Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deserves Own Thread

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
From @Dennis_DeYoung in the game thread:

"So, we're worried about wearing Gaskin out in important games, but when we're up 45, we run him every fucking play? Jesus."

Gaskin gets a season high of 23 carries when the season is over against a team that lost every Pac 12 game except one (to Colorado) by 15 or more points.

Yes I do bitch about everything, but if you can't see the problem with this, I can't help you.

Comments

• Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But how is Petersen a complete fucktard?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    yeah I'm befuddled
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    As I said in the game thread, Petersen wants Gaskin to get over 1000 yards this year
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    We saw the same thing with Sarkisian. He made mind-numbing play calls all year and then called intelligent games at the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if in both cases we've witnessed an attempt to confuse the opposing defenses by doing stupid shit all year so there is no precedent for when we do things that make sense at the end.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Mad_Son said:

We saw the same thing with Sarkisian. He made mind-numbing play calls all year and then called intelligent games at the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if in both cases we've witnessed an attempt to confuse the opposing defenses by doing stupid shit all year so there is no precedent for when we do things that make sense at the end.

In Sark's case he was hitting form for the holidays and was more fucked up each progressive game.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Washington is a basketball school...or kinda sorta getting there again
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Washington is a rowing school...Always will be

FTFY
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I didn't go through the game thread as I watched the game late last night on my DVR, but I was baffled by the number of times Gaskin would run for 8 on first down and then we'd throw a bubble for -3 or take a sack on 2nd and set up all those 3rd and 4+ downs... baffling. run the fucking ball smith!
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

From @Dennis_DeYoung in the game thread:

"So, we're worried about wearing Gaskin out in important games, but when we're up 45, we run him every fucking play? Jesus."

Gaskin gets a season high of 23 carries when the season is over against a team that lost every Pac 12 game except one (to Colorado) by 15 or more points.

Yes I do bitch about everything, but if you can't see the problem with this, I can't help you.

I see your point, and I agree.

But one factor here was DWarsh's unavailability.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2015
    I only watched about 30% of the game. It was already 21-0 when I tuned in and I knew it was over. I did some errands that ran way past halftime and since the SIO, I barely gave a fuck anyway..cool story Bill...

Generally...you're going to run a lot when you're ahead about 17 touchdowns...to run out the clock and avoid injuries. I get the complaint is, "Why didn't he run more in earlier games?" I totally agree. He should have. Maybe Peterman should have run Cooper or whoever is third string more in this game. I don't know if Washington played or not.

This board likes to complain about 52-7 wins though. It's what it does...
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

I didn't go through the game thread as I watched the game late last night on my DVR, but I was baffled by the number of times Gaskin would run for 8 on first down and then we'd throw a bubble for -3 or take a sack on 2nd and set up all those 3rd and 4+ downs... baffling. run the fucking ball smith!

I hope this wasn't serious.

On first down, Gaskin ran for 6, 7, 8, 9, 3, 3, 5, 4, 2, 1.

So he ran for 8 or more yards on 1st down 2 times. I guess some people are easily baffled.

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We ran 45 offensive plays in the first half. Gaskin ran on 19 of those plays. Seems reasonable. In the 2nd half, Gaskin ran the ball 4 times, and was pulled with more than 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Again, seems reasonable.

This is bitching for the sake of bitching. But what's new.
  • Options
    Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

We ran 45 offensive plays in the first half. Gaskin ran on 19 of those plays. Seems reasonable. In the 2nd half, Gaskin ran the ball 4 times, and was pulled with more than 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Again, seems reasonable.

Exactly. It's getting harder and harder to take this place seriously.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I only watched about 30% of the game. It was already 21-0 when I tuned in and I knew it was over. I did some errands that ran way past halftime and since the SIO, I barely gave a fuck anyway..cool story Bill...

Generally...you're going to run a lot when you're about 17 touchdowns...to run out the clock and avoid injuries. I get the complaint is, "Why didn't he run more in earlier games?" Maybe he should have run Cooper or whoever is third string more.

This board likes to complain about 52-7 wins though. It's what it does...

The complaint is not about a 52-7 win. It's about under-utilizing Gaskin throughout the whole season. HTH
    Right. That's why I wrote, "i get the complaint is about..." I could have worded it better, but it's a stupid fucking message board so who cares? :p

It still seems like nitpicking in the context of a 45 point win. People were also bitching that this win meant Smith would be back next year in the game thread. Look, I wasn't thrilled with the win either, since it doesn't mean a ton, but my first thought wasn't, "GOD DAMNIT, WE PUT THE GAME AWAY BY 11 MINUTES TO GO IN THE 2ND FUCKING QUARTER. THIS MEANS SMITH WILL BE BACK!!! AHHHHHH!!! MOM, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY CHEETOS AND YOHOO?!!!?"
  • Options
    Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This definitely did not deserve its own thread. Some of these threads are as dumb as the ones on Dawgman like "Why does Jake Browning clap his hands?"

I feel dumber just for reading this thread. Fuck.
  • Options
    Founders Club

HuskyInAZ said:

Exactly. It's getting harder and harder to take this place seriously.
    I lurked for a few days. I know, nobody noticed or cared, but this place isn't what it was when it started to get going. I've gone into it before, no need to beat a dead horse.

Roaddawg's a good poster though. I just don't agree with him on certain things.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As predicted a big win over the worst team in America and the doogs are back baby!

Just pretend this isn't a carbon copy of Sark.