Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vegas o/u at four wins for a reason

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dongman said:

Way overstated. There should be concern how someone can let a clock burn with 5 min left down by a score and take 35 seconds between plays.

There should be concern when a skill player proves time and time again he is better than others and can gash a defense, and that skill player is sat while the offense moves from that scheme.

Older players and teams usually win, but that doesn't mean younger players have to play like total shit or be completely inept. And they shouldn't have their best opportunity to win snuffed out by the retard that is supposedly coordinating them.

There should be concern but I don't understand why everyone is preparing to self-immolate.

FTFY
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

Here's why Smith has to be fired:

There's no identity or plan of an offensive system.

For those saying that that's on Petersen, that's fine. If Smith was an established OC with balls he'd tell his boss to his FACE that the offense needed an identity and would design one accordingly.

So whether he had the balls or not to stand up to his boss or he's just incompetent, either way, he's in over his head as OC.

I'm seeing improvement. Too little too late? Maybe. Should he have been the OC originally? No. Can he be the right guy going forward? Maybe.
    It's taken almost 20 games to see anything resembling progress, and I'm not sure that the progress we've seen is anything that couldn't be attributed to random chance. He had no business getting this job, and I've seen nothing in the last two years to lead me to believe he should keep it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

Here's why Smith has to be fired:

There's no identity or plan of an offensive system.

For those saying that that's on Petersen, that's fine. If Smith was an established OC with balls he'd tell his boss to his FACE that the offense needed an identity and would design one accordingly.

So whether he had the balls or not to stand up to his boss or he's just incompetent, either way, he's in over his head as OC.

I'm seeing improvement. Too little too late? Maybe. Should he have been the OC originally? No. Can he be the right guy going forward? Maybe.
    If you give someone enough responsibility and time to prove whether or not they know how to do their job, you'll know whether or not they can do it or not.

The built in excuses for Smith were there ... it's a perfect training wheel gig to get some experience with not a ton of built in expectations.

Only problem was that he's been an unmitigated disaster during that time period.

The "maybe" that you point to may be enough to eventually get him to average ... but that's unlikely in my mind. When you are trying to contend for championships, you don't settle for "maybe" average.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our defense is good? Fuck off!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dongman said:

Way overstated. There should be concern how someone can let a clock burn with 5 min left down by a score and take 35 seconds between plays.

There should be concern when a skill player proves time and time again he is better than others and can gash a defense, and that skill player is sat while the offense moves from that scheme.

Older players and teams usually win, but that doesn't mean younger players have to play like total shit or be completely inept. And they shouldn't have their best opportunity to win snuffed out by the retard that is supposedly coordinating them.

Down 2 scores, the most important thing is to make sure you get the game down to 1 score. Have to walk before you run. Scoring with 3-4 minutes left on the clock wasn't the problem. It was having to burn the 2nd timeout because of a huge substitution error (stemming from going goal line on 2nd down and getting a negative play forcing a mass substitution on 3rd down) and burning a timeout earlier in the half when not necessary. Even as executed, a 3 and out by the defense allows for plenty of time.

Also, if it is not completely evident at this point that Gaskin is the ONLY legitimate running threat that the coaches feel comfortable with at RB, then I can't help you. Washington hasn't shown an ability to do much of anything this year in the run game (save the California game) and has shown most of his ability in the passing game. The rest of the RB depth at this point is described as at best JAGs.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Vegas also knows who the coach is and takes that into consideration.

They don't believe in peterman
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    8 wins - Miley - Ross - only veteran OL = 4 wins.
    Vegas computers solved this offense early.
    We can still beat OSU, unless Smith gets nostalgic for Beavers.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/conferences/statistics/team/_/stat/total/year/2015/id/9/pac-12-conference

But this offense is 2008 bad. Going to need a new WR, TE, QB, and O coaches. These coaches can't get this slightly, above-average talent in the Pac to do much.