Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN SEC audio-visual scam

puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
edited October 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
Puppy been following this ESPN-SEC courtesy reach-around for some time, but felt necessary to finally bring it to the table. Mostly because there's a prime example unfolding right before our pac12 eyes and ears.

ESPN pushes SEC crowd, band noise, along with the best lighting, videography, best angles, closeups etc...

The audio between espn pac12 games and SEC games is night and fucking day. Even the same time slots are strikingly different between both conferences.

The crowd-band audio is so obviously different. Pay attention you deaf blind fuckers, you'll notice. I get prime time vs 7:30, but even if times were flipflopped, the SEC game would have massive audio-visual ESECPN advantage @7:30 too. The band mic is as loud as pumped up crowd mic. Crowd mic is laughably enhanced.

listen-watch kentucky/auburn and stanford-ucla. Anything to give the SEC an advantage. Same people already led dipshits like purple to believe that the SEC has better players, better defenses, better stadiums, better tailgates, better conferences, better recruits (even though best players come from florida (not a SEC state), texas and California).

Oh, unranked and hapless Auburn will jump back in to top 20 with a hard faught win over the Kentucky hoops team. Just watch.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,434 Swaye's Wigwam
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Speaking of audio/visual..... Is the ESPN feed cutting out terribly with audio and visual like once a minute during this Auburn/Kentucky game?
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    I watched and listened to Utah-Cal prime time ESPN. Sounded like a Lake Washington vs Mercer Island game. Embarrasing. Couldnt hear crowd, never heard the band and could hear players talking smack. SEC games you cant hear the commentators. Good thin brent turdburger took a job with SEC network, incidentally ruining his career
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Using artificial crowd noise to inflate the collective self-worth of a fanbase?
    Oh shit, he may be on to something.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Any post using reach-around gets an up vote from me.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Seriously, anyone out there experiencing the feed cutting out on this game?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,515 Founders Club
    I wouldn't put it past them to do some of those things, but I haven't noticed it.
    There's also cBS' motto for the SEC: "The best games on the best network."

Sure, maybe in 2010. The best conference didn't get any team past the semi-final last year.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,515 Founders Club
    edited October 2015

Seriously, anyone out there experiencing the feed cutting out on this game?

Okay on my end. Maybe Cox Cable isn't totally worthless.

I've been in and out of the living room though.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

Puppy been following this ESPN-SEC courtesy reach-around for some time, but felt necessary to finally bring it to the table. Mostly because there's a prime example unfolding right before our pac12 eyes and ears.

ESPN pushes SEC crowd, band noise, along with the best lighting, videography, best angles, closeups etc...

The audio between espn pac12 games and SEC games is night and fucking day. Even the same time slots are strikingly different between both conferences.

The crowd-band audio is so obviously different. Pay attention you deaf blind fuckers, you'll notice. I get prime time vs 7:30, but even if times were flipflopped, the SEC game would have massive audio-visual ESECPN advantage @7:30 too. The band mic is as loud as pumped up crowd mic. Crowd mic is laughably enhanced.

listen-watch kentucky/auburn and stanford-ucla. Anything to give the SEC an advantage. Same people already led dipshits like purple to believe that the SEC has better players, better defenses, better stadiums, better tailgates, better conferences, better recruits (even though best players come from florida (not a SEC state), texas and California).

Oh, unranked and hapless Auburn will jump back in to top 20 with a hard faught win over the Kentucky hoops team. Just watch.

Florida is not an SEC SEC SEC SEC state?

The gators disagree.
  • SC_Haden_FruedeSC_Haden_Fruede Member Posts: 151
    Why is this man smiling?image
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    So is this the official game thread?
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    Yeah, the SEC crowds always seem to have a mic on them and a DJ playing with that crowd volume. A few of the biggest ACC games have been like this as well.
    There's what 50,000 Kentucky fans out there at best? Yeah...they're not going to be as loud without ESPN pushing that mic volume up.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    UK WRs so bad, even Mickens is laughing at them right now.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    edited October 2015
    Stoops doesn't suck. The Kentucky program is a lot better under him.

Edit: what a cluster fuck of a 4th down on the punt return. They only had 8 guys on the field. Surprised Malzan didn't just go for it with all the confusion.
    This hot SEC action is making me so hard...
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    Its better than playing on root sports and watching 480p cameras that have Vaseline smeared on them while Jason Gesser and Angie Mandick talk.
    WTF do you know, no specific band audio, no crisp clear crowd channel, no pageantry and the commentators, they dominate the space. all Jessee Palmer's smug mug. Away from the NFL production. No close-up dynamic-angle video, for fuck sakes my view Is from the 300 level
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 761

WTF do you know, no specific band audio, no crisp clear crowd channel, no pageantry and the commentators, they dominate the space. all Jessee Palmer's smug mug. Away from the NFL production. No close-up dynamic-angle video, for fuck sakes my view Is from the 300 level

Kentucky fans > Stanford fans. Water is wet. Take the tin foil hat off. ESPN is making that shithole tin can stadium sound 10x louder than it is. I can hear what the stadium announcer is saying for christsake.
    priapism said:

Yeah, the SEC crowds always seem to have a mic on them and a DJ playing with that crowd volume. A few of the biggest ACC games have been like this as well.
    There's what 50,000 Kentucky fans out there at best? Yeah...they're not going to be as loud without ESPN pushing that mic volume up.

Florida is not an SEC SEC SEC SEC state?

The gators disagree.
    Hey Lumpy, 2/3 > 1/3. Hint: I realize florida is in the sec but 2 other majors arent, hence not an 'SEC' state butterbutt