Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW vs Cal offensive recap

2»

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When I think of screen plays I think of soft pussies who can't block and routinely get tackled by blades of grass. Somehow the huskies are even worse than that
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is it sad that I actually remember watching that MMA fight at a buddy's apt on an illegal cable box in the early 90s. Shit was cool before Dana White and his damn rules and stuff.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Chip Kelly's Oregon teams ran bubble screens, I think that's all that has to be said on that. UW just sucks at all aspects of offense right now.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Here's what I got out of this thread: Mickens sucks.

Gotta get the ball to your "playmakers." Everyone says so.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Get McClatcher the fucking ball a few times.

Who?

Are you referring to mclutchens?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    When you look at the offense, where are the playmakers?

Washington is a playmaker and probably our most likely sudden threat to score. His weakness is that he can be very inconsistent and his variance in plays can be really wide. His high water plays are great and his low moments leave you scratching your head.

Generally speaking our WRs are pedestrian and full of JAGs compared to the rest of the conference. I saw some preview for the game that said that Mickens runs detailed and precise routes. That made me laugh. When our WRs get open, I feel like it is more driven by solid play design than anything that they do. We don't have a single WR that we look at at this point and feel comfortable throwing the ball to on a 3rd and 6 and feeling comfortable that they will out battle a CB for the ball on a 50/50 throw.

We do have some strengths at the TE position and I do think that we should see more of this in the offense. I do think that we've seen more from the TE position in the last 2 games. 6 of Perkins' 13 catches came in the last game. All 7 of Daniels' catches have come in the last 2 games. These 2 need to be looking at about 10 catches total per game and getting in the neighborhood of 12-15 targets per game.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Has Pettis suck or does he just not care?