Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast: Post Utah, Pre STD U

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,082
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Signed up to say I love the podcast but @HeretoBeatmyChest please don't eat while recording. With headphones on the munching in my ear was nearly as annoying as our offensive play calling.

Hit the bricks!
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Some of you are so fucking stupid it hurts. All teams average more throwing the ball. That is truly the weakest argument of all time. Stanford might as well not give McCaffrey the ball considering Hogan averages more per attempt throwing. Same for Oregon and Freeman.

Air Raid!!!!111!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I agree in general with the harping of the WR core, but I really hope that was a breakout game for Pettis. We need someone to fucking step up there.
  • Options
    Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Comment

Nice episode, really enjoyed it.

@HeretoBeatmyChest You say you disagree with me about Petersen costing us the game. If Gaskin gets DWash's carries, it's pretty safe to say he doesn't fumble once and definitely doesn't fumble twice. There's the difference in the ballgame right there.

I also agree with James and Roadie that Cooper deserves 2-5 carries a game. He's a serviceable back.

DW's fumbles led to 7 points not 14. We lost by 8.

The Durkee dropped punt is backbreaking because we had the lead and it gave Utah great field position. The Lenius penalty cost us 4 points and it could have been 7. Those are self inflicted.

Even with the sometimes fumbles DW is so much better to the offense than the other backs behind him. He is the only big play threat on the offense. He had a 30 yard run before the fumble which was a perfect hit by the defender. His numbers are good this year. Watch the next game, he will break one against an over aggressive defense. By the way, remember what happened last year when Cooper was trusted not to fumble?

We came out throwing bc Utah had a corner who was starting his first game. It worked well. Too bad Lenius got a stupid penalty and Durkee muffed a perfect snap to throw things off. Gaskin actually started off slow and was able to get going against a very good run defense because the pass opened some things up.

Like I said Utah was able to run more because they had the lead and they have a true running quarterback that gives them that extra dimension. Plus an experienced back who can handle 30 carries. Also, our defense was clearly weakened by injuries. Not having 2 of your 3 best guys hurts a lot (Baker and Qualls). I know Gaines played well but he wasn't tackling guys in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage.

If you want to blame the coaches for anything, blame them for not practicing in the rain enough (allegedly).

The reasons we lost the game were 3-fold: missing two of the three best players on defense which allowed Utah just enough success in the run game to keep at it, self inflicted wounds, a few of which could relate to practice above and back breaking questionable calls on consecutive series in the 4th quarter which allowed Utah to keep control of the game as they were losing it. I would like to see Gaskin get a few more carries but giving him 30 carries every game is not the difference between winning and losing as the majority of the bored seems to believe.
    We didn't run enough against Cal, Oregon, and arguably this past game against Utah. I'm not saying we would have won all three, but the pass heavy offense has certainly hurt us and greatly contributed to a loss or two.

Gaskin only had five carries in the first half. He's produced enough this year for that to be unacceptable.
    ASU shut down UCLA, SC and Utahs run game. They also really limited Oregons run game besides two or three home busts by Freeman/Benoit. Cal Poly somehow ran all over them.

Ironically, I think the pass heavy and cutesy-play calling all you fags hate may actually work vs ASUs jail break blitz Defense. Or not. Either way it won't be that interesting.
    Yep, the Huskys are a run oriented team. Booker had like 15 years way into the fourth. Only got a long run when the game was over in garbage time. Perkins had under 60 like Sankey at Sun Devil Stadium. I see Browning like Rosen in this game. "IF" ASU does not get burned on passing yardage he will see the type of pressure that made Chosen Rosen confused and like a deer in the headlights. This year the defense is getting the same kind of pressure and sacks but unlike prior years no interceptions and fumbles. This may be the game it does happens.Don't think there is going to be a lot of scoring. Road Dawg can say Berc is garbage but at this stage I will take him over a true freshman. To me the stat that matters is the Washinton defense is in the top twenty nationally and best in the PAC 12 in redzone scoring. Not going to be a big scoring game. Ballage and Richard have had very few games where both were healthy at the same time but this is one. Foster has been a disappointment in moving to WR and has been moved back to practing with the RB's and it worked last week. This is something to consider on getting explosive plays. We shall see?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

@HeretoBeatmyChest You say you disagree with me about Petersen costing us the game. If Gaskin gets DWash's carries, it's pretty safe to say he doesn't fumble once and definitely doesn't fumble twice. There's the difference in the ballgame right there.

