Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

VIDEO: Student says TX teacher forced 7th graders to deny God is real, or take a failing grade

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,927 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

I was going to stay out of this but the "truth" comment dragged me back in again.

What is truth, as a noted Roman official once asked.

Teachers should not be imposing their truth, be it for a God or against a God.

Keep religion out, teach science and maff and the kids can figure it out.

Agree to a point. But according to the dumb bitch in the is article....you could argue 3+2=4 because she believes it to be true even though you can't prove it.
    I just read the link description. But more to the point, doesn't it equal 4?
    Not according to the right.
    So the left does? That seems stupid
  • WeAreAFatLesboSchoolWeAreAFatLesboSchool Guest Posts: 736
    edited October 2015

I was going to stay out of this but the "truth" comment dragged me back in again.

Telling the kids there is no god is teaching science
    Many scientists believe in god and find no problem teaching science without mentioning god.

Seems like you have an agenda.
    Scientists believing in god has nothing to do with science. It's feelings and emotion which scientists have just as non scientists do.

Many scientists believe in god and find no problem teaching science without mentioning god.

Scientists believing in god has nothing to do with science. It's feelings and emotion which scientists have just as non scientists do.
    that's different from saying that telling kids there is no god is science. Science says there is no proof of god.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    I was going to make a comment about the god of the gaps (neil degrasse tyson has some good videos on this) but I changed my mind. It really just comes down to separation of church and state for me. Keep religion at home in the privacy of your own home, no need to bring it to school with you one way or the other.
  • I was going to stay out of this but the "truth" comment dragged me back in again.

that's different from saying that telling kids there is no god is science. Science says there is no proof of god.
    Ok. She should have told them there is no proof of god or Santa and told them they can believe in stuff there is no proof of (like man caused climate change) if they want to be weak minded imbeciles
  • I was going to make a comment about the god of the gaps (neil degrasse tyson has some good videos on this) but I changed my mind. It really just comes down to separation of church and state for me. Keep religion at home in the privacy of your own home, no need to bring it to school with you one way or the other.

I was going to make a comment about the god of the gaps (neil degrasse tyson has some good videos on this) but I changed my mind. It really just comes down to separation of church and state for me. Keep religion at home in the privacy of your own home, no need to bring it to school with you one way or the other.

There is no law saying there is separation of church and state, only the first amendment which says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,746 Standard Supporter

Science also can't say with certainty there isn't.

That was implied. If you followed my argument you'd know that

Ok. She should have told them there is no proof of god or Santa and told them they can believe in stuff there is no proof of (like man caused climate change) if they want to be weak minded imbeciles
    You sound bitter
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,371 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm still confused why Race wants math and science taught in this Reading class.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited October 2015

OZONE said:

The KKK must be outraged.

I remember when liberals used to get upset when civil rights were trampled by Government.
    Since when is believing in a fairy tale a civil right?

Either way, some civil rights are over rated.

If we had left Sadam in power, to suppress the rights of ISIS members, things would be better over there.

I for one, am glad that we suppressed the rights of our own radicals, such as the KKK.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,084 Founders Club
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

I remember when liberals used to get upset when civil rights were trampled by Government.
    Since the 1st Amendment. But how is OZONE a bad poster?
    Dude, I wasn't done editing my post. You shouldn't be so eager and quick to stalk me.
    OZONE said:

Dude, I wasn't done editing my post. You shouldn't be so eager and quick to stalk me.

Uh huh. Edited 2 minutes after I corrected your dumbfuckery.

• HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Since when is a man identifying as a woman or a caucasian identifying as a black a civil right?
    PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

Have you found a job yet? Have to tell you, fixing my editing errors isn't going to pay well.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,746 Standard Supporter

That was implied. If you followed my argument you'd know that
    I was augmenting your implication.

Irregardless schools should stay out of that shit. And vice versa for the most part. Except if the hot English teacher wants to dress up like an elf for Christmas, then I'm down with that.
    OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

Have you found a job yet? Have to tell you, fixing my editing errors isn't going to pay well.
    Why would I get a job when Obama will pay me to sit on my fat ass and vote Dem?
    PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

Why would I get a job when Obama will pay me to sit on my fat ass and vote Dem?
    He pays you to sit on your fat ass?

As to why you might want a job, its so that you can live a better life. I doubt anybody living off of entitlements is enjoying it -- but with a (good) job, you can actually have a lot of fucking fun in this live. Travel a lot, eat at the Met, fuck a lot of women, fly your flying boat, etc.