Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

That other football team in town...

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I'm going to beat a very dead horse (Smith).

BevellFS sucks donkey balls, but they handed the ball off to a rookie running back 30 times for 209 yards. Rawls likes and seeks contact and he did fine. No, he cannot and should not do that every week. But, you can't tell me that Gaskin couldn't get 25-ish carries per game, especially since he is a patient runner and doesn't get himself beat-up like Rawls.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Smith & Petersen more...

Comments

• Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I'm surprised you're surprised.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Obligatory...

Listen 332, just because you were a little nerdy dude who cant get pussy, dont rail on kids having fun, going to gameday. There are chicks that get drunk and go to those, of course you wouldnt know because youre too cool to go to one.

Youre surely an ugly little zitface kid who makes fun of the cool kids at gameday, then sits home in your dorm, while the kids who went to gameday and the game, follow the party to their respective fraternities and lay the weenie to the wee hours of the morn. You on the other hand just unfoldo your stiff sock for a snugglin till the dawn.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There's no excuse not to give Gaskin the ball 25 times in the AC...win and he has about a month to get fresh before a toilet bowl game. Lose and he has all off-season.
  • Options

Obligatory...

Listen 332, just because you were a little nerdy dude who cant get pussy, dont rail on kids having fun, going to gameday. There are chicks that get drunk and go to those, of course you wouldnt know because youre too cool to go to one.

Youre surely an ugly little zitface kid who makes fun of the cool kids at gameday, then sits home in your dorm, while the kids who went to gameday and the game, follow the party to their respective fraternities and lay the weenie to the wee hours of the morn. You on the other hand just unfoldo your stiff sock for a snugglin till the dawn.

Brian Cushing

Throw away season

• Options
    HFNY said:

There's no excuse not to give Gaskin the ball 25 times in the AC...win and he has about a month to get fresh before a toilet bowl game. Lose and he has all off-season.

But Dotson looked sooooo good.........
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm not sure......

But I don't think gaskin has fumbled this year either.

I was thinking about that as well. I don't remember one.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2015
    Gaskin needs to be the focal point of the offense next year, with Browning killing it after the defense sells out to stop the run.

They can do it against Oregon State. Can they do it against Oregon and Stanford next year?

One thing is for certain, our freshman are fucking studs. Adams, Browning, Gaskin. Renfro and McClatcher to a lesser extent. The future looks bright.

• Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Give it a rest. Gaskin is leading all true freshmen in rushing yards this year ... in the country. They are using him plenty. Kill the wild Swede and the cute playcalling, I'd be OK.

I don't care that he's the leading all true freshmen in yards. I don't care about stats. It's those situations where Smiff & Petersen killed many drives in 2nd or 3rd down and short. A hand-off or two to Gaskin may have gotten the first downs necessary to keep drives alive and put the team in position to score, while taking time off the clock, and keeping the defense off the field. Instead, they had Browning throwing fade routes to less-than-mediocre receivers or throwing bubble screens to shit-show Mickens.

If the Huskies would have won more games with Gaskin getting only 18 carries a game, then I'd be fine with it. But, if he could have touched the ball another 7-8 times in those critical situations and been able to pick up the 2-3 yards necessary to keep drives, then he should have been given the opportunity.
    You could not find a bigger fan of Gaskin than me. But the "what if" and "if only" is far from objective. The Cal game ... you are right. Since then, not so much.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gaskin needs to be the focal point of the offense next year, with Browning killing it after the defense sells out to stop the run.

They can do it against Oregon State. Can they do it against Oregon and Stanford next year?

One thing is for certain, our freshman are fucking studs. Adams, Browning, Gaskin. Renfro and McClatcher to a lesser extent. The future looks bright.

It's hard!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Give it a rest. Gaskin is leading all true freshmen in rushing yards this year ... in the country. They are using him plenty. Kill the wild Swede and the cute playcalling, I'd be OK.

I don't care that he's the leading all true freshmen in yards. I don't care about stats. It's those situations where Smiff & Petersen killed many drives in 2nd or 3rd down and short. A hand-off or two to Gaskin may have gotten the first downs necessary to keep drives alive and put the team in position to score, while taking time off the clock, and keeping the defense off the field. Instead, they had Browning throwing fade routes to less-than-mediocre receivers or throwing bubble screens to shit-show Mickens.

If the Huskies would have won more games with Gaskin getting only 18 carries a game, then I'd be fine with it. But, if he could have touched the ball another 7-8 times in those critical situations and been able to pick up the 2-3 yards necessary to keep drives, then he should have been given the opportunity.
    You could not find a bigger fan of Gaskin than me. But the "what if" and "if only" is far from objective. The Cal game ... you are right. Since then, not so much.
    Disagree. At the very least, the ASU game was disgraceful. That was hard to watch... 24 run plays and 62 pass plays. I'm not sure if the RBs would have had success against ASU, but the passing game wasn't exactly working all that well. The coaches are too set in their ideology on offense. WIW
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Adams ... Wenatchee boy.

Also ...

Peterman will coach the game of his life Friday.

I'm gambling he has enough pride to not have his first losing season.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,119
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

topdawgnc said:

Adams ... Wenatchee boy.

Also ...

Why start now? He should have been coaching the game of his life in every single game this season. If he waits to for the Apple Cup to give us his best game, then he needs to get the fuck out of town.

If he had any pride, it would have been beyond bruised by now.
    I know I'm a doog, but if he's got a "game of his life" card to play it should have been against oregon, who gives a fuck about the AC during a non winning season.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    brchco12 said:

topdawgnc said:

Adams ... Wenatchee boy.

Also ...

Why start now? He should have been coaching the game of his life in every single game this season. If he waits to for the Apple Cup to give us his best game, then he needs to get the fuck out of town.

If he had any pride, it would have been beyond bruised by now.
    I know I'm a doog, but if he's got a "game of his life" card to play it should have been against oregon, who gives a fuck about the AC during a non winning season.
    Ed Zachary
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Disagree. At the very least, the ASU game was disgraceful. That was hard to watch... 24 run plays and 62 pass plays. I'm not sure if the RBs would have had success against ASU, but the passing game wasn't exactly working all that well. The coaches are too set in their ideology on offense. WIW
    We had nearly 550 yards of offense in the ASU game. Around 400 yards passing, around 150 yards rushing. That game had everything to do with dropped passes, missed wide open receivers and shitting the bed in the 4th quarter with 4 turnovers. ASU was crowding the LOS all game, daring us to make plays in the passing game. And we could not do it.