Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Name three active P12 coaches...

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol. Shaw is notorious for dumb in-game decisions and play calling. See those awesome red zone finishes against USC last year.

This bored would want him shitcanned after one game.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So I'm hearing we should ignore Shaw's well-documented game management issues because he has a 49-13 (.790) record. And I'm also hearing we should fire Peterman and his 104-23 (.819) record because of alleged game management issues. Interesting.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you're point is to claim Petersen is better than Shaw you are simply wrong. I'm sure there are better coaches than Shaw but not all that many

Ctrl-S
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was leading the lynch Shaw movement here and I apologize to any Missouri students reading this from their safe place. But he is proving over time to be the real deal.

It's like some of you don't even pay attention. Yes we want to fire every coach after every loss but not really. If Petersen was 92-12 here we'd be lining up to suck his dick.

But Jerry, I don't give a fuck about Boise State. I'm a Husky fan and his record here sucks.

Shaw survived the end of the Harbaugh era and has his own guys in there and is still winning the conference. So he goes 11-1 who gives a fuck about the Northwestern game.

If UW went 11-1 this year I'd be over the Boise loss. Maybe. You don't have to be unbeaten to win the natty anymore. UW has been unbeaten once in 100 years. Oregon never has. If Stanford has it was a century ago. Even USC rarely goes unbeaten. Bama drops a game every year.

A guy who recruits big linemen and runs the shit out of the ball would be a great Husky coach. If he wins and Shaw wins.

Every coach makes stupid decisions in the game because we are watching from the comfort of mom's basement with nothing better to do than second guess.

It's called being a fan. If you're point is to claim Petersen is better than Shaw you are simply wrong. I'm sure there are better coaches than Shaw but not all that many

*your
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

If you're point is to claim Petersen is better than Shaw you are simply wrong. I'm sure there are better coaches than Shaw but not all that many

Ctrl-S
    0-2

Save this
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Shaw has been there long enough to be rid of the Hardbaugh's players crutch. He's not elite but they always have a great o line, usually haveca good defense, and they kick people's ass physically. It's sort of how Dawg football was.

So yeah, gun pointed at head, he seems great now. I'm willing to LIPO and see where the program is at next 11/10. If it's 4-5 or 5-4 and Hungry Bowl time, Petersen needs to hit the road.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I used to bag on Shaw because he would always lose a game against an inferior team, but then realized pretty much every coach in college football does that every year. The problem is he coaches in the Pac-12 so that one loss is enough to drop them from the playoffs.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Leach, Leach, Leach