Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaw vs Mora

2»

Comments

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2015
    7:30PM start time on a fucking Thursday is always special, CHRIST.
  • Options

Disclaimer: This thread is about analyzing tonight's game, and NOT about @roaddoogs pathological jealousy that he didn't get accepted to UCLA.

Not feeling good about tonight. Mora against Stanford

Pre-emptive to anyone who trolls me tonight: Fuck you.

Crisped it up for you.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

7:30PM start time on a fucking Thursday is always special, CHRIST.

Not quite as special next Thursday's 6pm kickoff Vs Cal. Rosebowl is much worse to get to in rush hour traffic than the coliseum.

But how is Larry Scott a fucktard?
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    With all the injuries and the innate coaching issues, UCLA's season is over.

#profileincourage
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll take the underachieving coach in this one

So a tie?
    Weren't you sucking off Mora a few weeks ago?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    TheGlove said:

#MyTrees

Anyone know if Ucla can stop the run? The super-jumbo formation?

I'm still having knightmares.

Bumpus
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Shaw is a good coach. He is about to wrap up his third conference title, which Harbaugh never accomplished once.

#myutes will keep it close but I like Hogan over Wilson in the CCG.

Doogs will tell everyone how Shaw sucks as he coaches in another Rose Bowl while Doog legends Peterman and Mora jockey to Fight Hunger.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Thursday night on ESPN.

Who ya got? I like UCLA but I have been horrid at picking games this season.

I've got Stanford 56-35. McCaffrey has a huge night.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2015

I have no idea how to read tonight, To paraphrase Ballbag, Broons have the effect of turning Shaw and Hogan into Harbaugh and Luck for whatever reason.

Lost in LA amongst the Sark circus is that the Broons have quietly had a rather crappy off-week since getting their shit pushed in by the Doovs, with a WR going doing for the year and Mora coming off defensive and crabby about the Jack "Fuck SKOOL" couch sale and playing FOOTBALL on a weekday.

I had been Brooning big-time about our (huh?) OL, but they were completely marginalized against ASSU (LOL!11!) and everything went (LOADED) south from there without a functional run game. To me, this is Mora's best chance to date to prove that he can lead UCLA away from their rich tradition of mediocrity.

All around weird vibe going on right now, I say 22-11 Broons.

Take all the screenshots you need... Mora will never be a championship coach. The one caveat is that he could MAYBE win the Pac 12 if every team loses 3 games, but he will never coach a team that is consistent enough to make the playoffs.

No great recruiting or assistant coaching will change that.
    I don't disagree.

He's basically the asshole frat guy to Sark's dumass frat guy. Mora is Johnny in Karate Kid. Looking good for a while before his inevitable demise (because Karma that's why) is his M/O.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Shaw is a good coach. He is about to wrap up his third conference title, which Harbaugh never accomplished once.

Doogs will tell everyone how Shaw sucks as he coaches in another Rose Bowl while Doog legends Peterman and Mora jockey to Fight Hunger.

YRYK. Shaw is easily the most underrated coach in the conference on this bored. He makes some dumb playcalls from time to time, but his teams are disciplined, prepared and TUFF. He's not a great coach until he wins something more than the Pac dreck, but he's a damn good coach.
    In the past, his play calling and redzone issues have single handedly lost them games and even cost them a natty shot. It was a pretty big problem, but it looks like it might be fixed now. Shaw has kept the Harbaugh train going which deserves some praise.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    We should beat Stanford at home next year.

They lose Hogan, Cajuste, Rector, and 4 starters off the OL.

They also lose 6 starters on D (after losing a lot last year but clearly had vets ready to take over).

I'm so glad we have Petersen over tuff guy Mora.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

YRYK. Shaw is easily the most underrated coach in the conference on this bored. He makes some dumb playcalls from time to time, but his teams are disciplined, prepared and TUFF. He's not a great coach until he wins something more than the Pac dreck, but he's a damn good coach.
    In the past, his play calling and redzone issues have single handedly lost them games and even cost them a natty shot. It was a pretty big problem, but it looks like it might be fixed now. Shaw has kept the Harbaugh train going which deserves some praise.
    I'm not as convinced that his in game issues are fixed, I just think he's so good at everything else that it covers most of that stuff. He's kept Stanford much better for much longer post Harbaugh than anyone could have realistically expected.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Wake me when Stanford beats a good team this year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wake me when Stanford beats a good team this year.

When I was watching last night they showed how Stanford has UW, WSU and some other shit team for the next three. "Should be able to get well on that schedule"

They also play like 5 or 6 freshman quarterbacks.

I like UW in this one