Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip Kelly-to-USC rumors are heating up after Steve Sarkisian firing

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's one of the top jobs in the country.

It is, and yet, they don't draw the long line of in-demand coaches when their gig opens up. Do you remember how they wound up with PC? He was like, third choice man. How do you think they wound up with Sark, other than Hayden being an idiot?

For whatever reason, people don't flock to that job. I know why Miami struggles ... stadium, money and fans. Not sure what the deal is with SC.
    I think a lot of coaches don't have the GUTS to take the job. Had Sark been sober and have an IQ above 70 he wouldn't have.

Carroll is a cocky SOB which is why he left there to go back to the NFL where he had been fired twice. McKay was another very confident person.

One thing this bored has made me realize is that most coaches really are stupid and timid and lack the chutzpah to take a real risk like a prime job.

Saban or Meyer would take the job but they already have it.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Doogles said:

All these giant names being thrown around really puts into perspective how lucky Sark was to have that gig. Down the bottle, down the drain. I wouldn't be surprised if the embarrassment of it all doesn't push him off the edge. He's in the hazy hangover, anxiety withdrawal stage....wait until the remorse hits him and he realizes just how badly he fucked up. RIP.

He truly did fuck up.

If you go back one step ... he fucked up leaving Washington.

If he could have dried up and stayed sober that was a gravy train.

No pressure, 8 wins a year and a Holiday Bowl loss is considered a huge success

... best part of the country to live in.

What an asshole.