Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deserves Own Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This definitely did not deserve its own thread. Some of these threads are as dumb as the ones on Dawgman like "Why does Jake Browning clap his hands?"

I feel dumber just for reading this thread. Fuck.

YRYK... too many threads. I'm going to go bump up the Keeley thread. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyInAZ said:

We ran 45 offensive plays in the first half. Gaskin ran on 19 of those plays. Seems reasonable. In the 2nd half, Gaskin ran the ball 4 times, and was pulled with more than 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Again, seems reasonable.

This is bitching for the sake of bitching. But what's new.

Exactly. It's getting harder and harder to take this place seriously.
    I lurked for a few days. I know, nobody noticed or cared, but this place isn't what it was when it started to get going. I've gone into it before, no need to beat a dead horse.

Roaddawg's a good poster though. I just don't agree with him on certain things.
    I noticed Billy. You were quiet when Florida was playing FAU in OT.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had something very important to say and then the booze hit me. Fuck I might be out before the seacocks lose to the niners
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

I had something very important to say and then the booze hit me. Fuck I might be out before the seacocks lose to the niners

May as well pass out in the next hour or two. That's another meaningless game not worth watching.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This definitely did not deserve its own thread. Some of these threads are as dumb as the ones on Dawgman like "Why does Jake Browning clap his hands?"

It did. Someone in the game thread bitched that posters were complaining when up 17-0 against ASU. The ones bitching ended up being right. It's a bigger picture thing. You can disagree. I think it's more likely you miss the point and are fixated over a 52-7 win over a hapless team.

Nobody except you and HuskyAZ gives a shit about plungering Oregon State. They suck. There is a reason they haven't won a PAC 12 game.
    This (x) a lot: If you were concerned about Gaskin and the workload, you could have sat him w/ 10 minutes in the 2nd and saved 10 carries.

This is twice in 2015 that offensive coaches have determined they weren't "stubborn" enough after losses with the run (Cal/ASU) and came back the next week with the agenda they were going to stick with it (SC/Beavs). I will give them benefit of the doubt after Cal, but not with the ASU game.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the scrimmage/win. But my main thought this am was after seeing once again how average in general the Pac-12 is, how is it we need a win vs. the Cougars to be bowl eligible? and double that when you consider our defense is holding teams under 20 when cfb looks like the outdoor version of arena football.

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

It did. Someone in the game thread bitched that posters were complaining when up 17-0 against ASU. The ones bitching ended up being right. It's a bigger picture thing. You can disagree. I think it's more likely you miss the point and are fixated over a 52-7 win over a hapless team.

Nobody except you and HuskyAZ gives a shit about plungering Oregon State. They suck. There is a reason they haven't won a PAC 12 game.
    Sure I give a shit about plungering a shitty OSU team. It's what we should do. I'm just not on the bitch, whine, moan bandwagon about what happened last week, last month, last year, the past 15 years. We met expectations yesterday, yet you can't or won't acknowledge it as evidenced by your posts in the game thread and afterward.

The team looked great yesterday. Execution and playcalling (other than the Mickens pass) were great in all 3 facets of the game. I'm happy. I don't GAF if Gaskin gets 18 carries or 23 carries. And I don't GAF if the entire team congratulates Browning after a TD. Go read the game thread and see what dumbfucks you and your ilk are. You think it's funny. It's actually pathetic.

Last weekend, I got to witness the 2nd half meltdown in Tempe. I wasn't happy at all. If we lay a turd on Friday, I won't be happy. See how that works?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that you are one depressed mother fucker. Take a walk with your significant other and get some perspective.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

Meek said:

I didn't go through the game thread as I watched the game late last night on my DVR, but I was baffled by the number of times Gaskin would run for 8 on first down and then we'd throw a bubble for -3 or take a sack on 2nd and set up all those 3rd and 4+ downs... baffling. run the fucking ball smith!

I hope this wasn't serious.

On first down, Gaskin ran for 6, 7, 8, 9, 3, 3, 5, 4, 2, 1.

So he ran for 8 or more yards on 1st down 2 times. I guess some people are easily baffled.

I'll own up to being wrong on this.... because it was late, I only watched the first 4 times it happened (the 6, 7, 8, 9 yard runs that left us with 2nd and short only to go to a bubble screen for loss or try to go downfield and get sacked instead of sticking with the run. I had no idea that Smith figured it out eventually.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    HuskyInAZ said:

Sure I give a shit about plungering a shitty OSU team. It's what we should do. I'm just not on the bitch, whine, moan bandwagon about what happened last week, last month, last year, the past 15 years. We met expectations yesterday, yet you can't or won't acknowledge it as evidenced by your posts in the game thread and afterward.

The team looked great yesterday. Execution and playcalling (other than the Mickens pass) were great in all 3 facets of the game. I'm happy. I don't GAF if Gaskin gets 18 carries or 23 carries. And I don't GAF if the entire team congratulates Browning after a TD. Go read the game thread and see what dumbfucks you and your ilk are. You think it's funny. It's actually pathetic.

Last weekend, I got to witness the 2nd half meltdown in Tempe. I wasn't happy at all. If we lay a turd on Friday, I won't be happy. See how that works?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that you are one depressed mother fucker. Take a walk with your significant other and get some perspective.
    I thought this level of "you sound depressed" stupidity wasn't tolerated here.

How much of a fucking drippy vag doogly cunt do you have to be to poast shit like this?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

HuskyInAZ said:

How much of a fucking drippy vag doogly cunt do you have to be to poast shit like this?
    It's hard, DDY. Real hard.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

I have to admit, that's good stuff right there.