Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I didn't think it was possible to enjoy a season any less than 2014

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our D is better than anythink Sark put out....but the offense is such a disaster it hurts..i've been drunk for48 hours I think work is going to be challenging tomorrow...but i'lll figure it out unlike smith.

Oh, that guy gets paid twice as much to fucking suck like no other.

If Pete doesnt' fire taht GUCKING BEAVER then i'm done. My doog level on a scale from 1-auberan dawg is 1. Zero wiggle room. I've mentioned my doogish dad before, but to not fire Babushka is disrespectful to his tyee donation. Let's see what Pete is made of. I count 4 winnable losses.

Balls in your court.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2006 starting 4-1 with Stanback at the helm was the last moment of realization...We had SC in their prime on the ropes. Next thing you know he goes down against oregon st. in a driving rain. What's really doogish is UW was going to lose that game before he went down. So 4-2 and the crumble began. Watching the close ups of Locker being redshirted was special. I bet UW wins 2 games if Ty pulls his shirt and they are bowl eligible. whatevs.

2007 was excitign because syracuse, Boise, and Ohio State. Jake Locker was a fucking man before sark ruined him. His frosh campaign was special...the only player wearing purple and gold that would have got a schollie on the opposing team.

The last time I dooged was UW being undefeated at Stanford with Teeth Price playing the best game of his career. An ASJ drop and Kasen williams catch overturned later was the official death of husky football.

Fuck I'm high.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    I was dooging this year against USC, especially about Victor, Feeney, and Longassneck's play. I guess last year it was for Shaq, Peters, and Shelton, but there wasn't anything that sustained. It says something about the Peterman era that you can't say definitively that his years have been more enjoyable than Sark's. I mean, sure, it's nice to dominate Arizona and beat a down USC, but Sark did that shit too. It's just been a fucking freak show for so long.

The expectations are higher now, so I guess that means Peterman has done something to shift the discourse around the program. But how much of that is based on reputation? It's back to the point where you say "script" and know going into the game exactly how they're going to lose.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club

I was dooging this year against USC, especially about Victor, Feeney, and Longassneck's play. I guess last year it was for Shaq, Peters, and Shelton, but there wasn't anything that sustained. It says something about the Peterman era that you can't say definitively that his years have been more enjoyable than Sark's. I mean, sure, it's nice to dominate Arizona and beat a down USC, but Sark did that shit too. It's just been a fucking freak show for so long.

The expectations are higher now, so I guess that means Peterman has done something to shift the discourse around the program. But how much of that is based on reputation? It's back to the point where you say "script" and know going into the game exactly how they're going to lose.

I disagree. Expectations aren't higher. Virtually no one is demanding championship football.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I disagree. Expectations aren't higher. Virtually no one is demanding championship football.
    You're right. NOBODY gives a fuck about the Huskies. Quote me and send it to the president. Nobody gives a fuck. The attendance for a home game against a top 15 opponent in November says it all.

How can you be a self respecting AD and see the crowd on Saturday and feel good about your job? I'm fucking pissed guys.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2015

He needs more tim cock

And you forgot the underscores

*Ts and Ps
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I meant here, amongst people that seem to know what they're talking about. But you're entirely right that the average fan thinks that Pete just got here, and that gee golly, he needs five years to get his own guys in there.

I should have added 2003. As drecky as that season was, beating Oregon and the Cuogs was probably still good enough for top three on my list. BONEM! Fucking fuck.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's a massive over reaction in my mind to say that this season is less enjoyable than pick your favorite season in the last 10-15.

There's a lot of things going right ...

The things going wrong are just major fuckups right now ... some of it coaching some of it just players finding the best way to be fucked up losers at the worst time.

What's going right this year:

36th in SRS
    Points For: 240 (26.67 pts per game)
    Points Against: 169 (18.77 pts per game)
    Point Differential: +71

What's going wrong:

4-5 record
    2-4 in conference
    Failure to win close games
    Offensive playcalling

The reality is that we're a young team showing positive signs but taking lumps. We're underperforming what the numbers would suggest that we should be at at this point.

In some ways, this season reminds me a bit of the 1988 season that I vaguely remember in that we lost a ton of close games finishing at 6-5 overall and 3-5 in conference. The Seniors that played on the '91 team were either true or RS Freshman on this team. Some interesting stats from that team:

25th in SRS
    Points For: 254 (23.1 pts per game)
    Points Against: 223 points (20.3 pts per game)
    Point Differential: +31

The losses in conference that year were by 7, 1, 3, 3, and 1

The following year in 1989 saw an 8-4 record and an improvement to 5-3 in conference. SRS went from 25th to 14th and total point differential for the year increased to +107. What followed from there were 3 straight Rose Bowls and a National Championship.

There's some transformative things that need to happen in the program to continue to get things moving in the right direction. There's good reason for frustration ... but the numbers are showing positive signs and trends.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

PurpleJ said:

What will you assholes have to say when we go 8-6 next year???

