Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW coaching search & AD search

13»

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

I thought this thread was about teenage girls on the rag.

Pics?

Pressing.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

TTJ said:

It's hard to find anything to like in this scheme. But I do wonder what scheme would look good with a frosh QB and 3 frosh OL.

A running game would be fine with those players.

Hope this helps.
    I'd love to see UW run more. But they're gonna struggle running the ball behind this all year long. Recall the BSU game.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468
    We need a killer instinct to do whatever it takes to win the game. Think outside the box if you have to.

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    MisterEm said:

TL:DR version

2022 will be speshul.

I um sur twit will bea. Me just hopes stihl be alived and nit a doog then.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

TTJ said:

It's not Pete's fault his predecessors (and their apologists) trotted out "youth" as a recurring excuse. This team is undeniably young, and many of its problems relate directly to its youth.

If only there were a way to avoid being "young" every year.

It's called continuity. Keep a coach who can develop players, while not running players off every year because he has new shiny toys.
    @Dick_Baird? True???
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam
    Being hired to mighty Washington?

El oh el

Muttzen said:

jecornel said:

TTJ said:

It's not Pete's fault his predecessors (and their apologists) trotted out "youth" as a recurring excuse. This team is undeniably young, and many of its problems relate directly to its youth.

It's called continuity. Keep a coach who can develop players, while not running players off every year because he has new shiny toys.
    Continuity is the faggiest shit ever.

It brought UW 0-12.
    Yeah, because Ty and Pete are exactly the same. I forgot they recruited the same talent, and had the same ability to develop it.

What's faggy are posters who want a new coach when we lose, while also want to anoint him when we win. Some of the posters here are more moody than a teenage girl on the rag. It's unbearable at times.

So far Pete is a loser... a highly paid loser... mainly the praise for Pete has been recruiting which appears to be an upgrade from years past.

Though, Pete has been below average for the product on the field.

Praise has been limited even in wins because most of the wins have come against really shitty teams.

This is true. He's 10-8, and who has he beat?
    Utah State
    Sac State
    Georgia State
    Illinois
    Hawaii
    EWU
    Cal
    WSU
    OSU
    Colorado
    Zero teams with a winning record in FBS.

But how is Peterman a mediocre coach?
    If only Peterman would rise to mediocrity, then we could call it the Peterman Principle.

BearsWiin said:

What's faggy are posters who want a new coach when we lose, while also want to anoint him when we win. Some of the posters here are more moody than a teenage girl on the rag. It's unbearable at times.

Are you new here?
    No.
    Seems to be have been pitching feces here for about 2 ½ years. LIPO. Needs more time.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

We need a killer instinct to do whatever it takes to win the game. Think outside the box if you have to.

Wood hit.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    godawgst said:

TTJ said:

This is kind of true, but the offensive philosophy sucks and there is way too much cutesy bullshit going on. Right now, we should be an 8-9 win team, but Petersen is holding it back with his offense. So when the players improve we will win 8-9 when we should be winning 11+.
    Do you really think with our OL, wr corp and a true freshman qb this is a 8-9 win team?
    These are the smartest D bags on the enternet. Don't ask stoopid questions
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

godawgst said:

TTJ said:

This is kind of true, but the offensive philosophy sucks and there is way too much cutesy bullshit going on. Right now, we should be an 8-9 win team, but Petersen is holding it back with his offense. So when the players improve we will win 8-9 when we should be winning 11+.
    Do you really think with our OL, wr corp and a true freshman qb this is a 8-9 win team?
    Yes. The reason we aren't already 4-0 is coaching.
    Statistically Cal should have won yesterday by 24, yet we lost by only 6 w/ Five turnovers. That's NOT coaching and it IS coaching that is getting the D to play over it's head considering the youth we have out there.

And against Boise State when all you can run for is 29 yards, WITH Boise State never having to bring their safeties up to help stop the run what coaching adj. do you propose they should have done? Boise State kept us in the game because at halftime (like we did last year vs. Hawaii) they played not to lose and thought they could just run the blast play between the tackles the second half, which is turning out to be a strength of our D.

And even if we were 4-0, you are saying we will beat one of: USC, Stanford, Utah, Oregon, or ASU who we haven't beat down there in literally 20 years. To get 9 wins you have to beat two of the above.

This is not a 8-9 win team with the Offense we have. Not close, and that win total is what the great Auburndawg (lead doog in hardcore husky land) predicted at the start of the year.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    Pete Carroll might be available at the end of the year...
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    PurpleJ said:

Lane Kiffin might be available immediately...

I hear he's great at scoring
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

I know you are being sarcastic, but I didn't actually say that.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

There's a lot of truth that UW did a lot to not help itself in winning the game ...

Cal also did some really stupid shit as well to help keep us in the game ...

And while not excusing Petersen or Smith with this comment, but you get a lot of ups and downs with freshman ... UCLA is another great example. The highs will show you glimpses of what will come and the downs will leave you shaking your head.

I wish UW was 4-0 like UCLA.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

I know you are being sarcastic, but I didn't actually say that.
    Crossing out what you wrote and inserting my witty replacement didn't format correctly, so I just deleted what you wrote and improved it. Aplologies

Any hot Tyee wives? Asking for a friend
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

TTJ said:

It's hard to find anything to like in this scheme. But I do wonder what scheme would look good with a frosh QB and 3 frosh OL.

A running game would be fine with those players.

Hope this helps.
    You have a decent running game when they actually hold onto the ball. It's really your only hope this season. Your Qb isnt ready to sling it 40 times per game. Cal has a good Offense by any standards and your D made adjustments and shut down a good offense for the best part of the 2nd half. You need to be a pound the rock sort of Offense. It will only help the strength of your team which is the D.