Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies Tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What changed? His position.

I like the position change too. A lot. But experience and maturity also matter. King should have been redshirted.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Kevin King has turned a corner. He was talking smack the entire time, backing it up, and USC had nothing to say about it. I like how Adoree Jackson was laughing on the sidelines after getting owned by him. That's what you do in a football game when you're embarrassed and have no other reaction to give.

He's played great. Absolutely great. He was good in coverage as a safety but wasn't physical enough in the box. I'm really glad they moved him. He can tackle in space and has been tested deep a few times already and has more than held his own.
    Don't be fooled by the position move. This dude would be good no matter where he played. 6'3" and is the one of the best athletes on the team. Pete and his staff have gotten to him. All he needed was coaching.

If you need a negative to this, it's to be worried if Pete will bring in OKG's that are like Qualls, Victor, and King. Those guys have the cocky Sark mindset, but are actually coached by a legit coaching staff that won't let them be frontrunning POS. Hopefully we keep bringing those guys in.
    I also completely disagree that the position change didn't matter.

He has always been 6'3" and one of the best athletes on the team. He still sucked. Even with the same coaching he got this year. He still sucked. He didn't improve at all last year.

This year it has been an exponential growth curve. The first couple games he had flashes but still looked tentative. I missed most the Cal game (thank god) but last night was the first time he looked truly elite.

What changed? His position.
    He's not elite, but he's a good player. I don't think he's looking like a completely different player simply because he's at CB. He doesn't have a messed up shoulder this year and is much more physical.