Thanks to this post I understand murder-suicide now.
    YBFE
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's funny when I picture JFK Jr at the controls
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2014 was more enjoyable because of Sark after Dark. The BC game, the ASU hail mary game were highlights of the season and seared in my memory.
  • Options
    Founders Club

2014 was more enjoyable because of Sark after Dark. The BC game, the ASU hail mary game were highlights of the season and seared in my memory.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

It's a massive over reaction in my mind to say that this season is less enjoyable than pick your favorite season in the last 10-15.

The things going wrong are just major fuckups right now ... some of it coaching some of it just players finding the best way to be fucked up losers at the worst time.

36th in SRS

What's going wrong:

4-5 record
    2-4 in conference
    Offensive playcalling

The reality is that we're a young team showing positive signs but taking lumps. We're underperforming what the numbers would suggest that we should be at at this point.

In some ways, this season reminds me a bit of the 1988 season that I vaguely remember in that we lost a ton of close games finishing at 6-5 overall and 3-5 in conference. The Seniors that played on the '91 team were either true or RS Freshman on this team. Some interesting stats from that team:

25th in SRS

The following year in 1989 saw an 8-4 record and an improvement to 5-3 in conference. SRS went from 25th to 14th and total point differential for the year increased to +107. What followed from there were 3 straight Rose Bowls and a National Championship.

There's some transformative things that need to happen in the program to continue to get things moving in the right direction. There's good reason for frustration ... but the numbers are showing positive signs and trends.

Geezus H Crimminy, you can't see the forest for the trees.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

36th in SRS

What's going wrong:

4-5 record
    2-4 in conference
    Offensive playcalling

25th in SRS

Wins are the only thing that matters. Fuck off with your metrics and statistical bullshit. Quit moving the goal posts with the youth excuse. Yeah we are losers but still. Here are some stats that make me feel better. Dude has proven that he will consistently fuck up games with dumb decisions and cute play calling, just like Sark.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

36th in SRS

What's going wrong:

4-5 record
    2-4 in conference
    Offensive playcalling

25th in SRS

The reverse can also be said just as easily ...

Wins and losses obviously matter ... to say that the record doesn't is asininely FS.

That being said, if you can't see how there's progress in the program as a whole then you also aren't paying attention.

The reality is that you can always poke to try to find something to complain about if you want to. That's true for just about any other program.

I can only imagine how this board would be melting down if the season was going similar to what TCU has had. Everybody on this board says that they aren't expecting national championships but just want to get consistent 9 to 10 win seasons and competing for conference championships. I call total bullshit on that. If UW enters November undefeated and goes on the road, lays an egg, and loses by 20, there would be a decent subset of this board calling for people's heads to roll.

And maybe that is somewhat the point ... we've talked about how TSIO since before it happened. 6 wins before the season was viewed as a very reasonable season by many ... 7 or 8 wins was viewed as Petersen being the right person going forward. There's still 3 very winnable games left. Let the fucking season play out before passing judgment.

In my opinion, the reason that so many people have been losing their shit is because they are seeing so many close games and thinking 9-10 wins. It's these people that are moving the goal posts.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No more Sark schadenfreude has put a damper on this season. Combined with rooting for a bland, boring team with no balls and football has been a bust this year.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

36th in SRS

What's going wrong:

4-5 record
    2-4 in conference
    Offensive playcalling

25th in SRS

The reverse can also be said just as easily ...

Wins and losses obviously matter ... to say that the record doesn't is asininely FS.

That being said, if you can't see how there's progress in the program as a whole then you also aren't paying attention.

The reality is that you can always poke to try to find something to complain about if you want to. That's true for just about any other program.

I can only imagine how this board would be melting down if the season was going similar to what TCU has had. Everybody on this board says that they aren't expecting national championships but just want to get consistent 9 to 10 win seasons and competing for conference championships. I call total bullshit on that. If UW enters November undefeated and goes on the road, lays an egg, and loses by 20, there would be a decent subset of this board calling for people's heads to roll.

And maybe that is somewhat the point ... we've talked about how TSIO since before it happened. 6 wins before the season was viewed as a very reasonable season by many ... 7 or 8 wins was viewed as Petersen being the right person going forward. There's still 3 very winnable games left. Let the fucking season play out before passing judgment.

In my opinion, the reason that so many people have been losing their shit is because they are seeing so many close games and thinking 9-10 wins. It's these people that are moving the goal posts.
    Jesus, is this a Kim whoosh? 4-5 > 8-6 > 7-6 > 7-6 ...
  • Options
    It's 50/50 whoosh and serious ...

Wins matter ...

But the difference between 1-2 wins when you're projected to being a below average team and TSIO before the season starts really only matters in my mind if you aren't getting the extra 15 bowl practices and bowl game to get the extra experience for the younger players.

Browning will be better off next year for the experience that he has had this year.

Getting Gaskin experience while maintaining health is a paramount concern. Same with the young OL and other younger players in the program (notably Renfro). Defensively it's still about developing players and depth. I don't know the answer to the question, but does Qualls sit out the Utah game if we're in a position where we're competing for the top of the conference?

I'm not trying to excuse the losses ... but at the same time, there is a bigger picture that needs to be looked at as well.