Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sydney MF Jones

2»

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    dnc said:

We? have endured some shitty corner play in the late 90s & most of the 2000s. It's nice to see quality play from good cover corners.

Back when I still thought UW cared about winning I had nightmares of Major Applewhite skullfucking Chris Massey for months after the Holiday Bowel.
    Q Richardson is up there for me. Don't know which I hated more: Him trailing the wr by two yards, or Q not having any clue where the ball was, so much so it could have hit him in the head and he'd had never known it.

I love watching S MF Jones play on the island vs. a wr and on the deep ball he is stride for stride and inside the wr, giving him the best chance to catch it.

Congrats to him.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

On a serious note, I fucking love Jones, and I'm not sure he's the best corner on the team next year.

Better set of corners, 2016 Jones and King or 2012 Trufant and Peters?

King was a better corner to Me, maybe because they decided to go away from MF Jones, but I loved King's physical play, and coverage 1 on 1. Next year King will be a beast.
    King had the top pass breakup percentage in the Pac. He was no worse than a 2nd teamer, probably should have been 1st team.

Washington will have the best secondary in the nation next year. Need to find a thumper at SS to be truly all-time elite, but I wouldn't trade them for any other unit.

Will the pass rush step up in Feeney's absence is the big ?

My gut says they will with this coaching staff...sweatpants stretching
    Taylor Rapp....
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    dnc said:

On a serious note, I fucking love Jones, and I'm not sure he's the best corner on the team next year.

2016. For the first time in 20+ years UW will have class balance. In '16, SMF will be a Jr and King a Sr with Gardenhire a Jr, Baker a Jr, and Jojo a So.

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

godawgst said:

dnc said:

We? have endured some shitty corner play in the late 90s & most of the 2000s. It's nice to see quality play from good cover corners.

Back when I still thought UW cared about winning I had nightmares of Major Applewhite skullfucking Chris Massey for months after the Holiday Bowel.
    Q Richardson is up there for me. Don't know which I hated more: Him trailing the wr by two yards, or Q not having any clue where the ball was, so much so it could have hit him in the head and he'd had never known it.

I love watching S MF Jones play on the island vs. a wr and on the deep ball he is stride for stride and inside the wr, giving him the best chance to catch it.

Congrats to him.
    Q Richardson, pride of the Irish.

Hi @CokeGreaterThanPepsi!
    We don't claim him
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Doogles said:

dnc said:

King was a better corner to Me, maybe because they decided to go away from MF Jones, but I loved King's physical play, and coverage 1 on 1. Next year King will be a beast.
    King had the top pass breakup percentage in the Pac. He was no worse than a 2nd teamer, probably should have been 1st team.

Washington will have the best secondary in the nation next year. Need to find a thumper at SS to be truly all-time elite, but I wouldn't trade them for any other unit.

Will the pass rush step up in Feeney's absence is the big ?

My gut says they will with this coaching staff...sweatpants stretching
    Taylor Rapp....
    Coker WSFR, YK
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Jimmy Lake deserves some credit, too.

He's the 2nd best position coach on the team, though you could make a reasonable argument he should be 1st.

Damaged goods, I'm hearing
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,727 Founders Club