Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who Transfers Because of The New Offense?

2»

Comments

• jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

Guys who won't be here next year: Marvin Hall, Taniela Tupou, Jarrett Finau, Ryan McDaniel, Taylor Hindy, Corey Fuvai, Jeff Lindquist, Derrick Brown

Disagree on Tupou, Finau, and Lindquist. We don't have enough bodies inside on the DL to run those guys, even if they suck. I also doubt any of the QBs will transfer before next season, because Sark will wait until wait until sometime during fall camp to name a starter. I could see the rest of your list leaving the program.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing Hugh says that Lindquust should start over Miles.
  • jmc84 said:

Guys who won't be here next year: Marvin Hall, Taniela Tupou, Jarrett Finau, Ryan McDaniel, Taylor Hindy, Corey Fuvai, Jeff Lindquist, Derrick Brown

Disagree on Tupou, Finau, and Lindquist. We don't have enough bodies inside on the DL to run those guys, even if they suck. I also doubt any of the QBs will transfer before next season, because Sark will wait until wait until sometime during fall camp to name a starter. I could see the rest of your list leaving the program.
    Disagree on your reasoning for Lindquist. I believe he's already behind Miles(same grade) and behind Troy Williams(grade younger). He's gone if he wants to play at all.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Taylor shouldn't be suddenly seniored and he won't anyway bc Arizona is a state we need to maintain good ties in. Maybe McDaniel should be moved to LB. He has 3+ years left and was highly recruited. Agree with everyone else @bananasnblondes listed.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    jmc84 said:

No way Tupou and Finau make it to next year. Maybe one, but not both. I hear you about not having enough bodies on the DL, but I think we are recruiting JC guys because we know those guys can't play. If we need to fit incoming freshmen in, those guys will be some of the first to go.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Also I think it is obvious that we are all being whooshed by PL_SS.

disagree
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

No way Tupou and Finau make it to next year. Maybe one, but not both. I hear you about not having enough bodies on the DL, but I think we are recruiting JC guys because we know those guys can't play. If we need to fit incoming freshmen in, those guys will be some of the first to go.

So you saw that Tupou and Finau both played against Boise, right?
    TTJ said:

So you saw that Tupou and Finau both played against Boise, right?
    I did notice Tupou was in there, and I see in the participation report that Finau played as well. I still think at least one will be gone. I have never heard one bit of praise for them from Tosh, and a player told me first hand they suck. Supposedly, the offensive lineman, who aren't world beaters themselves, argue about who gets to go against Tupou in one on ones.

Other than Potaoe and Banks (who aren't any good, Banks didn't even play) the whole DL will be back next year. Add in Qualls and Farria and there's two more guys they will be behind. I know the coaches are going after some JC DL, especially at DT. The one or two JC guys we get will immediately jump Tupou and Finau. When you are a third string guy as a junior, the writing is on the wall. The coaches aren't going to keep non impact guys like those two around if they can get more talented guys. The only way they stay is if we strike out in DL recruiting.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
  • fadawgfadawg Member Posts: 7

I don't see any OL's being run out, at least not until there is a LOT more depth. Hindy and Fuvai are being groomed to be contributors in their 4th and 5th years, which is exactly what you want on the offensive line.
    fadawg said:

I don't see any OL's being run out, at least not until there is a LOT more depth. Hindy and Fuvai are being groomed to be contributors in their 4th and 5th years, which is exactly what you want on the offensive line.
    Very wishful thinking. Guys should be at least in the two deeps by their third year. I agree it is fine if guys don't start until their 4th and sometimes even 5th year, but these guys aren't even close to sniffing the field, and have gotten nothing but negative reports.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    MisterEm said:

Lockner.

Disagree. He'd be a great fit in Wilcox's defense.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Guys should be at least in the two deeps by their third year.

Didn't do so well in math, huh?