Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we outlaw bazookas, then only outlaws will have bazookas

13»

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,320
    Ozone needs to be deported
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

A guy trying to hold off a classroom with a knife, probably won't have a lot of success.

I'm sure you can scale the concept up.

good poont

Stop trying to change the subject. This is about feel guud gun legislation to 1. Pretend we care in a personal way and 2. Pretend we've accomplished something... anything... well we have to #TRYANDDOSOMETHING!
    Yes because doing nothing has been successful. What if we do something and it saves 20 lives. Would that be worth it to be subject to a background check prior to buying any gun?
    How long have you been debating issues with yourself?

Why is it both sides you argue offer fucktarded reasoning?
    Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

A guy trying to hold off a classroom with a knife, probably won't have a lot of success.

good poont

Stop trying to change the subject. This is about feel guud gun legislation to 1. Pretend we care in a personal way and 2. Pretend we've accomplished something... anything... well we have to #TRYANDDOSOMETHING!
    Yes because doing nothing has been successful. What if we do something and it saves 20 lives. Would that be worth it to be subject to a background check prior to buying any gun?
    No. It wouldn't be worth it.

The single most important basic natural right that we as humans have is the right to life, meaning the right to be free from aggression, and to defend oneself from others (regardless of whether the aggressor is an individual, group, or "governmental" body) by any and all means necessary.

Anything done to limit that natural right to defend oneself is wrong.
    but what if me and my union prawmous to take care of you?
  • BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499

Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

good poont

No. It wouldn't be worth it.

The single most important basic natural right that we as humans have is the right to life, meaning the right to be free from aggression, and to defend oneself from others (regardless of whether the aggressor is an individual, group, or "governmental" body) by any and all means necessary.

Anything done to limit that natural right to defend oneself is wrong.
    but what if me and my union prawmous to take care of you?
    In that case, you've convinced me and I'll withdraw my position.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,370 Founders Club
    OZONE said:

Of course people will still be able to kill.

But a depressed 22 yo won't be able to kill 11 class mates in a fit of anger without a lot of advanced planning, by which time his fit of anger may pass.

He might take out 1 or 2. But he won't take out 11.

Your response is as insufficient as the rest.

Is this all this board has? No body brighter that can answer the question?

Why would anyone try to give you an answer? Your mind is made up. You like more government control in the name of safety. We get it. I'd rather do more blow than argue with someone who will NEVER change their mind. So fuck off.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,370 Founders Club

Ozone needs to be deported death by ruru.

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901

Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

This occurred to me today. Gun nuts say the same thing about guns all the time.

But if this fallacy were really true, why don't we see people running around and committing crimes today with bazookas?

Because the government has gone to great lengths to obtain and maintain the upper hand on the governed.
    Wat.

We are told that if we outlaw guns, then only outlaws (criminals) will have them and the rest of us will be victimized by all of these outlaws and their guns.

But why isn't that happening today with bazookas? They are outlawed. Why aren't outlaws running around with them committing crimes? I can't remember ever hearing of it.

If I was a criminal, I'd sure as fuck want bazooka for my criminal activity.
    If I were to go "Postal", so to speak, I feel a bazooka would be a tactically limited option of weaponry. What's my get away plan? After I blow up the principle's office, how long will it take me to reload and finish off the gym teacher? How many missiles can my teenage angst carry?

A shotgun, a few 9mms, and a backpack full of clips seems much more practical (and cheaper! I work at lasertag i'm not a millionaire dammit!)
    What about fully automatic weapons?
    What fully automatic weapons are available the public?

Most, you just have to have the right license.

https://youtu.be/9MBf_LvqUsQ
    Fucking storm troopers still didn't hit shit.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

good poont

We haven't done nothing. We have done a lot. Ozone pointed out in another thread that we need to go door to door and take all the guns and leave the government as the only body with guns.
    That is some serious twisting.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

good poont

How long have you been debating issues with yourself?

Why is it both sides you argue offer fucktarded reasoning?
    Now that's funny shit.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    Swaye said:

OZONE said:

But a depressed 22 yo won't be able to kill 11 class mates in a fit of anger without a lot of advanced planning, by which time his fit of anger may pass.

Why would anyone try to give you an answer? Your mind is made up. You like more government control in the name of safety.
    I mainly want fewer gun nuts out there with guns.

What's your solution?

The bazooka example was just a great way to refute the tired NRA argument about only criminals having guns if we outlaw guns.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,320
    OZONE said:

Swaye said:

OZONE said:

Why would anyone try to give you an answer? Your mind is made up. You like more government control in the name of safety.
    I mainly want fewer gun nuts out there with guns.

What's your solution?

The bazooka example was just a great way to refute the tired NRA argument about only criminals having guns if we outlaw guns.
    Chicago has one of the toughest gun laws in the country, and shooting deaths are up 20%. Take your bullshit somewhere else.
    I hear Syria has tuff gun control