Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chris Peterson

Comments

• SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 287
    2001400ex said:

Last week Petersen was a hero, second coming of the Dawgfather.. This week he's more like Gilby.

Popcorn.gif

Pretty much this. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about one week. The offense played like dog shit (dawg shit?) on Saturday. Against Cal's fucking defense. That sucks, I get it. The QB is a true FR, 3/5 OL are FR and one is a SO, and the WR are a steaming pile of hot garbage. There are going to be more weeks like this one (or worse) this year before all is said and done. I'm still willing to LIFPO.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    jecornel said:

I think Pete sticks with babushka.... Pete appears incredibly stubborn... his iron clad contract allows for it. He is bullet proof.

THIS is when we will really know what we have in Petersen
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Yes rant. You sound like a little bitch this morning. Let it play out.
    jecornel said:

TTJ said:

jecornel said:

Pete will not win a PAC 12 championship in his five years at uw.

Cool rant, bro.
    Rant?
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    edited September 2015

PThe offense played like dog shit (dawg shit?) on Saturday.

I kept hoping that the dog (dawg?) had a diarrhea explosion all over his house on Saturday.... Since he named his dog (dawg?) after Sonny Dykes.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,685 Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

Schools are going to have to place some business sense on coaching contracts. The market is fucked up. AD's act like little pussies in negotiating high-paying, long-term deals for their coaches. Yes, looking directly at Pool Boy and Bull Moos. They are both on the hook for massive dollars to get rid of their shit hires.

You want the big bucks? Fine - you sacrifice long-term security. You want long-term security and 9 years to build it 'the right way'. Cool - smaller base, long-term deal with a substantial severance and big performance bonuses.

Can't have it both ways.

Sounds good on paper.

But the winners set the pace for the losers.

The winners of the world are willing to turn and burn until they find the right guy.

This forces the losers of the world to offer big money to get the next up and coming guy, problem is ... the losers never fire the guy.

Doog legends are born from this model.
    Agreed -either never fire or can't fire because the ADs hamstrung themselves trying to keep up with the Jones'. Or try to justify their shittingly horrible negotiating skills by somehow deluding themselves into thinking football coaches are a scarce commodity.

• huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    We have no OL this year except for the babies way out of their depth, and had no OL recruiting for 3 years. Pete knows this. It's a lost season. If he's playing the long game, then we should be happy with a shit faced season filled with dreckfest play calling, a firing of babushka at the end of it, and our real offensive scheme hidden until next year.

Still beating my meat.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,734 Founders Club
    Nobody was excited about beating two stiffs.

Except Doogs

HTH
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Alaska Airlines just gave UW 40 million dollars. That should cover an AD/Coach replacement.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    jecornel said:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/12/09/chris-petersen-guaranteed-4-million-in-final-year-of-deal-with-uw/

The best thing we have heard about Chris Peterson is that he is impacting people's lives. Not taking away from the main issue.

Sounds like you are academic yourself? White guilt about stealing money and teaching kids about micro aggressions?

Learn how to quote who you are talking to and then pop off
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/12/09/chris-petersen-guaranteed-4-million-in-final-year-of-deal-with-uw/

The best thing we have heard about Chris Peterson is that he is impacting people's lives. Not taking away from the main issue.

Sounds like you are academic yourself? White guilt about stealing money and teaching kids about micro aggressions?

Got it.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    jecornel said:

Houhusky said:

jecornel said:

Got it.
    Did you pull a sark and "accidentally" mix your Quaaludes with your normal cocktail of jager and benadryl this morning?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

The idea that Woody should be on the hot seat is where the focus should be. You can question Pete all you want, but his refusal to move on from Lorenzo is a terminatable offense in my book

Wake me up when Pete gets on LoRo's level.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,481
    PurpleJ said:

LIPO. He gets 3 years from me. Probably at least 4 no matter what in reality, because of the precedent our fucktarded AD has set. The man you want to fire right now is Woody. Get a real AD who will tell Pete to win or get fucked.

I said from the beginning I'll give him three seasons, so I'm hanging tough in the LIPO mode as well. I shouldn't be surprised because of what Husky Football has become (i.e. 21st Century Husky Football; a.k.a. the Marinerization of Husky Football), but Petersen's numerous coaching errors during game time is embarrassing and has left me wondering how in the fuck this guy won as many games as he did. I know what conference(s) Boise Community College was/is in and all that crap, but still. @Jesus_H_Christ !

I agree UW needs an AD that's actually, ya know, ran an athletic department before, but UW doesn't even have an appointed president right now. So, the AD and Petersen have carte blanche, probably for the next two years or so, while the BOR trips over themselves finding a new president. But it's not solely on the AD. No, I believe that the Marinerization of Husky Football is now deeply rooted in the very fabric of this university, and is most likely beyond repair. Just as the Mariners' atrocious administration hamstrings that team over and over again, so does the UW's admin.

Since dickface Gerberding hired Babs and destroyed Husky Football, here is a list of the illustrious UW presidents that followed him (List does not include interim presidents):

- Richard McCormick: Ran outta town for allegedly having a love triangle with fellow UW employees.
    - Mark Emmert: Nuffsed on that.
    - Michael Young: Took the job as a retirement package and did absolutely fucking nothing during his tenure. Last straw, ran outta town after he allegedly requested to work remotely... from Utah.

So who's selecting these great leaders? The UW Board of Regents. Who appoints the BOR members? Why, the governor of course! And there's the rub. Due to the PC, unusual faggotry this state has become in the last twenty years, I do believe Husky Football is fuct for life.

Hey, at least we still have crew!

FYFMFE
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,569 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Last week Petersen was a hero, second coming of the Dawgfather.. This week he's more like Gilby.

Popcorn.gif

It's incredible. People on here seriously want him fired or on a very hot seat RIGHT NOW. I could see it if they were 2-6, but not 2-2.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,569 Founders Club
    I am looking forward to the podcast....I wish I could listen to it all at once but it's tough, even for a guy with no life..