Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woodward and Emmert

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Woodward's kid and Emmert's kid got married awhile back.

W, JW

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

W, JW

Hey, gay marriage is legal now.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Fuck you and your 53 seconds nacho gobbler.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Not surprising.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You may now kiss the father of the bride
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Kind of weird that the kids will have the same two dads ...
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    JFC

FTG. both of them
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "Woodward requires more than simply on field excellence, pushing his staff and the student-athletes at the University of Washington to reach new heights in all of their endeavors."
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd say that I'd be 100% behind turning up heat on Woodward ... but until getting an idea of how the new UW President will view athletics, I'm not entirely sure that I would trust her to make an educated hire in that position until I see more from her. Given our recent hires, I'm optimistic that keeping somebody in house that actually views the University in the right frame instead of looking to either use the job as a stepping stone or resume booster will be right.

However, and while I realize that the University has plenty of things to be proud of, until the University realizes that the MOST PUBLIC of its advertising is what happens on the fields and courts of its Athletic Programs and that their overall performance is as much a reflection on the University as all of the medical, scientific, etc. research that is done elsewhere, I'm not going to have 100% confidence in any of the University's leadership to demand and hold accountable job performance in this area.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I'd say that I'd be 100% behind turning up heat on Woodward ... but until getting an idea of how the new UW President will view athletics, I'm not entirely sure that I would trust her to make an educated hire in that position until I see more from her. Given our recent hires, I'm optimistic that keeping somebody in house that actually views the University in the right frame instead of looking to either use the job as a stepping stone or resume booster will be right.

However, and while I realize that the University has plenty of things to be proud of, until the University realizes that the MOST PUBLIC of its advertising is what happens on the fields and courts of its Athletic Programs and that their overall performance is as much a reflection on the University as all of the medical, scientific, etc. research that is done elsewhere, I'm not going to have 100% confidence in any of the University's leadership to demand and hold accountable job performance in this area.

I've decided I want to work for you. I'll hit my desk bottle all day and smoke dope with the IT guys and miss every deadline and target and you'll have my back.

There is literally nobody shitty enough at their job for you to say so.
    Definitely disagree about that.

There's a difference between what I'd do if I was in charge of making the decision on Woodward and what I think when looking at who is making the decisions on him.

If it was me, Woodward's at best an average AD. His steadfast backing of Romar is barely explainable at this point. Romar's a nice guy that parlayed a few nice years into an entitlement/retirement package. He's gutted the program and I'm sure blamed it on a handful of people here/there that have since left the program. When I hear people say "we lost our culture and need to go back to it," that tells me that you got fat, happy, and lazy. Those aren't traits that you find in winners.

Now, if you look at the track record of hiring from the University of Washington's perspective, it wouldn't shock me if they made a hire that was worse than what Woodward is. Which is why that gives me pause.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

I've decided I want to work for you. I'll hit my desk bottle all day and smoke dope with the IT guys and miss every deadline and target and you'll have my back.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The scarfiest gala in the land
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Will there be a new DAWG in nineteen years? Woof!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Definitely disagree about that.

There's a difference between what I'd do if I was in charge of making the decision on Woodward and what I think when looking at who is making the decisions on him.

If it was me, Woodward's at best an average AD. His steadfast backing of Romar is barely explainable at this point. Romar's a nice guy that parlayed a few nice years into an entitlement/retirement package. He's gutted the program and I'm sure blamed it on a handful of people here/there that have since left the program. When I hear people say "we lost our culture and need to go back to it," that tells me that you got fat, happy, and lazy. Those aren't traits that you find in winners.

Now, if you look at the track record of hiring from the University of Washington's perspective, it wouldn't shock me if they made a hire that was worse than what Woodward is. Which is why that gives me pause.

Harry Dunn is your current AD, you think Lloyd Christmas can be any worse?
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

However, and while I realize that the University has plenty of things to be proud of, until the University realizes that the MOST PUBLIC of its advertising is what happens in men's and women's crew and that their overall performance is as much a reflection on the University as all of the medical, scientific, etc. research that is done elsewhere, I'm not going to have 100% confidence in any of the University's leadership to demand and hold accountable job performance in this area.

• Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Tequilla said:

You make this sound unusual.

WELCOME TO FUCKING SEATTLE
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

W, JW

I'm assuming it a gay wedding.
    Now if there was going to be a thread about licking taint, this would be the one.