Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Realistically, is there any chance that Smith gets fired this year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

HuskyInAZ said:

First half of the season was horrific on offense, no question. But I don't really GAF what happened a couple of months ago, as we all knew the offense was historically young and would have issues. The 2nd half of the season, however, here's the offensive numbers...

AZ - 468 yards, 49 points, +4 turnovers
    Utah - 381 yards, 23 points, -1 turnovers + Durkee botched punt
    ASU - 547 yards, 17 points, -4 turnovers
    OSU - 482 yards, 52 points, +2 turnovers
    WSU - 443 yards, 45 points, +6 turnovers

Yards from scrimmage is not the issue. We outgained every opponent. An average of 464 yards/game. Extrapolate over 12 games, it would be #27 in the country. Not great, but decent.

Moral of the facts? If we win the turnover battle, we win the game. And it's FS to pin turnovers on coaching.

We were way to slow to ditch the wild Swede, and playcalling has been too cute for my pallet, but the offensive production in the past 5 weeks has been pretty darn good, other the turnovers in a couple of games.

Long story short, fire Peterman and Babushka.

21 of the 45 were scored by the D in the Apple cup. I can't even remember about the rest of those games but the D has scored a ton this season.

Not to mention putting the O in position to score 6 but only getting 3.

Youth is not an excuse for horrendous 2 minute drills in terms of pace. Smith hasn't been able to instill any urgency into the plan and play calling for 2 years and UW has lost all those games with enough on the field to win because of coaching blunders.

Smith gots to go.
    If your aunt had balls.....

I'm sure WSU would have shut down UW's offense had the score not been 45-10. @Jesus_H_Christ.

You pick 1 game out of the last 5 to drill down on, but I'm not sure why you picked a game where our team, offense, defense, special teams (sort of) dominated. Then you go back and recite history for your rationale. If you can't see the improvement on offense in the past 5 games, you clearly have an agenda.

Read my fucking post. We win the turnover battle, we win. We lose the turnover battle, we lose. And how are turnovers on the coaching staff?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Care to dispute anything I posted?

Fire Peterman, Fire Smith !!!!!!
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Judging by the way the offense has matured do you think he should be fired.

I told you gals that as Browning matured, the oline gathered reps and experience, gaskin got hit a few times, Smith would open up playbook. What do you know, he has...and the offense is scoring big points, against good teams.

I stressed patience, from their 1st snap of season. Peter hired JSmith for a reason. You're starting to see the reasons why. Boise st. Was built on coaching continuity. Changing coordinators every year solves nothing, you squeaks need to understand that.

Pr a y Eason straightens out his relation with Smith.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2015

HuskyInAZ said:

First half of the season was horrific on offense, no question. But I don't really GAF what happened a couple of months ago, as we all knew the offense was historically young and would have issues. The 2nd half of the season, however, here's the offensive numbers...

Yards from scrimmage is not the issue. We outgained every opponent. An average of 464 yards/game. Extrapolate over 12 games, it would be #27 in the country. Not great, but decent.

Moral of the facts? If we win the turnover battle, we win the game. And it's FS to pin turnovers on coaching.

We were way to slow to ditch the wild Swede, and playcalling has been too cute for my pallet, but the offensive production in the past 5 weeks has been pretty darn good, other the turnovers in a couple of games.

You stupid fuck, they scored 24 against the Coogs.
    Sydney and Victor's pick 6's may have been thrown by Bender, but they were set up by J Smiff's playcalling.

Even @GrandpaSankey sees it.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Doogles said:

HuskyInAZ said:

21 of the 45 were scored by the D in the Apple cup. I can't even remember about the rest of those games but the D has scored a ton this season.

Not to mention putting the O in position to score 6 but only getting 3.

Youth is not an excuse for horrendous 2 minute drills in terms of pace. Smith hasn't been able to instill any urgency into the plan and play calling for 2 years and UW has lost all those games with enough on the field to win because of coaching blunders.

Smith gots to go.
    If your aunt had balls.....

I'm sure WSU would have shut down UW's offense had the score not been 45-10. @Jesus_H_Christ.

You pick 1 game out of the last 5 to drill down on, but I'm not sure why you picked a game where our team, offense, defense, special teams (sort of) dominated. Then you go back and recite history for your rationale. If you can't see the improvement on offense in the past 5 games, you clearly have an agenda.

Read my fucking post. We win the turnover battle, we win. We lose the turnover battle, we lose. And how are turnovers on the coaching staff?
    It wasn't about beating the Cougs by a margin. You threw out a bunch of offensive stats and were misleading when saying the O scored 45 against the Cougs.

How many come from behind opportunities have we succeeded at in the past two years?
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

From Jood: Two-year contracts for UW’s assistant coaches expire at the end of January, and Petersen said “we’re making progress” on new deals for the assistants.

He was asked if he expects any changes to his staff. “No,” he said, adding: “We evaluate everything at the end of the season and go from there.”

WE? ARE SO FUCKED

Does anyone ever have the balls to just ask CP....."with the inefficiency of the offense, and it rating at the bottom of the pac12 all season is it time to look in a different direction?"

I would just like to see someone from seattle actually have a pair to ask real questions even if we know he'll likely get the boiler plate response.
    or can any of the pussified media at the very least ask who is controlling the play calling? Hell, Peterman could make Smiff the QB coach tomorrow and it might change nothing for all we know if he is the one calling all the shots on offense.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Either petersen or smith brought purple shower curtains to a football game. Both need to be fired for that alone.