Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we outlaw bazookas, then only outlaws will have bazookas

OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

This occurred to me today. Gun nuts say the same thing about guns all the time.

But if this fallacy were really true, why don't we see people running around and committing crimes today with bazookas?

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    OZONE said:

But if this fallacy were really true, why don't we see people running around and committing crimes today with bazookas?

I know you are being sarcastic, but it's only NRA gun nuts that talk about confiscating guns.
  • BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    OZONE said:

Because the government has gone to great lengths to obtain and maintain the upper hand on the governed.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Because the government has gone to great lengths to obtain and maintain the upper hand on the governed.
    Wat.

We are told that if we outlaw guns, then only outlaws (criminals) will have them and the rest of us will be victimized by all of these outlaws and their guns.

But why isn't that happening today with bazookas? They are outlawed. Why aren't outlaws running around with them committing crimes? I can't remember ever hearing of it.

If I was a criminal, I'd sure as fuck want bazooka for my criminal activity.

Pressing

Sounds like you are stumped.

Thought so.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

We are told that if we outlaw guns, then only outlaws (criminals) will have them and the rest of us will be victimized by all of these outlaws and their guns.

But why isn't that happening today with bazookas? They are outlawed. Why aren't outlaws running around with them committing crimes? I can't remember ever hearing of it.

If I were to go "Postal", so to speak, I feel a bazooka would be a tactically limited option of weaponry. What's my get away plan? After I blow up the principle's office, how long will it take me to reload and finish off the gym teacher? How many missiles can my teenage angst carry?

A shotgun, a few 9mms, and a backpack full of clips seems much more practical (and cheaper! I work at lasertag i'm not a millionaire dammit!)
    What about fully automatic weapons?
    Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

If I were to go "Postal", so to speak, I feel a bazooka would be a tactically limited option of weaponry. What's my get away plan? After I blow up the principle's office, how long will it take me to reload and finish off the gym teacher? How many missiles can my teenage angst carry?

A shotgun, a few 9mms, and a backpack full of clips seems much more practical (and cheaper! I work at lasertag i'm not a millionaire dammit!)
    Well at least you're trying, I'll give you that.

With a bazooka, you could take out the entire class in one shot. No reloads required.

And yet, we don't see ANYBODY using them in crimes.

Could it be because we've made them hard to get?

Hmmmmmmm
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_BKMccfoA

Just doesn't seem practical to me, although the idea of launching mortar rounds into the quad from an advanced position does have some appeal.
    2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

What fully automatic weapons are available the public?
    OZONE said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

With a bazooka, you could take out the entire class in one shot. No reloads required.

Hmmmmmmm
    "we've"

lol.
    Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

Hmmmmmmm
    "we've"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/we've
    Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

That's the point.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

Most, you just have to have the right license.

https://youtu.be/9MBf_LvqUsQ
    edited October 2015
    Those rednecks must have a hell of a lot to overcompensate for.
    edited October 2015
    OZONE said:

Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

That's the point.
    Huh? They aren't readily available, yet people still kill. Oregon has restrictive gun laws, yet people still kill. Illinois has restrictive gun laws, yet people still kill. New York has restrictive gun laws, yet people still kill. Murder is illegal, yet people still kill.
    Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

That's the point.
    Huh? They aren't readily available, yet people still kill. Oregon has restrictive gun laws, yet people still kill. Illinois has restrictive gun laws, yet people still kill. New York has restrictive......
    A guy trying to hold off a classroom with a knife, probably won't have a lot of success.

I'm sure you can scale the concept up.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

OZONE said:

Blackie said:

OZONE said:

Wat.

That's the point.
    Huh? They aren't readily available, yet people still kill. Oregon has restrictive gun laws, yet people still kill. Illinois has restrictive gun laws, yet people still kill. New York has restrictive......
    A guy trying to hold off a classroom with a knife, probably won't have a lot of success.

I'm sure you can scale the concept up.
    A school that can protect itself from nut jobs isn't going to be a target. I'm quite sure you can't grasp the concept.
    How many southerners does it take to miss the point?
    OZONE said:

How many southerners does it take to miss the point?

Your point is that of a fucking fucktarded fucktard.