Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How much would a real OC fix?

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
Let's say Petersen fires Smith today and hires some OC that a majority of the non-doogs here find acceptable.

How much does that fix?

Are we suddenly natty contenders? Are we still 3rd in the Pac-12 North?

What is a realistic expectation of where we should be without Smith besides wins again BSU and Cal and being 4-0 at this point?

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    Well....our confidence would be sky high after being 4-0 and having a productive offense.

All games except maybe Utah would look winnable.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,557 Swaye's Wigwam
    Nothing would change because peteyman is giving Smith the go ahead to do everything that is going on
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Probably a 9 or 10 win team. Borderline non-dreck.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    There must be something more to the story (ie beau refusing to be a coordinator) or this would have already happened.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Let's say Petersen fires Smith today and hires some OC that a majority of the non-doogs here find acceptable.

How much does that fix?

Are we suddenly natty contenders? Are we still 3rd in the Pac-12 North?

What is a realistic expectation of where we should be without Smith besides wins again BSU and Cal and being 4-0 at this point?

This team would be the last unbeaten team from the North with a good OC.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Baldwin could come in here as OC and turn that shit around in a heartbeat, offense in modern day football can be simple. His concepts work, just tell him to calm down the throw all the time shit and UW can roll. FUCK.

Taiwan Jones on the Raiders played RB for Baldwin at Eastern. He does air it out, but his teams are still successful on the ground.

My only worry for any OC is that Petersen will hire an OC that will stick with his schemes. I'm not sure what that would accomplish.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I just want a ground and pound ball control OC
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I wanted Baldwin for the OSu job when classy Reilly took off to classy Nebraska.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    A lot.

An example...everything wrong with our munchkin OC in one sentence. One long, run-on, trying to say everything and it coming out incoherent sentence (just like his offense):

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/huskies-insider-blog/article37216608.html

Practice, early introduction to SC here, and then also some fundamental work that we found we needed to do on Monday, after looking at ourselves for four games on Monday, we’ve worked on that as well as SC these last two practices.”

Funny thing is...I wasn't big on the Peterman hire, but I was wrong in part as to why. I thought he'd get the gimmicky offenses in and put up points, but I also thought that he wouldn't be able to change the culture or recruit that well, and he was dumb for bringing in a dumpster-fire of assistant coaches. The D coaches are fine, but the offensive coaches blow. Peterman never had to deal with that in his cushy BSU job, and I have my doubts he'll deal with it here before its too late (i.e. he should be laying the groundwork for an overhaul of the offensive coaching staff now). And if he doesn't, we'll flounder this year, struggle to a 7 win seasons the next couple of years and stay around 3rd or 4th in the Pac12 north until his BSU shiny wears off on the recruiting front and we start sinking again.

But maybe I'm wrong

BTW...why is the media such pussies that not a single one of them asks a simple question:

"Coach Pete...you've been here a season and a half. The defense and special teams have adapted well. On offense, it seems like your team has had the same struggles and explanations for them. At what point do you expect improvement, and if it doesn't improve by then do you think it goes to something deeper, either a fundamental problem with the offensive strategy itself or how that strategy is being coached?"

Wake up Jude or Caple...its the question everyone wants to ask. Put him on the spot...he gets paid enough for it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    A lot.

An example...everything wrong with our munchkin OC in one sentence. One long, run-on, trying to say everything and it coming out incoherent sentence (just like his offense):

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/huskies-insider-blog/article37216608.html

Practice, early introduction to SC here, and then also some fundamental work that we found we needed to do on Monday, after looking at ourselves for four games on Monday, we’ve worked on that as well as SC these last two practices.”

Funny thing is...I wasn't big on the Peterman hire, but I was wrong in part as to why. I thought he'd get the gimmicky offenses in and put up points, but I also thought that he wouldn't be able to change the culture or recruit that well, and he was dumb for bringing in a dumpster-fire of assistant coaches. The D coaches are fine, but the offensive coaches blow. Peterman never had to deal with that in his cushy BSU job, and I have my doubts he'll deal with it here before its too late (i.e. he should be laying the groundwork for an overhaul of the offensive coaching staff now). And if he doesn't, we'll flounder this year, struggle to a 7 win seasons the next couple of years and stay around 3rd or 4th in the Pac12 north until his BSU shiny wears off on the recruiting front and we start sinking again.

But maybe I'm wrong

BTW...why is the media such pussies that not a single one of them asks a simple question:

"Coach Pete...you've been here a season and a half. The defense and special teams have adapted well. On offense, it seems like your team has had the same struggles and explanations for them. At what point do you expect improvement, and if it doesn't improve by then do you think it goes to something deeper, either a fundamental problem with the offensive strategy itself or how that strategy is being coached?"

Wake up Jude or Caple...its the question everyone wants to ask. Put him on the spot...he gets paid enough for it.