Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaw vs Mora

Thursday night on ESPN.

Who ya got? I like UCLA but I have been horrid at picking games this season.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sark has beat Stanford more than Mora

#HiBallbag
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    Stanford lives and dies with Hogan, and it's been good Hogan the last 3 games (79% comp, 6 TD, 1 INT) so I'm leaning toward Stanford here.

UCLA will be able to run on Stanford given Perkins is their TB and the injuries on Stanford's DL, but that won't be enough and they'll need Rosen to move the ball in a similar way to how Kessler moved the ball against Stanford last month. I can see him putting up similar numbers to the ASU game, which probably won't be enough to win tomorrow night.

The real issue for UCLA is their defense has had a bigger injury issue than Stanford, and they looked pedestrian against ASU. Hogan is better than Bercovici and McCaffery is better than Richard.

Stanford 34 - UCLA 17
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mccaffery isn't better than Richards, but other than that ok, sure. UCLA has really struggled against the run, so that's where Stanford should be focusing.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm taking the points. I think it will be close.
  • Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Stanford lives and dies with Hogan, and it's been good Hogan the last 3 games (79% comp, 6 TD, 1 INT) so I'm leaning toward Stanford here.

UCLA will be able to run on Stanford given Perkins is their TB and the injuries on Stanford's DL, but that won't be enough and they'll need Rosen to move the ball in a similar way to how Kessler moved the ball against Stanford last month. I can see him putting up similar numbers to the ASU game, which probably won't be enough to win tomorrow night.

The real issue for UCLA is their defense has had a bigger injury issue than Stanford, and they looked pedestrian against ASU. Hogan is better than Bercovici and McCaffery is better than Richard.

Stanford 34 - UCLA 17

Rather easily then?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Stanford to win, but hope ucla gets it done.

#DooginForTheNorth
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I always root for the north teams to planecrash.jpg
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'll take the underachieving coach in this one
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I'll take the underachieving coach in this one

So a tie?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    Whatever outcome helps create a rematch in the championship is what the Pac 12 wants.

So I vote for that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015

I have no idea how to read tonight, To paraphrase Ballbag, Broons have the effect of turning Shaw and Hogan into Harbaugh and Luck for whatever reason.

Lost in LA amongst the Sark circus is that the Broons have quietly had a rather crappy off-week since getting their shit pushed in by the Doovs, with a WR going doing for the year and Mora coming off defensive and crabby about the Jack "Fuck SKOOL" couch sale and playing FOOTBALL on a weekday.

I had been Brooning big-time about our (huh?) OL, but they were completely marginalized against ASSU (LOL!11!) and everything went (LOADED) south from there without a functional run game. To me, this is Mora's best chance to date to prove that he can lead UCLA away from their rich tradition of mediocrity.

All around weird vibe going on right now, I say 22-11 Broons.

Take all the screenshots you need... Mora will never be a championship coach. The one caveat is that he could MAYBE win the Pac 12 if every team loses 3 games, but he will never coach a team that is consistent enough to make the playoffs.

No great recruiting or assistant coaching will change that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mccaffery isn't better than Richards, but other than that ok, sure. UCLA has really struggled against the run, so that's where Stanford should be focusing.

"Heading into Thursday night’s game against No. 18 UCLA, McCaffrey, a sophomore, leads the Power 5 in all-purpose yardage (229.8 per game)."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/stanford-cardinal-christian-mccaffrey-rb-father-ed-david-shaw-mandel-101415
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter

I have no idea how to read tonight, To paraphrase Ballbag, Broons have the effect of turning Shaw and Hogan into Harbaugh and Luck for whatever reason.

Lost in LA amongst the Sark circus is that the Broons have quietly had a rather crappy off-week since getting their shit pushed in by the Doovs, with a WR going doing for the year and Mora coming off defensive and crabby about the Jack "Fuck SKOOL" couch sale and playing FOOTBALL on a weekday.

I had been Brooning big-time about our (huh?) OL, but they were completely marginalized against ASSU (LOL!11!) and everything went (LOADED) south from there without a functional run game. To me, this is Mora's best chance to date to prove that he can lead UCLA away from their rich tradition of mediocrity.

All around weird vibe going on right now, I say 22-11 Broons.

Up voted for Doovs and ASSU
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm debating going to this game or not.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Disclaimer: This thread is about analyzing tonight's game, and NOT about @roaddoogs pathological jealousy that he didn't get accepted to UCLA.

Not feeling good about tonight. With all the injuries we? seem like a ragged bunch defensively, and Stanford is playing well. But I have a hunch Stanfords Defense is actually shit. Either way...

Pre-emptive to anyone who trolls me tonight: Fuck you.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #MyTrees

Anyone know if Ucla can stop the run? The super-jumbo formation?

I'm still having knightmares.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disclaimer: This thread is about analyzing tonight's game, and NOT about @roaddoogs pathological jealousy that he didn't get accepted to UCLA.

Not feeling good about tonight. With all the injuries we? seem like a ragged bunch defensively, and Stanford is playing well. But I have a hunch Stanfords Defense is actually shit. Either way...

I don't get a shout out?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

"Heading into Thursday night’s game against No. 18 UCLA, McCaffrey, a sophomore, leads the Power 5 in all-purpose yardage (229.8 per game)."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/stanford-cardinal-christian-mccaffrey-rb-father-ed-david-shaw-mandel-101415
    Yeah, well, he's white, so...
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I don't get a shout out?
    FO, RB xoxo