancy narrative about Petersen bombing out here ...

But if you think that HS stats fucking matter, then you should probably sit the rest of this out.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Learn from your mistakes

Realize that you can't just rely on your talent to make plays and that there's more to playing QB than proving that you have a cannon and using it
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AZDuck said:

Terrible editing.

Look at the cheerleader to the left of the one that gets hit before and after the cut. Hands are together in front of her boobs. Next second, they're up in the air.

Fuck movies.
    Sounds like you care.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bothell beats PLU 5/6. Simple fact.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Meh, I'm not freaking out over his stat line but it's major pressing to say that the 6 picks tells you something positive about him.

He might learn from the mistakes, he might not. EWIWBI.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    doogville said:

Tequilla said:

Taking anything from a single game is ridiculous (especially for a guy who lauds advanced stats).

The quarterback we are expecting to take us to rose bowls threw 3 picks back to back against ASU.

I guess he sucks.
    What was ridiculous was Tequilla's inference that throwing 6 picks in a game tells him that the QB has skills and is in the process of learning how to use them. That makes no sense at all regardless of how you feel about the commit which I think is good news.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2015

AZDuck said:

Terrible editing.

Look at the cheerleader to the left of the one that gets hit before and after the cut. Hands are together in front of her boobs. Next second, they're up in the air.

Fuck movies.
    Blondies head moves just before the ball hits her.
  • Options
    Lots of kids in HS, particularly sophomores, when you make mistakes start freezing and it all becomes mental about not making more mistakes.

If you are throwing 6 picks in a game, you either really suck (which he doesn't) or you continue to have confidence in your abilities. Everybody has a shitty game at some point.

What I was really trying to get at was that long term, having a game where you learn some hard lessons isn't a bad thing ... particularly for a HS kid. It's hard to tell a kid that his shit doesn't stink when he's having success against mediocre or whatever competition. It's another thing when he's facing some decent competition and struggles. Ultimately, it's those games were a player fails where you learn about what's inside the kid and how much he'll grow going forward.

Having an opinion about how such a game can be good for a kid in the long run is far less FS than those that are critical about a kid because he threw 6 INTs in a HS game. That's one of the most FS things I've read on this board in a long time.