Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen and Smith

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
Petersen's comment awhile back about finding the best way to attack a defense left me shaking and vomiting. What's wrong with having a team that does the same thing every week? That's what the best offenses do. You know you have a shitty coaching staff when the head coach and OC talk about being more "stubborn" in the run game.

Jonathon Smith days after the Cal game : I think at times we could’ve been more stubborn in the run game as I look at it.

Petersen after the USC game : “I think we were a little more stubborn with it, just kinda kept sticking to it. We kinda made a decision to be more stubborn which I thought was a good decision because you have to give it a chance.

These assholes would never talk about being stubborn in the pass game. Using the word stubborn about running the football is nauseating. Doing what has worked is considered stubborn? Stubborn is sticking with your fucking horrible offense Petersen, even after it has sucked for four fucking years! Stubborn is still trying to be balanced when for the last three weeks we ran the ball well, but the passing game sucked.

I'm telling you, they might be polar opposites, but Pete and Sark both want, or in Sark's case wanted, to be seen as offensive geniuses with innovative schemes and play calling. Both have balanced offenses, but deep down they want to air it out.

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Pete was a college QB and WR coach at Oregon way back when...
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Houhusky said:

This is one of the reasons why I generally fucking hate having former QBs or QB coaches doing the play calling.

(looks at Mark Helfrich and Scott Frost)

Agreed.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,685 Founders Club
    Smith should be fired but won't because his boss loves him. Who needs to pressure the head coach? Well that would be Woodward but he obviously feels no heat from his boss who is the dyke version of Rachel Dolezel. Dawg fans are fucked.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Smith should be fired but won't because his boss loves him. Who needs to pressure the head coach? Well that would be Woodward but he obviously feels no heat from his boss who is the dyke version of Rachel Dolezel. Dawg fans are fucked.

Smith will be gone, but I still don't care. There is no way he is allowed back after two years of having the worst offense in the Pac 12. I doubt a coordinator has ever survived that, at any school.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    topdawgnc said:

Right now Washington is 11th in the league for rushing attempts.

Ahead of only Wazzu.

Right behind USC.

Last year they were second to only Oregon.

Some of that has to do with how few plays the Huskies run, but it also has to do with these assholes being enamored with their new Kellen Moore.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    jecornel said:

Stubborn is what Sark did with the passing game. Continuing to force the running game isn't being stubborn, it's being patient. You have that ability when you have a defense of Washington's calibur. The defense keeps you in the game, and in the second half, when the opponent is tired out, you have your way with them. This has been the Stanford blue print since Harbaugh arrived. It's especially ideal when you have a quarterback that isn't yet ready to win you football games. But don't ask me, I'm just an unemployed basement dweller, living on free rent and endless Hot Pockets.

You should be proud of your living situation. In all seriousness.
    Where do I sign up? Is there some kind of Hot Pocket for life lotto game in Washington now? My sweatpants just grew slightly
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    Pete thought he was finding Kellen part two in Browning. Browning threw the ball more than anyone in the country in high school, and that won't work here. Jeff Lockie or the OSU fag qb could have optioned UW to a win probably.

Not only did the coaches set out a game plan that wasn't good, it was bad enough to highlight all the weaknesses while shutting down anything that worked.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,473
    i have a message for smith and petermen:

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    We averaged 6 yards per play ... this was our best offensive performance of the year outside of Utah State (not counting Sac St)