Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I didn't think it was possible to enjoy a season any less than 2014

13»

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

This one is worse. At least last year, we could say that Pete was burning it down to rebuild. Why the fuck is he burning it down this year?

this
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought this team would win 6-7 games this year and that's probably going to be what it ends up being. So I'm pretty emotionless about this season.

It's really frustrating and annoying that Petersen is like 1-500 in these competitive close games.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2015
    7 games expected.
    8 games meh.
    9 games - encouraging
    10 games - home run
    11 games - playoff run next year

6 wins or below - complete and total failure. Start the coaching search.

So now that people are saying this is a good oline on par with the early 90's oline's, a special RB in the making, the defense is called death row.

The only explanation now for shitty football is a true freshman QB and a high school OC and a stubborn loser coach that wastes down precious downs so that the team captain can feel included.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2015
    jecornel said:

7 games expected.
    8 games meh.
    9 games - encouraging
    10 games - home run

So now that people are saying this is a good oline on par with the early 90's oline's, a special RB in the making, the defense is called death row.

The only explanation now for shitty football is a true freshman QB and a high school OC and a stubborn loser coach that wastes down precious downs so that the team captain can feel included.

Are you being serious here?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

7 games expected.
    8 games meh.
    9 games - encouraging
    10 games - home run

Are you being serious here?
    You haven't been keeping I see. Yes, talk to DNC.

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    what shocks me are the poor game day situational coaching decisions. This was NOT an area I thought Peterman would have issues at based on his record at Boise JC. They must of really been the little man at a midget party and simply overwhelmed everyone in spite of poor coaching.

I don't get it.

Maybe Harsin really is the offensive genius and Pete has been exposed without him as his OC.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's a massive over reaction in my mind to say that this season is less enjoyable than pick your favorite season in the last 10-15.

There's a lot of things going right ...

The things going wrong are just major fuckups right now ... some of it coaching some of it just players finding the best way to be fucked up losers at the worst time.

What's going right this year:

36th in SRS
    Points For: 240 (26.67 pts per game)
    Points Against: 169 (18.77 pts per game)
    Point Differential: +71

What's going wrong:

4-5 record
    2-4 in conference
    Failure to win close games
    Offensive playcalling

The reality is that we're a young team showing positive signs but taking lumps. We're underperforming what the numbers would suggest that we should be at at this point.

In some ways, this season reminds me a bit of the 1988 season that I vaguely remember in that we lost a ton of close games finishing at 6-5 overall and 3-5 in conference. The Seniors that played on the '91 team were either true or RS Freshman on this team. Some interesting stats from that team:

25th in SRS
    Points For: 254 (23.1 pts per game)
    Points Against: 223 points (20.3 pts per game)
    Point Differential: +31

The losses in conference that year were by 7, 1, 3, 3, and 1

The following year in 1989 saw an 8-4 record and an improvement to 5-3 in conference. SRS went from 25th to 14th and total point differential for the year increased to +107. What followed from there were 3 straight Rose Bowls and a National Championship.

There's some transformative things that need to happen in the program to continue to get things moving in the right direction. There's good reason for frustration ... but the numbers are showing positive signs and trends.

Geezus H Crimminy, you can't see the forest for the trees.
    The reverse can also be said just as easily ...

Wins and losses obviously matter ... to say that the record doesn't is asininely FS.

That being said, if you can't see how there's progress in the program as a whole then you also aren't paying attention.

The reality is that you can always poke to try to find something to complain about if you want to. That's true for just about any other program.

I can only imagine how this board would be melting down if the season was going similar to what TCU has had. Everybody on this board says that they aren't expecting national championships but just want to get consistent 9 to 10 win seasons and competing for conference championships. I call total bullshit on that. If UW enters November undefeated and goes on the road, lays an egg, and loses by 20, there would be a decent subset of this board calling for people's heads to roll.

And maybe that is somewhat the point ... we've talked about how TSIO since before it happened. 6 wins before the season was viewed as a very reasonable season by many ... 7 or 8 wins was viewed as Petersen being the right person going forward. There's still 3 very winnable games left. Let the fucking season play out before passing judgment.

In my opinion, the reason that so many people have been losing their shit is because they are seeing so many close games and thinking 9-10 wins. It's these people that are moving the goal posts.
    Bullshit.

People wouldn't do that. I didn't call for Rick to be canned when they were 7-1, ranked eighth, and got plungered by the fucking Beavs. I didn't when Miami killed them a month later. I don't even think Sven would (in a serious way).

Winning gives coaches breathing room. There hasn't been winning going on and people on here are competitive and sick of losing and losing streaks to a program like ASU.

I've never called for Petersen's head, but I'm down from a 90% confidence level to more like 65. He's reminding me way too much of Bellotti....who he worked for..........