Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OMFG.... Utah +6.5, +220

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    When a spread is that obvious I'm scared to bet it, something is up. USC wins this game big
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

When a spread is that obvious I'm scared to bet it, something is up. USC wins this game big

This. It seems too easy. The one thing Utah has is a good running game and USC is Charmin soft up front. I would think Utah would run it down their throat and USC will fold, but who knows.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Disagree.

I was pressing 3 units earlier in the week when it was +3.5. I expect Utah to win outright.

Remember, LA might be 10x the market SLC is, and the Mormons aren't a betting populace. This move is all about the volume of money in LA pushing the line and the books desperately trying to balance the wagers.

I doubled down.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    pawz said:

Disagree.

I was pressing 3 units earlier in the week when it was +3.5. I expect Utah to win outright.

Remember, LA might be 10x the market SLC is, and the Mormons aren't a betting populace. This move is all about the volume of money in LA pushing the line and the books desperately trying to balance the wagers.

I doubled down.
    Pawz you need to up your level of analysis or you're going to go broke.

Casual fan money isn't enough to move a college football line let alone past multiple key numbers.

The line moved very fast early this morning's somebody who the books respect bet A LOT on USC. Or maybe a popular handicapper released it as a pick.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I'd go with Utah now in the second half wager.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712

pawz said:

Farm. Bet it

Do you need a place to stay tonight or at least until you get back on your feet?
    I'm down to the felt Knish. I lost everything. My case money, my tuition...
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

This. It seems too easy. The one thing Utah has is a good running game and USC is Charmin soft up front. I would think Utah would run it down their throat and USC will fold, but who knows.
    You forgot the Travis Wilson factor
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

pawz said:

Farm. Bet it

Do you need a place to stay tonight or at least until you get back on your feet?
    Don't splash the pot.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Give pawz a break, its not like every dipshit poster on this bored with half a brain has been saying Utah sucks for weeks
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited October 2015
    I admire Measle's courage. At least he sticks his neck out there.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Disagree.

I doubled down.

Casual fan money isn't enough to move a college football line let alone past multiple key numbers.

The line moved very fast early this morning's somebody who the books respect bet A LOT on USC. Or maybe a popular handicapper released it as a pick.
    As some of you know, I used to play poker online for a living back in the day. But I consider myself to be a novice sports bettor at best.

Further, I have no problem looking like the clown when I earn it. But in this case, I think there is a lot results oriented thinking going on.

I liked Utah A LOT at +3.5. It was easy to view them as the class of the Pac, leading up to tonights game. My view the whole way was that the LA money was pushing that line (creating value for me), and that USC was incorrectly the favorite to win, let alone cover.

When I doubled-down, I asked myself specifically, what are the chances that USC win's by 7 or more? My answer was 10-15% of the time. If that estimation is correct, I'll make a lot of money in the long run.

Now if in that analysis, I'm missing a key element that the big money, pro sports-bettor knew, I'm open to be educated.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Disagree.

I doubled down.

Now if in that analysis, I'm missing a key element that the big money, pro sports-bettor knew, I'm open to be educated.
    Steve left town.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2015

pawz said:

Farm. Bet it

I only lost 80% of my to-date profit on the CFB season. In other words, house money.

Plus, it's not an amount of money that I care about. Which is also why I talk about it in terms of units.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Disagree.

I doubled down.

Steve left town.
    But Notre Dame.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Lastly .... but nobody remembers when I was right. <------- (75kwinkyface)

For example, this week I had:

Oklahoma to cover -14.5
    LSU to cover -17
    UW to cover +18
    UW/Stan UNDER 47.5

The only other wager I lost was Cal +158. My problem was I was too heavily leveraged on Utah.