Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A thought re: the Seahawks

2»

Comments

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

mobey said:

dnc said:

Pete will be coaching a NFL team in LA next year. Cook it!

I know you're being sarcasmic, but no fucking chance he's leaving Paul Allen's checkbook and the system he's established in Seattle to go rebuild somebody. Pete does things too differently from the rest of the league, even if a good team moves to LA it's not going to be the team Pete wants.

Coach stays until he retires.
    In fact the more likely scenario would be Schneider going to the Pack.
    Far far more likely
    But, then he'd have to live in Green bay... In a dying market... without the richest owner in sports... and the freedom to do WETFHW
    I didn't say it would happen, I just said it's far more likely than Carroll leaving the Seahawks. Schneider *might* go the Pack in the same way that we thought Mora *might* come to UW. Leaving a better job for a worse one just because you love the worst one. It's not likely, but it could happen. There's no chance Carroll leaves for anything but retirement.
    Is Schneider really that good? When Carroll came out of college he had a ton of scouting reports on all the draftees when he was trying to recruit them to USC. Since then, the Hawks drafts have been pretty meh. Also, he generally tends to spend way too much on trades.

I think his best attribute is signing undervalued guys to below market contracts, but even those are backfiring now because of holdout demands (Chancellor, Bennett).

As long as Paul Allen stays owner and if they can keep Petey on board as some kind of executive after he retires I think those two things would be more important than keeping Schneider as GM.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

mobey said:

dnc said:

Pete will be coaching a NFL team in LA next year. Cook it!

I know you're being sarcasmic, but no fucking chance he's leaving Paul Allen's checkbook and the system he's established in Seattle to go rebuild somebody. Pete does things too differently from the rest of the league, even if a good team moves to LA it's not going to be the team Pete wants.

Coach stays until he retires.
    In fact the more likely scenario would be Schneider going to the Pack.
    Far far more likely
    But, then he'd have to live in Green bay... In a dying market... without the richest owner in sports... and the freedom to do WETFHW
    I didn't say it would happen, I just said it's far more likely than Carroll leaving the Seahawks. Schneider *might* go the Pack in the same way that we thought Mora *might* come to UW. Leaving a better job for a worse one just because you love the worst one. It's not likely, but it could happen. There's no chance Carroll leaves for anything but retirement.
    Is Schneider really that good? When Carroll came out of college he had a ton of scouting reports on all the draftees when he was trying to recruit them to USC. Since then, the Hawks drafts have been pretty meh. Also, he generally tends to spend way too much on trades.

I think his best attribute is signing undervalued guys to below market contracts, but even those are backfiring now because of holdout demands (Chancellor, Bennett).

As long as Paul Allen stays owner and if they can keep Petey on board as some kind of executive after he retires I think those two things would be more important than keeping Schneider as GM.
    I completely agree about Petey, but evidence points to Schneider being really good.