Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OMFG.... Utah +6.5, +220

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    For fuck's sake, what did this thread turn into? Ramblings about some fag's online sports book habits? Christ almighty.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    pawz said:

pawz said:

When a spread is that obvious I'm scared to bet it, something is up. USC wins this game big

Disagree.

I was pressing 3 units earlier in the week when it was +3.5. I expect Utah to win outright.

Remember, LA might be 10x the market SLC is, and the Mormons aren't a betting populace. This move is all about the volume of money in LA pushing the line and the books desperately trying to balance the wagers.

I doubled down.
    Pawz you need to up your level of analysis or you're going to go broke.

Casual fan money isn't enough to move a college football line let alone past multiple key numbers.

The line moved very fast early this morning's somebody who the books respect bet A LOT on USC. Or maybe a popular handicapper released it as a pick.
    As some of you know, I used to play poker online for a living back in the day. But I consider myself to be a novice sports bettor at best.

Further, I have no problem looking like the clown when I earn it. But in this case, I think there is a lot results oriented thinking going on.

I liked Utah A LOT at +3.5. It was easy to view them as the class of the Pac, leading up to tonights game. My view the whole way was that the LA money was pushing that line (creating value for me), and that USC was incorrectly the favorite to win, let alone cover.

When I doubled-down, I asked myself specifically, what are the chances that USC win's by 7 or more? My answer was 10-15% of the time. If that estimation is correct, I'll make a lot of money in the long run.

Now if in that analysis, I'm missing a key element that the big money, pro sports-bettor knew, I'm open to be educated.
    Pawz it was 14-14 when I posted that.

I also used to play poker professionally. I don't really care what the result of the game was I just spotted a poor process and thought I would offer my advice.

If you want to hear it great but maybe you have to learn on your own.

It wasn't "LA money" moving that line. Period.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

When a spread is that obvious I'm scared to bet it, something is up. USC wins this game big

Disagree.

I was pressing 3 units earlier in the week when it was +3.5. I expect Utah to win outright.

Remember, LA might be 10x the market SLC is, and the Mormons aren't a betting populace. This move is all about the volume of money in LA pushing the line and the books desperately trying to balance the wagers.

I doubled down.
    Pawz you need to up your level of analysis or you're going to go broke.

Casual fan money isn't enough to move a college football line let alone past multiple key numbers.

The line moved very fast early this morning's somebody who the books respect bet A LOT on USC. Or maybe a popular handicapper released it as a pick.
    As some of you know, I used to play poker online for a living back in the day. But I consider myself to be a novice sports bettor at best.

Further, I have no problem looking like the clown when I earn it. But in this case, I think there is a lot results oriented thinking going on.

I liked Utah A LOT at +3.5. It was easy to view them as the class of the Pac, leading up to tonights game. My view the whole way was that the LA money was pushing that line (creating value for me), and that USC was incorrectly the favorite to win, let alone cover.

When I doubled-down, I asked myself specifically, what are the chances that USC win's by 7 or more? My answer was 10-15% of the time. If that estimation is correct, I'll make a lot of money in the long run.

Now if in that analysis, I'm missing a key element that the big money, pro sports-bettor knew, I'm open to be educated.
    Pawz it was 14-14 when I posted that.

I also used to play poker professionally. I don't really care what the result of the game was I just spotted a poor process and thought I would offer my advice.

If you want to hear it great but maybe you have to learn on your own.

It wasn't "LA money" moving that line. Period.
    I actually do want to hear it. I'm an open book (pun not intended).

Not sure how you interpreted my post as arrogance.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    MisterEm said:

I admire Measle's courage. At least he sticks his neck out there.

lol

He's courageous in a Caitlyn Jenner sort of way.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

MisterEm said:

lol

I don't have the courage to cut off my junk.

HTH
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    pawz said:

dflea said:

MisterEm said:

lol

HTH
    Either does Jenner ...
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    topdawgnc said:

pawz said:

dflea said:

MisterEm said:

lol

HTH
    Either does Jenner ...
    *Neither.