Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worrying about SC and Oregon getting real coaches

DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
is stupid. It doesn't matter.

Being good doesn't mean being better than the rest of a shitty conference. It means beating good teams as well as bad teams. If you want to win championships, you have to beat good teams.

You think Ohio State fans are worried that Michigan has Harbaugh? Fuck no. They have Urban, so they expect to go beat the crap out of people, no matter who they are playing.

Worrying about everyone else is what losers do. Focus on winning, and it won't matter who you have to play.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LawDawg1 said:

Yeah, but still. A CEO once told me that Don James had it easy in the Pac 10.

Don James never had to play a ranked Twitter State .
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    dnc said:

Agreed.

OTOH, while Oregon and USC have Sloppy Slingblade there's no excuses for not taking advantage.

Totally agree with that part of it.

For others who may not understand, I'm referring to the "we will never be good if USC and/or Oregon are dominant" pants-pissing loser mentality.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I really enjoyed season 1 of USC Sark. It was full of hilarious moments. My favorite was obviously the Hail Mary at the end of regulation and the Boston College blunder.

Season 2 of USC Sark has been almost better than season 1 with the season premier starting with a great story about a coaches struggle with alcohol... Followed by two hilariously embarassing home losses.

I really hope they don't cut season 2 short. I hate when good shows don't get enough time to really mature.

This ain't the BBC, Haden!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Dardanus said:

dnc said:

Agreed.

OTOH, while Oregon and USC have Sloppy Slingblade there's no excuses for not taking advantage.

Totally agree with that part of it.

For others who may not understand, I'm referring to the "we will never be good if USC and/or Oregon are dominant" pants-pissing loser mentality.
    Primarily fleshed out in the Predoubt/KJV/chipocrit/d2dFS calls for Emmert drop the hammer on said programs.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    edited October 2015
    it's stupid to worry about other coaches in general. There's not much you can do about it. Focus on winning the division and then making the RB.

Oregon is a special case though. They probably will level off around the late Brooks/Bellotti level. It makes me salivate to think about them falling on their faces and Autism Stadium being half full again while we kill them ala 2002 though.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,707 Founders Club
    I lead a miserable and pathetic life.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club