I also agree with James and Roadie that Cooper deserves 2-5 carries a game. He's a serviceable back.

The Durkee dropped punt is backbreaking because we had the lead and it gave Utah great field position. The Lenius penalty cost us 4 points and it could have been 7. Those are self inflicted.

Even with the sometimes fumbles DW is so much better to the offense than the other backs behind him. He is the only big play threat on the offense. He had a 30 yard run before the fumble which was a perfect hit by the defender. His numbers are good this year. Watch the next game, he will break one against an over aggressive defense. By the way, remember what happened last year when Cooper was trusted not to fumble?

We came out throwing bc Utah had a corner who was starting his first game. It worked well. Too bad Lenius got a stupid penalty and Durkee muffed a perfect snap to throw things off. Gaskin actually started off slow and was able to get going against a very good run defense because the pass opened some things up.

Like I said Utah was able to run more because they had the lead and they have a true running quarterback that gives them that extra dimension. Plus an experienced back who can handle 30 carries. Also, our defense was clearly weakened by injuries. Not having 2 of your 3 best guys hurts a lot (Baker and Qualls). I know Gaines played well but he wasn't tackling guys in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage.

If you want to blame the coaches for anything, blame them for not practicing in the rain enough (allegedly).

The reasons we lost the game were 3-fold: missing two of the three best players on defense which allowed Utah just enough success in the run game to keep at it, self inflicted wounds, a few of which could relate to practice above and back breaking questionable calls on consecutive series in the 4th quarter which allowed Utah to keep control of the game as they were losing it. I would like to see Gaskin get a few more carries but giving him 30 carries every game is not the difference between winning and losing as the majority of the bored seems to believe.
    We didn't run enough against Cal, Oregon, and arguably this past game against Utah. I'm not saying we would have won all three, but the pass heavy offense has certainly hurt us and greatly contributed to a loss or two.

Gaskin only had five carries in the first half. He's produced enough this year for that to be unacceptable.
    ASU shut down UCLA, SC and Utahs run game. They also really limited Oregons run game besides two or three home busts by Freeman/Benoit. Cal Poly somehow ran all over them.

Ironically, I think the pass heavy and cutesy-play calling all you fags hate may actually work vs ASUs jail break blitz Defense. Or not. Either way it won't be that interesting.
    UW's strength in the pass game is the TE's and DW, which bodes very well for beating an aggressive, blitzing type team. I don't know where I saw the stat but Browning is actually good against blitzes.

ASU has a strong rush D but as you noted that they don't contain the big play. Bill Connelly's S+P has Utah's rush D #10, UW #26, ASU #27 and USC #23. Gaskin has proved it against good run defenses.

UW will win this game if Adams and Qualls play and if they don't turn the ball over and get behind by 14 in the first half. ASU is not a good team other than the fact they can get turnovers and pound you with two good backs.
    First, you are not a good team either and you are going for 0-10 on the road in a place you suck, Hello? The reason ASU looks like Washington this year is we have got the sacks and negative yards against better O-lines and QB's than Browning; who looks like a true freshman, but not the turn overs. So you must be thinking about prior years. The one time we did get turnovers we rolled on UCLA against Chosen Rosen. It really is a pussy argument to hedge losing by injured players. The Devlis have had secondary issues due to Perry being out and Longino will not play at LB for this game. I'm not using that as an excuse. Vegas does give ASU the customary three points in this game. Mark this, Foster will have a very good game being back primarilly as a RB and in the slot.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

UW's strength in the pass game is the TE's and DW, which bodes very well for beating an aggressive, blitzing type team. I don't know where I saw the stat but Browning is actually good against blitzes.

ASU has a strong rush D but as you noted that they don't contain the big play. Bill Connelly's S+P has Utah's rush D #10, UW #26, ASU #27 and USC #23. Gaskin has proved it against good run defenses.

UW will win this game if Adams and Qualls play and if they don't turn the ball over and get behind by 14 in the first half. ASU is not a good team other than the fact they can get turnovers and pound you with two good backs.
    First, you are not a good team either and you are going for 0-10 on the road in a place you suck, Hello?
    These kind of stats bother the fuck out of me when few players involved in that streak are actually playing in the game going forward on both sides.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Past results don't have any bearing on the future, it's just that Washington has been terrible for fifteen years. Congrats Doovil.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

First, you are not a good team either and you are going for 0-10 on the road in a place you suck, Hello? The reason ASU looks like Washington this year is we have got the sacks and negative yards against better O-lines and QB's than Browning; who looks like a true freshman, but not the turn overs. So you must be thinking about prior years. The one time we did get turnovers we rolled on UCLA against Chosen Rosen. It really is a pussy argument to hedge losing by injured players. The Devis have had secondary issues due to Perry being out and Longino will not play at LB for this game. I'm not using that as an excuse. Vegas does give ASU the customary three points in this game. Mark this, Foster will have a very good game being back primarilly as a RB and in the slot.
    Before last year I picked ASU and Utah as surprise teams of the South. Before this year I was adamant that ASU would have a shitty season as it was easy to see the team was being carried by Kelly and Strong. Graham's defense has gotten worse every year including the past two when the conference as a whole has been worse. Its a feast or famine defense that has endured a lot of famine this year and the conference appears to have figured it out.

Bercovici sucks. He piles up numbers against bad teams and in garbage time. Both his QBR #s are worse than Brownings. That takes into account running, his strength. And PFF has him rated well below Browning. Bercovici is a glorified backup QB.

This is why ASU sucks. Has little to do with not getting turnovers on defense. Look at the stats and advanced stats you fucking moron. Your defense is a shitty in a number of categories. Also, ASU has some good fumble luck or would be even worse.

Its not a coincidence that UW D's two worst games came with Budda Baker out. Missing Qualls hurt as Utah's run game improved late in the game. Whether 2 of your 3 best guys on D play or not is a huge deal, particularly when dealing with two very good bruising backs and particularly when they control the middle of the field. Its an unknown whether they will play or not. Thats why I mentioned it.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Tequilla said:

First, you are not a good team either and you are going for 0-10 on the road in a place you suck, Hello?
    These kind of stats bother the fuck out of me when few players involved in that streak are actually playing in the game going forward on both sides.
    Its always a new game but the curse is still there and your have been terrible in Sun Devil Stadium even during your almighty coach, Don James, days. It is amusing that Road Dawg or some other so called football expert on this dumb downed pod cast did not realize the series was close over all the eras and acutally has ASU with a slight edge of four games. I guess history does not matter when you play the Ducks either?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Good poad ass always.
  • Options
    The only thing I care about re: ASU is the potential repurposing of the Karsten Ping course ... way too good of a course to be potentially shitted on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Fucking

First, you are not a good team either and you are going for 0-10 on the road in a place you suck, Hello? The reason ASU looks like Washington this year is we have got the sacks and negative yards against better O-lines and QB's than Browning; who looks like a true freshman, but not the turn overs. So you must be thinking about prior years. The one time we did get turnovers we rolled on UCLA against Chosen Rosen. It really is a pussy argument to hedge losing by injured players. The Devis have had secondary issues due to Perry being out and Longino will not play at LB for this game. I'm not using that as an excuse. Vegas does give ASU the customary three points in this game. Mark this, Foster will have a very good game being back primarilly as a RB and in the slot.
    Before last year I picked ASU and Utah as surprise teams of the South. Before this year I was adamant that ASU would have a shitty season as it was easy to see the team was being carried by Kelly and Strong. Graham's defense has gotten worse every year including the past two when the conference as a whole has been worse. Its a feast or famine defense that has endured a lot of famine this year and the conference appears to have figured it out.

Bercovici sucks. He piles up numbers against bad teams and in garbage time. Both his QBR #s are worse than Brownings. That takes into account running, his strength. And PFF has him rated well below Browning. Bercovici is a glorified backup QB.

This is why ASU sucks. Has little to do with not getting turnovers on defense. Look at the stats and advanced stats you fucking moron. Your defense is a shitty in a number of categories. Also, ASU has some good fumble luck or would be even worse.

