Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Canada

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

US is ranked 37th in overall care but first in expenditure. Healthscare is about 18% of GDP.

When you remove the expenses for those receiving free care and rerun the numbers, how do we rank?
    I don't know, but Single Payer would save a lot of money and eliminate that problem.
    You like to say that adding more bureaucracy to health care would make it cheaper. You do that.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

US is ranked 37th in overall care but first in expenditure. Healthscare is about 18% of GDP.

When you remove the expenses for those receiving free care and rerun the numbers, how do we rank?
    I don't know, but Single Payer would save a lot of money and eliminate that problem.
    You like to say that adding more bureaucracy to health care would make it cheaper. You do that.
    Do you have any convincing evidence as to why it works in every other 1st world country, but wouldn't work here?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Do you have any convincing evidence as to why it works in every other 1st world country, but wouldn't work here?
    Read your own thread.
  • Options
    I'll take that as a no.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You want an unbiased study for either side of the argument? Good luck. They're all funded by special interests groups. You want empirical evidence of how something similar would work in the US? Take a look at Medicare/Medicaid and the ACA. Medicare/Medicaid accounts for about 35% of healthcare spending, and most of it is on unnecessary operations pushed through by the guys making money off it.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

and most of it is on unnecessary operations pushed through by the guys making money off it.

All the more reason to get the for profit model out of our health care.

Like every other 1st world country has done.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

and most of it is on unnecessary operations pushed through by the guys making money off it.

All the more reason to get the for profit model out of our health care.

Like every other 1st world country has done.
    It's all fun and games until your doctors can't pay off their medical schooling and you lack the funding to do research into curing diseases.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I hope Hilldog comes for the guns just to troll the bored.
  • Options
    The funding to cure diseases would be bigger with big pharma and the insurance companies cut out of the pie.

No question education costs need to come down. I think Bernie has a plan for that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hope Hilldog comes for the guns just to troll the bored.

Her own party won't even elect her. Which is saying something. Ham sandwich and all that.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    OZONE said:

The funding to cure diseases would be bigger with big pharma and the insurance companies cut out of the pie.

No question education costs need to come down. I think Bernie has a plan for that.

Where can I get some of the free money you are giving out?
  • Options

OZONE said:

Who said anything about free money?

You guys act like this shit isn't already working in all of the other 1st world countries.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

Christ.
  • Options
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

You guys act like this shit isn't already working in all of the other 1st world countries.
    Oh, so you're just going to take more of my money to pay for this free shit.

At least you're honest.
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

At least you're honest.
    If you don't want to pay taxes, don't live in a first world country.
  • Options
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

At least you're honest.
    It sounds like you would make a great Canadian. Mulcair might be a bit too conservative for you, but you'll get over it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FREE PUB >>>>>> Free money
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

At least you're honest.
    It sounds like you would make a great Canadian. Mulcair might be a bit too conservative for you, but you'll get over it.
    The weather is better down here. And we will get there. The progressives will win. With guys like Trump and the Tea Party destroying the Republican party -- the progressives can't lose.
  • Options
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

At least you're honest.
    The weather is better down here. And we will get there. The progressives will win. With guys like Trump and the Tea Party destroying the Republican party -- the progressives can't lose.
    I'm hearing the weather in Mexico is even better.

LEAVE!

(you're right about Trump though, FTG)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam