Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chris Peterson

13»

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

2001400ex said:

Last week Petersen was a hero, second coming of the Dawgfather.. This week he's more like Gilby.

Popcorn.gif

It's incredible. People on here seriously want him fired or on a very hot seat RIGHT NOW. I could see it if they were 2-6, but not 2-2.
    Thats all well an good (2-2) but looking forward and gauging past performances under this staff its pretty obvious UW is totally and completely fucked.

@USC - L
    Oregon - L
    @Stanford - L
    Arizona - W?
    Utah - L
    @ASU - L

So through the first 7 conference games UW will likely go 1-6... Whoopty Fucking Doo

a 4 game conference losing streak is basically guaranteed over the next few weeks... beating Arizona or @ASU isnt going to be easy either...
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    doogville said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

I think Pete sticks with babushka.... Pete appears incredibly stubborn... his iron clad contract allows for it. He is bullet proof.

THIS is when we will really know what we have in Petersen
    Lol. This is Fleens level hyperbole.

I don't give two shits about coordinators. If you fire a coordinator, it doesn't necessarily mean you're tuff or smart (hi, Sark!).

Smith could literally hate platooning the running backs, but Pete tells him to do it. We have no fucking idea.

Pete's the CEO. It lies at his feet.
    You are right, Pete's the CEO.

As CEO, a paramount job is making key/critical decisions with regarding to people, particularly direct reports.

Firing Babushka after last year wasn't warranted. Very possible that you could/should have looked at his performance this year as being a huge factor on a go forward basis.

If Petersen is the right CEO of football, he observes what is going on and admits when he's made poor hiring decisions and then CORRECTS the hiring decisions that have been made.

Yes, Petersen is responsible for everything that goes on in the program. But to have a successful program, it MUST be done with support from his direct supports ... which means having high end assistant coaches and coordinators. On the defensive side of the ball, I think that's an observable fact at this point. You aren't seeing the same on the offensive side.

If Petersen isn't the right CEO of football, then he doubles down on the current trends and makes excuses or denies that there is a problem. In the end, that rarely works out well.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited September 2015
    Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

I think Pete sticks with babushka.... Pete appears incredibly stubborn... his iron clad contract allows for it. He is bullet proof.

THIS is when we will really know what we have in Petersen
    Lol. This is Fleens level hyperbole.

I don't give two shits about coordinators. If you fire a coordinator, it doesn't necessarily mean you're tuff or smart (hi, Sark!).

Smith could literally hate platooning the running backs, but Pete tells him to do it. We have no fucking idea.

Pete's the CEO. It lies at his feet.
    You are right, Pete's the CEO.

As CEO, a paramount job is making key/critical decisions with regarding to people, particularly direct reports.

Firing Babushka after last year wasn't warranted.

Vehemently disagree.

-Over his head when hired.
    -Over his head in-game 2014.
    -Still over his head in 2015.

The only way you retain a turd like that in your organization if he's bringing in something on the side (e.g. recruits, hookers, blow, patron)....and it's clear no recruit GAF about Boosh.