Its not a coincidence that UW D's two worst games came with Budda Baker out. Missing Qualls hurt as Utah's run game improved late in the game. Whether 2 of your 3 best guys on D play or not is a huge deal, particularly when dealing with two very good bruising backs and particularly when they control the middle of the field. Its an unknown whether they will play or not. Thats why I mentioned it.
    "Fucking moron" shows how crass you people are. If he lights it up what will your excuse be? If Browings get his ass planted face down and he throws ints like Rosen did, what then is your excuse? You are just a pussy. You predict a win and then act like a coward and have it framed so if you crap the bed it was due to injuries. You act like your shit don't stink but it does for years against the Devils. It is one of the weakest excuses that any fan base can pull out their asses. Arizona was devasted by injuries but I don't think you people cut them any slack.ASU beat you turds in a hurrican when you gloated about the weather. Kelly had a broker foot, ace. I could say if our best returning WR, Cam Smith, had not blown his ACL things would be better now. Or if Ballage had not got mono for the first four games at RB. Or Tim White, our new JC guy, had not played the first of half the season with a broken hand. Against the Cougs we lost the leader of our defense at spur linebacker. It goes on and one for any team. You win or lose with the players who can go.The reality is ASU owns you just like the Ducks, but you are always looking to them since we are beneath you, all the time you get your ass beat. You were pug ugly last year and what Okie State did to Peterman was a disgrace to the image of the conference. Shut the fuck up an beat us for once, but don't call our QB bad and ASU a lucky team with turn overs. The whole offense has had issues, not just on the QB. The Huskys are actually worst and if not for your defense would not even be fighting for a bowl. This is a even match up and your game analysis was total crap. Both teams are pretty desperate but I like the home field.At least do some research, pompous ass. Talk about you defense. God, you are such a homer with BS stats. You really need to win since Oregon beat you another time.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Fucking

"Fucking moron" shows how crass you are. If he lights it up what will your excuse be? If Browings get his ass planted face down and he throws ints like Rosen did, what then is your excuse? You are just a pussy. You predict a win and then act like a coward and have it framed so if you crap the bed it was due to injuries. You act like your shit don't stink but it does for years against the Devils. It is one of the weakest excuses that any fan base can pull out their asses. Arizona was devasted by injuries but I don't think you people cut them any slack.ASU beat you turds in a hurrican when you gloated about the weather. Kelly had a broker foot, ace. I could say if our second best WR, Cam Smith, had not blown his ACL things would be better now. Or if Ballage had not got mono for the first four games at RB. Or Tim White, our new JC guy, had not played the first of half the season with a broken hand. Against the Cougs we lost the leader of our defense at spur linebacker. It goes on and one for any team. You wind or lose with the players who can go.The reality is ASU owns you just like the Ducks, but you are always looking to them since we are beneath you, all the time you get your ass beat. You were pug ugly last year and what Okie State did to Peterman was a disgrace to the image of the conference. Shut the fuck up an beat us for once, but don't call our QB bad and ASU a lucky team with turn overs. This is a even match up and your game analysis was total crap. At least do some research, pompous ass.
    Your QB is bad.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Satan this week.

• Options

Fucking

"Fucking moron" shows how crass you are. If he lights it up what will your excuse be? If Browings get his ass planted face down and he throws ints like Rosen did, what then is your excuse? You are just a pussy. You predict a win and then act like a coward and have it framed so if you crap the bed it was due to injuries. You act like your shit don't stink but it does for years against the Devils. It is one of the weakest excuses that any fan base can pull out their asses. Arizona was devasted by injuries but I don't think you people cut them any slack.ASU beat you turds in a hurrican when you gloated about the weather. Kelly had a broker foot, ace. I could say if our second best WR, Cam Smith, had not blown his ACL things would be better now. Or if Ballage had not got mono for the first four games at RB. Or Tim White, our new JC guy, had not played the first of half the season with a broken hand. Against the Cougs we lost the leader of our defense at spur linebacker. It goes on and one for any team. You wind or lose with the players who can go.The reality is ASU owns you just like the Ducks, but you are always looking to them since we are beneath you, all the time you get your ass beat. You were pug ugly last year and what Okie State did to Peterman was a disgrace to the image of the conference. Shut the fuck up an beat us for once, but don't call our QB bad and ASU a lucky team with turn overs. This is a even match up and your game analysis was total crap. At least do some research, pompous ass.
    Your QB is bad.
    Oh no you didn't
  • Options
    Been longer than 15 years guy.
  • Options
    And I agree with Pepsi ... Berk-a-what-ever is a below average PAC QB
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking

God, you are such a homer with BS stats. You really need to win since Oregon beat you another time.
    I have no words.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,218
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Been longer than 15 years guy.

Fucking moron