Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NPR NEWS: Millennials Want To Send Troops To Fight ISIS, But Don't Want To Serve

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
edited December 2015 in Tug Tavern
NPR NEWS: WASHINGTON, DC
"In the wake of the Paris attacks, a majority of young Americans support sending U.S. ground troops to fight ISIS, according to a wide-ranging new poll from the Harvard Institute of Politics.

In this most recent survey, 60 percent of the 18- to 29-year-olds polled say they support committing U.S. combat troops to fight ISIS. But an almost equal number (62 percent) say they wouldn't fight, even if the U.S. needed additional troops."
npr.org/2015/12/10/459111960/millennials-want-to-send-troops-to-fight-isis-but-not-serve

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,077 Founders Club
    I'd take a bullet for my country. What about you?
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    I'm technically considered a millenial because I was born in '83 but have nothing in common with someone born in '99. d2d, I more often than not agree with your posts, and many general qualities of millenials piss me off, not wanting to fight towel heads in ______insert name here-istan is natural. Yeah, everybody wants ISIS to go away. But I don't wouldn't want my kid being sent off in another meaningless war if we're going to fight it traditionally (neutered) and they're willing to blow their infant to smitherines to kill 1 American.

Especially when these so-called "ISIS" members were called "al Qaeda" 3-4 years ago and our government basically gave them all their weapons and supplies to topple soft-dictators, which anyone with an IQ higher than Grinholes would create huge power vacuums in the middle east. And countries that were once soft dictatorships that at least kept the peace and held both sides at bay (Iraq, Syria, Libya), we had to come in and create a gaping crater bigger than Hope Solo's twat after a night of being passed around by J-Steve and his 'boys, that would allow radical Muslims to fill power vacuums. So not only did we create the fucking mess, the people we are fighting basically live in the stone age. And we decided to arm them with modern, sophisticated weapons. If we were to call them "al qaeda", nobody would be able to spin that. So Obubba met with some marketing analysts (most likely the main stream media cabinet of the administration) and decided to re-brand them as "freedom fighters". Now it's "oh no, where did all these ISIS members come from? And they have all these weapons. we need to go in and bomb them." Well no shit, Sherlock. We're the ones who created, funded and armed them. But the average person doesn't know that. They're just taught to chant "USA! USA! USA!" at the local WWF event and on veterans' day, and say "ISIS, bad".

Whether Obubba and his globalist buddies did this to further the military-industrial complex, I can't say for sure. But I don't believe Mr. Soetoro is that FS.

So...d2d. If not wanting to die for a bullshit cause in the name of a country that created this fucking mess is called a pussy, what do you call someone braindead enough to sign up to be killed by a high-powered rifle that the country you're "fighting" for gave your killer just a few years ago when he was just a "freedom fighter"?
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,061

I support more drones.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,061

priapism said:

I support more drones.

Let the millennials fly the drones from their moms basements. Make every kill shot worth a principal payment on the *pilot's* student loan balance.

It's not three yards and a cloud of dust any more. Millenials want to run the Air Raid offense today and go for it on 4th downs.
    Those student loan pilots sound pretty expensive...
    My 10 year old nephew would make a kick-ass drone pilot. He's really good at those shooter video games. He might even work for free if the drone interface looks cool.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,721 Standard Supporter

priapism said:

I support more drones.

Let the millennials fly the drones from their moms basements. Make every kill shot worth a principal payment on the *pilot's* student loan balance.

It's not three yards and a cloud of dust any more. Millenials want to run the Air Raid offense today and go for it on 4th downs.
    Agreed. The millennials are the tanned, rested and ready to put their gamer skills to work.

To put it in perspective, check out military production during WWII. Put in the same amount of effort making drones and robots. HOLY SHIT! USA! USA! USA!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

priapism said:

I support more drones.

Agreed. The millennials are the tanned, rested and ready to put their gamer skills to work.

To put it in perspective, check out military production during WWII. Put in the same amount of effort making drones and robots. HOLY SHIT! USA! USA! USA!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II
    You do realize the country was essentially a full communism during WWII, right? With businesses being told what to manufacture.

