Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

petersen quote

2»

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited October 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

So Browning is the whipping boy this week? What happened to Petersen & Smith? It's hard to keep up with the whining bitches.

We're actually giving credit to smith this week, you should be happy. He put the players in the right situations to succeed last night, finally
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    All this Nega-Dawg energy is really bringing @HuskyInAZ down.

PTSD, shell shock, Ty-bot, #Bark4Sark, whatever you want to call it.

Give the dumb fuck a break before he angrily PMs Derek.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

In what universe would two games where a QB goes 33-60 for 289, 0 TD's and 3 picks get praise? If the subject is Browning, how should we comment on it @HuskyInAZ?

I agree with you. I come out of this with, he's going to get this dialed in...matter of faith. The inverse is, he sucks and will not improve. That might be where we differ
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

HuskyInAZ said:

So Browning is the whipping boy this week? What happened to Petersen & Smith? It's hard to keep up with the whining bitches.

He deserves criticism but it's the up and down nature of the board that gets to me sometimes. After Utah State, he was the savior. There was some meme or gif of him with sunglasses. Maybe some people have been consistent. I can't keep track of all of the fucktards here. I don't even remember what thread I was on 15 minutes ago.
    Good poonts but I'm pretty sure the Cobra memes were sarkastic.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Passion said:

That is the best news for Browning. He can get in the film room and see where he had touchdowns all night and learn from a win, not another loss.

This team should come out to a half filled Husky Stadium filled with tan and moss green Eddie Bauer clothing and curb stomp Oregon.

Time for Browning to make the plays

Kids all over America throw bombs in backyards and sandlots from the time they're old enough to pick up a football. How can a college QB consistently miss on so many open deep balls? Especially where the WRs clearly beat the DBs?

Good Christ.

I'm not sure you're in touch with America's youth anymore. Either your dad is a coach and you are a QB or you are that annoying kid that wants to challenge the QB.

Kids don't just go play shit anymore.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited October 2015
    EwaDawg said:

BlowItUp said:

the choosen one (rosen) and browning are essentially having identical years. it's what you get from tru frosh qbs

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating/year/2015/id/9/pac-12-conference

Browning has double the sacks and half the TD passes. But yes, other than having totally different statistical years - they are kind of similar.
    And Rosen was put into a slightly better position to succeed with the respective supporting casts. The sack and td statistics emphasize that point pretty well- they are completing about the same number of passes for about the same number of yards and they've been burned on an equal number of mistakes so why the stark difference in TDs and sacks? OL, Paul Perkins, WRs.

Going forward the yards per attempt is most predictive. But obviously neither will succeed in the long run if they don't continually improve.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    Once he settled down, Browning looked a little better. He had Locker face to start the game.

Not having a deep threat like Ross is hurting is too. Ross might've gotten those over throws.

Once he settled down, Browning looked a little better. He had Locker face to start the game.

Not having a deep threat like Ross is hurting is too. Ross might've gotten those over throws.

He had 3 WRs beat their man deep, and he couldn't hit them. A deep threat doesn't change that.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    edited October 2015

He had 3 WRs beat their man deep, and he couldn't hit them. A deep threat doesn't change that.
    The mere fact "we" took those shots down field were important.

Guess we all know the answer to why those shots weren't being taken earlier in the year.

I hope to hell "we" don't go back to not throwing. Browning will never hit those passes if he stops throwing deep.

There was one at the end the TE actually had ... but a good follow through by the defender knocked it out of his hands.

The kid is young, he was clearly shell shocked.

I'm excited for the win and even more excited to start pissing purple and shitting gold.
    topdawgnc said:

Guess we all know the answer to why those shots weren't being taken earlier in the year.

I hope to hell "we" don't go back to not throwing. Browning will never hit those passes if he stops throwing deep.

There was one at the end the TE actually had ... but a good follow through by the defender knocked it out of his hands.

I'm excited for the win and even more excited to start pissing purple and shitting gold.
    100% agree. Figure it out in practice and make those plays in games.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    topdawgnc said:

There were actually two that Perkins dropped like that, both balls were underthrown.

I'm not sure if it's encouraging that he doesn't overthrow everything or discouraging that he missed different ways.
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

There were actually two that Perkins dropped like that, both balls were underthrown.

I'm not sure if it's encouraging that he doesn't overthrow everything or discouraging that he missed different ways.
    The defender made a good play on the ball both times.

TUFF catch, IMHO.

Better passes would have helped.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Browning will be fine. He had a bad game absolutely. But the fact that he was just off is not that concerning to me. His strength from what I have seen in practices is his deep ball accuracy, so it was surprising to see him miss several throws. But the kid takes this shit seriously and wants to be great. He will get better.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Browning will be fine. He had a bad game absolutely. But the fact that he was just off is not that concerning to me. His strength from what I have seen in practices is his deep ball accuracy, so it was surprising to see him miss several throws. But the kid takes this shit seriously and wants to be great. He will get better.

Agree. Browning is good enough most of the time. That said, his wind up and mechanics were kind of Cyleresque last night.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    At least he was overthrowing guys rather than having to bring in Lindquist for any pass over 35 yards like that year.

I mostly chalk it up to adrenaline and inexperience...if he is still missing like that again vs. Arizona at home in a few more weeks, then it will be time to worry. They are very bad on D this year.