Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Apple Cup GIFts, Q3

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Brownsocks INT

Not a great decision and the ball placement could have been better ... but notice that Mickens was flat footed waiting for the ball to come to him while the Coug drove on the football and essentially took it away from the pedestrian Mickens.

Good teaching moment for Browning ... but fuck, help the QB out.
  • Options

REAL Jake

Could he be any more old, rich, white, and Ferndale?
  • Options

Mickens also ran the interceptor down and was pretty far behind to begin with.

Given that he owns a sizable % of the INT, he better be running it down
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Brownsocks INT

Not a great decision and the ball placement could have been better ... but notice that Mickens was flat footed waiting for the ball to come to him while the Coug drove on the football and essentially took it away from the pedestrian Mickens.

thought the same thing when I saw it live.

shit throw, shit decision, but so shitty for UW's 2nd best WR in the history of the school to not work back to the ball

I forget which game, but Mickens also had a shitty effort on another INT a few weeks ago where he let the CB muscle him out of the way and it was picked.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Brownsocks INT

shit throw, shit decision, but so shitty for UW's 2nd best WR in the history of the school to not work back to the ball

I forget which game, but Mickens also had a shitty effort on another INT a few weeks ago where he let the CB muscle him out of the way and it was picked.
    For those that wonder why this team is 6-6, it's because of these kinds of things.

The difference between elite teams and very good teams ... very good teams to good teams ... etc. are very small nuances of the game and very strong attention to detail.

Coaches can determine who is on the field and what gets communicated in the film room. I'd be shocked if this play wasn't an example of what not to do as a WR. But at the same time, players need to understand the importance of these things and execute accordingly.

When you look at the defense, you have a lot of guys that have bought into doing things the right way. When you look at the offense, it's more hit and miss with some of the more experienced guys being Sark guys that didn't give a shit about that. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi made a great observation about a guy like Coleman Shelton running his ass down trying to make a tackle on the INT (there was another OL as well that was busting his ass as well on the play). These are the kinds of plays that win you football games.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Brownsocks INT

For those that wonder why this team is 6-6, it's because of poor coaching, execution and play calling on the offensive side of the ball these kinds of things.

The difference between elite teams and very good teams ... very good teams to good teams ... etc. are very small nuances of the game and very strong attention to detail.

Coaches can determine who is on the field and what gets communicated in the film room. I'd be shocked if this play wasn't an example of what not to do as a WR. But at the same time, players need to understand the importance of these things and execute accordingly.

When you look at the defense, you have a lot of guys that have bought into doing things the right way. When you look at the offense, it's more hit and miss with some of the more experienced guys being Sark guys that didn't give a shit about that. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi made a great observation about a guy like Coleman Shelton running his ass down trying to make a tackle on the INT (there was another OL as well that was busting his ass as well on the play). These are the kinds of plays that win you football games.

While I mostly agree with you I just didnt want for my position to be misconstrued

I give Pete credit for the offense and defense, but he is damn lucky the defense pretty much played up to their max potential all year. The 3rd best defense in the fucking nation is really amazing.

Peteys seat would be flaming more than Chip Kelley in San Francisco if the defense hadn't blown everyone's expectations out of the water and UW would have likely finished below 4.5 wins for the season if not for the defense.
  • Options
    I get what you are saying there ... but at the same time, you could argue that the offense's inability to even get a bounce to go their way in close games is also an outlier.

The defense probably played at about 90% of their potential this year ... I'm not sure that I saw them being 3rd in the nation defensively. But I'm pretty sure before the season started that I took a lot of shit for saying that they'd be a Top 3 defense in the conference.

The play calling got better as the year went on ... the execution so so.
  • Options
    All of the above ... abundance
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mickens also ran the interceptor down and was pretty far behind to begin with.

If he ran like that on the 40 harder he scores a TD
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gaskin again

This is the same counter look they gave the Cougs on #myChico's TD run in the first quarter.

The other reverse to #myChico out of the WildGaskin has a different formation but still gives the same look with Shelton pulling from right guard.

I'll give Smiff credit for finding a run play that works. He goes back to it often and then uses some variations of it to get some big plays. Now if he could only fix 81% of the rest of the offense.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

REAL Jake

Good thing they're showing his record against WSU and not his overall record.
    hahahaha

7 minutes
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You'd think fans wouldn't get fooled anymore by Beaver and coog games

But they do

You mean like the Oregon St game?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015

You'd think fans wouldn't get fooled anymore by Beaver and coog games

But they do

Might as well throw the Wildcats in there too. Whether Nick Foles throws a pick 6 off someones foot or Craig Chambers catches a 75 yard hail mary from Stanback or we just straight up skullfuck them, playing Zona always gives false hope.

Hell even last year they were the mighty south champs and we played by far our best game and it took terrible refs, cyler dropped snaps, and a cooper fumble when we should have been in the victory formation to lose on a last second field goal that was actually missed before the first time out ice attempt.

Essentially, we had to completely shit our pants in every way possible to lose on a miracle against their first BCS bowl team on the road.

They love to lose to us. Beat Oregon, UCLA, ASU consistently and then i'll believe.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW needs to beat Stanford and Oregon. Win the Pac 12. I'm happy they played well and destroyed the Beavs and the Cougs, but I still am doubtful we are going to win the North.
  • Options

UW needs to beat Stanford and Oregon. Win the Pac 12. I'm happy they played well and destroyed the Beavs and the Cougs, but I still am doubtful we are going to win the North.

That's letting past performance that has no bearing on future prospects cloud your judgement