HTH
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    You don't know history, either?
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Sounds like draft2dodge has something in common with hipster millennial douchebags...
  • WeAreAFatLesboSchoolWeAreAFatLesboSchool Guest Posts: 736
    edited December 2015
    PurpleJ said:

I'd take a bullet for my country. What about you?

No
  • WeAreAFatLesboSchoolWeAreAFatLesboSchool Guest Posts: 736
    edited December 2015

I'm technically considered a millenial because I was born in '83 but have nothing in common with someone born in '99. d2d, I more often than not agree with your posts, and many general qualities of millenials piss me off, not wanting to fight towel heads in ______insert name here-istan is natural. Yeah, everybody wants ISIS to go away. But I don't wouldn't want my kid being sent off in another meaningless war if we're going to fight it traditionally (neutered) and they're willing to blow their infant to smitherines to kill 1 American.

Especially when these so-called "ISIS" members were called "al Qaeda" 3-4 years ago and our government basically gave them all their weapons and supplies to topple soft-dictators, which anyone with an IQ higher than Grinholes would create huge power vacuums in the middle east. And countries that were once soft dictatorships that at least kept the peace and held both sides at bay (Iraq, Syria, Libya), we had to come in and create a gaping crater bigger than Hope Solo's twat after a night of being passed around by J-Steve and his 'boys, that would allow radical Muslims to fill power vacuums. So not only did we create the fucking mess, the people we are fighting basically live in the stone age. And we decided to arm them with modern, sophisticated weapons. If we were to call them "al qaeda", nobody would be able to spin that. So Obubba met with some marketing analysts (most likely the main stream media cabinet of the administration) and decided to re-brand them as "freedom fighters". Now it's "oh no, where did all these ISIS members come from? And they have all these weapons. we need to go in and bomb them." Well no shit, Sherlock. We're the ones who created, funded and armed them. But the average person doesn't know that. They're just taught to chant "USA! USA! USA!" at the local WWF event and on veterans' day, and say "ISIS, bad".

Whether Obubba and his globalist buddies did this to further the military-industrial complex, I can't say for sure. But I don't believe Mr. Soetoro is that FS.

So...d2d. If not wanting to die for a bullshit cause in the name of a country that created this fucking mess is called a pussy, what do you call someone braindead enough to sign up to be killed by a high-powered rifle that the country you're "fighting" for gave your killer just a few years ago when he was just a "freedom fighter"?

Hey tequila - can you break that wall of words down into 5 bullets points? I'm a busy guy.
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    edited December 2015
    Hey, I said nuke the bastards years ago and now Putin agrees with me. Clinton, Bush/Cheney, and Obubba removed all our tactical nuke 155mm Howitzers (SP) out of Eastern Europe and completely retired the nuke capable 8 Inch Howitzer (SP), M110. Putin didn't and now he's moved his all tactical nuke artillery down there.

I read an article in the Jerusalem Post about this, and the Israelis now think that Putin's a much better friend than Obubba. Hey, if the Libtards and American Jews (Dems) won't stand up against the rag heads, what choice do they have?

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Didn't some dude named Nicco on Da Vinci's Demons TV show say that? Didn't he also write a best selling book about how to get your ass out of messes like this?

I strongly recommend the Hipster Douche Bags in here read it. I agree 100% with what LesboSchool said. This new tactic of kicking ass and leaving, making a giant leadership vacuum, is completely fucked. Johnson, Nixon pulled that stunt in Viet Nam. (By the way, it's two words. Ask anybody who was born there.) How have we won every battle in Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan and we're 0-3 in the wars? Didn't the Huskies try that this year and it didn't work in football either?

I'm going to have another drink now. I'll leave you with my favorite gif. Goldwater wanted to use these in Viet Nam. We could have saved a lot of American lives since 1964 if he had.

• d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

I agree...

d2d said:

I agree...

It's achieving everything it is designed to accomplish.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I support the troops but am against war.
    Death, the person who wants to launch nukes from a ground based launcher. Did you ever stop and think why they might not have ever launched one?

Brilliant plan there Skippy.
    Why don't you tell us. You can pretend to be a military weapons expert and give the board a good chuckle

Why don't you tell us. You can pretend to be a military weapons expert and give the board a good chuckle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fallout

Are you really that fucktarded?