Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip Kelly-to-USC rumors are heating up after Steve Sarkisian firing

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    1) he has a contract

2) he's got all the power he needs after this summer, he's nuked that team and built it in is pear-shaped image, i doubt he bolts after doing that

c) he had one booster to please at oregon, he's going to have over 9000 at SC to gladhand
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2015
    Obligatory .. #1) on your list belongs at doogman. #Buyout.

The other two points are valid, but if he keeps losing, Philly will make him available.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

1) he has a contract

2) he's got all the power he needs after this summer, he's nuked that team and built it in is pear-shaped image, i doubt he bolts after doing that

c) he had one booster to please at oregon, he's going to have over 9000 at SC to gladhand

The SC boosters will fuck off as long as you win.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Chip is arrogant, intelligent and allwhatelse, but he is not a fool. Who the hell would want that Trojan job?
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    The One Who Never Says No To Desert is too arrogant to leave the Sixers this season and they'd be too embarrassed to fire him so it's a mute subject.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'll be OK if I don't hear any more Chimp rumors until Xmas
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    pretty obvious now Chip to USC for big bucks
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All these giant names being thrown around really puts into perspective how lucky Sark was to have that gig. Down the bottle, down the drain. I wouldn't be surprised if the embarrassment of it all doesn't push him off the edge. He's in the hazy hangover, anxiety withdrawal stage....wait until the remorse hits him and he realizes just how badly he fucked up. RIP.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

All these giant names being thrown around really puts into perspective how lucky Sark was to have that gig. Down the bottle, down the drain. I wouldn't be surprised if the embarrassment of it all doesn't push him off the edge. He's in the hazy hangover, anxiety withdrawal stage....wait until the remorse hits him and he realizes just how badly he fucked up. RIP.

In my opinion, Sark is a cockroach. He will somehow survive and get either a plum OC job or be head coach of a WAC team.
    That's the alternative, I can definitely see him making fake amends and catching on somewhere, but it won't end well.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

He truly did fuck up.

If you go back one step ... he fucked up leaving Washington.

If he could have dried up and stayed sober that was a gravy train.

No pressure, 8 wins a year and a Holiday Bowl loss is considered a huge success

... best part of the country to live in.

What an asshole.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

1) he has a contract

The SC boosters will fuck off as long as you win.
    So do Oregon's three boosters ... and yet, he sucked at sucking their cocks. There is like ZERO question that the pressure to win at the University of South Central is appreciably higher than at Oregon and that you have manage a crowd down there.

I can't think of a worse cultural fit than Kelly at SC.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Doogles said:

He truly did fuck up.

If you go back one step ... he fucked up leaving Washington.

If he could have dried up and stayed sober that was a gravy train.

No pressure, 8 wins a year and a Holiday Bowl loss is considered a huge success

... best part of the country to live in.

What an asshole.
    This.
  • Options

It's one of the top jobs in the country.

It is, and yet, they don't draw the long line of in-demand coaches when their gig opens up. Do you remember how they wound up with PC? He was like, third choice man. How do you think they wound up with Sark, other than Hayden being an idiot?

For whatever reason, people don't flock to that job. I know why Miami struggles ... stadium, money and fans. Not sure what the deal is with SC.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam