Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon might just be the worst team in the league

13»

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Even if they're fucking #1 you shouldn't lose 62-20 at home.

This Xs Kool Keith.

Oregon is horrible and there's nothing in the cupboard. Helrich is the architect of this AIDS castle. He'll be the punchline for
    a generation.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

ntxduck said:

Even if they're fucking #1 you shouldn't lose 62-20 at home.

This Xs Kool Keith.

Oregon is horrible and there's nothing in the cupboard. Helfrich is the architect of this AIDS castle. He'll be the punchline for
    a generation.
    NTD, BB
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Has Oregon lost at home to Portland State, yet?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I know many are being sarkastik and it's fun to give a symbolic "F you" to the CEO by kicking your dog and NOT taking a walk to gain some perspective, but as a bettor, I can't think of a better game all year to lay the 8 points. The sharps look for trends and they as well as the bookmakers come up with lines for every game, they're just not released until the week of. The people that make a lot of money betting take advantage of the public, who usually don't take walks to gain perspective and overreact the wrong way. There's no way of knowing but this has to be one of the biggest line changes from week to week that has taken place in a long time.

Before last Saturday, I would have to think the linesmakers had Oregon giving about 24-30 points to Colorado. As soon as it went down to 8, I jumped on it. Is it because I like slingblade and think he's going to right the ship? Absolutely not. But that's what the sharps call "line value".
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516

I know many are being sarkastik and it's fun to give a symbolic "F you" to the CEO by kicking your dog and NOT taking a walk to gain some perspective, but as a bettor, I can't think of a better game all year to lay the 8 points. The sharps look for trends and they as well as the bookmakers come up with lines for every game, they're just not released until the week of. The people that make a lot of money betting take advantage of the public, who usually don't take walks to gain perspective and overreact the wrong way. There's no way of knowing but this has to be one of the biggest line changes from week to week that has taken place in a long time.

Before last Saturday, I would have to think the linesmakers had Oregon giving about 24-30 points to Colorado. As soon as it went down to 8, I jumped on it. Is it because I like slingblade and think he's going to right the ship? Absolutely not. But that's what the sharps call "line value".

The preseason line was oregon -14...and it opened at -12 this week. So 2 points difference from what Vegas thought it was in July. Not much value there.

Oregon gonna lose by 10, too.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2015

If Oregon lets EWU and GSU put up 30-40 pts in autzen, I have to think Colorado will put up about 30 as well, minimum. And if you believe that - you're saying you'd put money on Lockie leading Oregon to 38+ points on the road?

I sure wouldn't risk my money on that. Not in this economy...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Moss you sound like a fuvking quook. Utah is a 9-3 team at best. Even if they're fucking #1 you shouldn't lose 62-20 at home. Oregon loses at cu this weekend...and it's probably not close

As a Duck fan, you should almost hope they lose to Colorado. A 4 or 5 win season should get Helfrich fired. Colorado is really bad though. I think Oregon wins, but I may be overrating Oregon.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

Moss you sound like a fuvking quook. Utah is a 9-3 team at best. Even if they're fucking #1 you shouldn't lose 62-20 at home. Oregon loses at cu this weekend...and it's probably not close

As a Duck fan, you should almost hope they lose to Colorado. A 4 or 5 win season should get Helfrich fired. Colorado is really bad though. I think Oregon wins, but I may be overrating Oregon.
    That's my post fella. I'll wait for the royalty check.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516

ntxduck said:

Oh yeah. I'm full on rooting for 2-10. Only way to ensure big changes are made. 8-4 would be disastrous for oregon fball long term.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Oh yeah. I'm full on rooting for 2-10. Only way to ensure big changes are made. 8-4 would be disastrous for oregon fball long term.
    You can't fire a guy who played in the National Championship game the next year!!!!!111!!!!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

how come you're quoting others about how to gamble on kids but nobody is quoting you?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Oregon is still good enough to win the North. They probably lose in the title game to the LOADED South division champ.

Maybe but they'll go 6-3 or something
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

You can't fire a guy who played in the National Championship game the next year!!!!!111!!!!

Phone for you; some guy named Gene Chizik?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    ntxduck said:

Our/Us/We/They/Them head coach is a guy we call Slingblade. We/Us/They/Them have been plunger'd twice in the last five games. The guy has a losing record against fucking Arizona for Christ sake.

Oregon was serious about football until it wasn't.

My thoughts on Utah have nothing to do with the shit Duck team they beat. They are just really good. Stay tuned, you'll see.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

Our/Us/We/They/Them head coach is a guy we call Slingblade. We/Us/They/Them have been plunger'd twice in the last five games. The guy has a losing record against fucking Arizona for Christ sake.

My thoughts on Utah have nothing to do with the shit Duck team they beat. They are just really good. Stay tuned, you'll see.

You're confusing being really good and playing really good in one game against a shit team. Don't be a quook and extrapolate that. I've watched all of Utah's games, and they will lose several times this year. Looking forward to bumping this

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Phone for you; some guy named Gene Chizik?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    This is all going to be really funny when Oregon comes to Washington and wins 26-20 and outplays Washington in every statistical category but keeps it close with stupid penalties and red zone implosions. Don't say I didn't warn you fuckers.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2015

This is all going to be really funny when Oregon comes to Washington and wins 26-20 and outplays Washington in every statistical category but keeps it close with stupid penalties and red zone implosions. Don't say I didn't warn you fuckers.

Nevermind, you cheeky bastard
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917

Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

You're confusing being really good and playing really good in one game against a shit team. Don't be a quook and extrapolate that. I've watched all of Utah's games, and they will lose several times this year. Looking forward to bumping this

Bumping for @Mosster47

Is that still a GOOD Utah team?